Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

How To Make Dodo Ikire. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Dodo Ikire. (1349 Views)

My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery. / How To Make Dodo Ikire / How To Make Dodo Ikire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Dodo Ikire. by mariahAngel(f): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dodo ikire is a very simple but delicious snack made from overly ripe plantains.
It is a traditional delicacy from Ikire in Osun State, Nigeria, but can be enjoyed by everyone.
It is very easy to make, traditionally fried in palm oil, but you can substitute that for vegetable oil or mix both.

For your dodo ikire, you're going to need just three ingredients:

Very ripe plantains (the blacker, the better. Trust the process)

Dry chilli peppers (roughly grinded)
Salt (to taste)
Palm oil and/or vegetable oil for frying.

Process

- First you start by washing your plantains, peel and cut up in small chunks, then you sprinkle your roughly grinded chilli peppers and some salt to taste, mix and set aside.

- Next, place your pan on the fire, pour in some vegetable oil enough for frying plantains, add a little palm oil for the traditional flavour, when it is heated up, scoop up a tablespoon of plantain paste at a time into your hot oil, giving space for turning.
Reduce the heat to medium and allow to gently fry without burning.

- Fry on both sides until dark brown, remove with a slotted spoon, pressing another spoon over them to remove excess oil, then place on a paper towel to absorb the rest of the oil.
Continue the process till you're done.

Your delicious homemade dodo ikire is ready to be enjoyed!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Dodo Ikire. by brain54(m): 1:48am On Jan 04, 2021
sexy...now you wanna make me eat my phone.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Dodo Ikire. by mariahAngel(f): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2023
I was searching through Google for some information on dodo ikire, and guess what I found...my thread on dodo ikire! cheesy
Re: How To Make Dodo Ikire. by RepoMan007: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
The one I know of looks drier and mingled compared to this.
Re: How To Make Dodo Ikire. by mariahAngel(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2023
RepoMan007:
The one I know of looks drier and mingled compared to this.

And blacker too.
I think that one is fried twice.

I'll try that method some other time.

(1) (Reply)

See The Mangoes I Bought For N1200 / Interested In Moderating This Section? / Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.