Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal (1056 Views)

Hanifa Abubakar: Abdulmalik Tanko Confesses, Statement By Kano Police (Video) / Professor Solomon Musa Tarfa Arrested By Kano Police Over Baby Factory / 23 Out Of 93 Commercial Sex Workers Arrested By Kano Hisbah Tested HIV Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2020
The recent destruction of bears and alcoholic drinks by Hisbah in Kano State is a violation of the rights of Nigeria citizens. The Constitution of Nigeria is supreme and permits individual freedom to acquire or consume whatever he wants as long as it doesn't constitute social nuisance.

Lawyers in this forum should please affirm this or debunk it.

Those whose bears and alcoholic drinks have been destroyed should sue the state and claim damages.

Ironically, these same people behind the scene drink this same alcohol.

If we don't reject this act, very soon they will tell the people of Kano state the type of dresses to put on.

Why are these people making Nigeria a living hell. We already have enough problems. They should deal with fundamental issues.

Meanwhile, they are benefiting from revenues generated from alcoholic drinks.

1 Like

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TecM0: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2020
cool

We have State laws, each state has the right to enact laws, beer and alcohol is not on federal government exclusive list

In Anambra State for instance they have enacted laws concerning burials and burial ceremony

In Imo State they have laws on abolishment of OSU discrimination especially on marriage

In Osun a law was once enacted to have every pupils wear same uniform accross the state

In Oyo State open grazing of animals are prohibited

In Benue State they have laws against against open grazing of animals

In Rivers State they have laws against public hawking

And in Kano State Alcohol has been legislated on prohibited items list

As long as 2/3rd majority of the State house of assembly passed it into law, and it's not on Federal Government Exclusive list then it is a valid law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by YoonSung57: 10:16am On Nov 11, 2020
very illegal

1 Like

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by ngadaAwo: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:
We have State laws, each state has the right to enact laws, beer and alcohol is not on federal government exclusive list

In Anambra State for instance they have enacted laws concerning burials and burial ceremony

In Imo State they have laws on abolishment of OSU discrimination especially on marriage

In Osun a law was once enacted to have every pupils wear same uniform accross the state

lol when I tell people that yeroba Muslims are not different from Bokoharam or isis or northern extremists they doubt sometimes

there's nothing like moderate Muslims
all Muslims are terrorists and potential terrorists

6 Likes

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TecM0: 10:19am On Nov 11, 2020
ngadaAwo:

lol when I tell people that yeroba Muslims are not different from Bokoharam or isis or northern extremists they doubt sometimes

Typical Ibo man

Throw insult,

But refuses to contribute objectively to the discussion

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2020
ngadaAwo:

Drunkard illiterate spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
TecM0:
cool

As long as 2/3rd majority of the State house of assembly passed it into law, and it's not on Federal Government Exclusive list then it is a valid law

Whatever law state enacts should not countermand the Constitution of Nigeria. The Nigeria constitution is supreme.

If we don't condemn this, very soon they will tell you the style of clothes you must put on and the haircut you must wear.

The issue of drinking alcohol is purely personal. Even smoking which is more dangerous has not been banned. They can only warn you of the dangers. It is your right to choose what you eat or drink. The Law is absolute nonsense.

Stop comparing it with laws like hawking for that constitute social nuisance.

Drinking your bear doesn't affect anyone. It doesn't disrupt any activity. It is purely personal.

They will not put laws to punish those who kill. Taking lives doesn't matter to them. They leave important issues and focus on things that has no effect on what we are passing through.

3 Likes

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TecM0: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
TruthinAction:

Whatever law state enacts should not countermand the Constitution of Nigeria. The Nigeria constitution is supreme.

If we don't condemn this, very soon they will tell you the style of clothes you must put on and the haircut you must wear.

The issue of drinking alcohol is purely personal. Even smoking which is more dangerous has not been banned. They can only warn you of the dangers. It is your right to choose what you eat or drink. The Law is absolute nonsense.

Stop comparing it with laws like hawking for that constitute social nuisance.

Drinking your bear doesn't affect anyone. It doesn't disrupt any activity. It is purely personal.

They will not put laws to punish those who kill. Taking lives doesn't matter to them. They leave important issues and focus on things that has no effect on what we are passing through.

Not a single part of Nigeria Constitution talks about alcohol or its sales, so I don't know where you got the idea alcohol is contained in our Federal Constitution, you can read it online for clearification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by haslaw(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by nedekid: 12:22am On Nov 12, 2020
ngadaAwo:

Lol, see as the guy quote state law, federal law, sharia, local government law etc just to defend destruction of alcohol. shocked
Walai na dem dem..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 12:36am On Nov 12, 2020
TecM0:

Not a single part of Nigeria Constitution talks about alcohol or its sales, so I don't know where you got the idea alcohol is contained in our Federal Constitution, you can read it online for clearification

You are irrational. Very soon the clothes you wear will be regulated. I am ashamed to share this country with people like you. You always reason upside down.

How does what I drink affect you or the country? I thought your heaven is full of wine?

This same people condemning alcohol are full of immorality. They sleep with all kinds of prostitutes.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 12:37am On Nov 12, 2020
haslaw:

The problem with you drunkards is that you do everything in your drunken state.

Stop reading the Constitution in your drunken state.

I don't even take alcohol but you shouldn't stop someone who wants to. Is it your life? Busy body.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by dahnimoh(m): 12:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Barr Kenechukwu okeke ,oya food Don done.

Come and sue
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by tobechi74: 1:05am On Nov 12, 2020
This is religion.
Provided ,

Drinks were not siezed from Christian
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by 143WaZoBia: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
Are you from Kano?
TruthinAction:

You are irrational. Very soon the clothes you wear will be regulated. I am ashamed to share this country with people like you. You always reason upside down.

How does what I drink affect you or the country? I thought your heaven is full of wine?

This same people condemning alcohol are full of immorality. They sleep with all kinds of prostitutes.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
143WaZoBia:
Are you from Kano?

I don't have to be from Kano to say the truth. Let people live the life they want to live as long as it doesn't affect you or the society.

The sinful acts of most of you is worse than drinking alcohol.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by 143WaZoBia: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
You are not saying the truth sir, you are being mischievous. Let people from Kano condemn their government, when they do you know he’s working against their interest but if they don’t it means he’s fulfilling all righteousness. You in the other hand don’t have a say for the fact that you don’t understand sharia underwhich the law was carried out, which the northern people never complained about. Please live and let live. wink
Like are you even for real? So now you de fight for the north?

Please just live and let others live. Life don’t get hard that way.
TruthinAction:

I don't have to be from Kano to say the truth. Let people live the life they want to live as long as it doesn't affect you or the society.

The sinful acts of most of you is worse than drinking alcohol.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
143WaZoBia:
You are not saying the truth sir, you are being mischievous. Let people from Kano condemn their government, when they do you know he’s working against their interest but if they don’t it means he’s fulfilling all righteousness. You in the other hand don’t have a say for the fact that you don’t understand sharia underwhich the law was carried out, which the northern people never complained about. Please live and let live. wink
Like are you even for real? So now you de fight for the north?

Please just live and let others live. Life don’t get hard that way.

Your statement contradicts what your government say. If it's Sharia, it is not binding on none Muslims. So, to make it binding, they say it's the state penal code. I know it's Sharia in disguise. So, your state government is deceptive.

Besides, is there any righteous Muslim? I stayed in the north for seven years including Kanu, I have not seen a righteous Muslim.

Only Jesus can make a man righteous. The Christians living in Kano should challenge that law. It's an infringement on their fundamental human right. It is contrary to Nigeria constitution which is supreme.

Live your Sharia life and let others live theirs.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by 143WaZoBia: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
I’m not a Muslim nor from the north. But I respect laws, opinions and so on. You should learn to not put your mouth in something you can’t control. You can’t effect a change in the north. You will only succeed in making enemies for yourself. Personally you must have an issue in your life that needs your attention more than what happens in far away Kano.
TruthinAction:

Your statement contradicts what your government say. If it's Sharia, it is not binding on none Muslims. So, to make it binding, they say it's the state penal code. I know it's Sharia in disguise. So, your state government is deceptive.

Besides, is there any righteous Muslim? I stayed in the north for seven years including Kanu, I have not seen a righteous Muslim.

Only Jesus can make a man righteous. The Christians living in Kano should challenge that law. It's an infringement on their fundamental human right. It is contrary to Nigeria constitution which is supreme.

Live your Sharia life and let others live theirs.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
143WaZoBia:
I’m not a Muslim nor from the north. But I respect laws, opinions and so on. You should learn to not put your mouth in something you can’t control. You can’t effect a change in the north. You will only succeed in making enemies for yourself. Personally you must have an issue in your life that needs your attention more than what happens in far away Kano.

There are laws that are useless and doesn't add value. Rather, it infringes on people's right. Smoking is even more hazardous than drinking and no one has banned it in any part of the world. They only warn you of the dangers. Are there not smokers in Kano. Please try and be rational. If we don't condemn certain things, it will be brought to your door step. What happens in Kano can happen anywhere else. I strongly condemn that law. It is no business of the government what anyone drinks. Is it their stomach? Very soon, they will tell you food you must not eat. They should focus on good governance. They are using it to divert attention away from real issues.

1 Like

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by worldman(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
ngadaAwo:

let God judge you
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by 143WaZoBia: 6:46am On Nov 13, 2020
You are trying to make sense but no boss. Tell me who don slap person before bcuz him smoke cigarettes? Abi na weed you de talk? Weed is banned all over the world. Cigarette is the same as over feeding on carbohydrates or fats na your body go tell you but you see alcohol the Bible warned about it severally because when you drink alcohol it affect your state of mind. I smoke igbo, I can tell you alcohol is the most dangerous of them all. I know people that have died of alcohol than of any of those 3. Matter of fact most times when you drink alcohol you don’t die alone, like the case of gamini or what’s that social influencer name? Na DUI kill da grin, tell me one person you know that has died of weed or cigarettes smoking, just one, not Bob Marley, not majek, not Orlando owoh. Do you want to know how many people have died of diabetes or kidney diseases caused by alcohol? I drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, you don’t even do any of these things what’s your headache nitori oloun? Na only alcohol go make you get accident abi you don see person smoke cigar come de perform nonsense. Stop flogging this issue. Take your life more seriously. Nigerian problem no go ever finish.
TruthinAction:

There are laws that are useless and doesn't add value. Rather, it infringes on people's right. Smoking is even more hazardous than drinking and no one has banned it in any part of the world. They only warn you of the dangers. Are there not smokers in Kano. Please try and be rational. If we don't condemn certain things, it will be brought to your door step. What happens in Kano can happen anywhere else. I strongly condemn that law. It is no business of the government what anyone drinks. Is it their stomach? Very soon, they will tell you food you must not eat. They should focus on good governance. They are using it to divert attention away from real issues.

Mind you the government can tell you what to eat or drink! Even what to wear. That’s one of the job of the government, China de tell their citizens how many kids to have go there and tell them children are God’s blessings and shouldn’t be subsidized.
Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by TruthinAction: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2020
143WaZoBia:
You are trying to make sense but no boss. Tell me who don slap person before bcuz him smoke cigarettes? Abi na weed you de talk? Weed is banned all over the world. Cigarette is the same as over feeding on carbohydrates or fats na your body go tell you but you see alcohol the Bible warned about it severally because when you drink alcohol it affect your state of mind. I smoke igbo, I can tell you alcohol is the most dangerous of them all. I know people that have died of alcohol than of any of those 3. Matter of fact most times when you drink alcohol you don’t die alone, like the case of gamini or what’s that social influencer name? Na DUI kill da grin, tell me one person you know that has died of weed or cigarettes smoking, just one, not Bob Marley, not majek, not Orlando owoh. Do you want to know how many people have died of diabetes or kidney diseases caused by alcohol? I drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, you don’t even do any of these things what’s your headache nitori oloun? Na only alcohol go make you get accident abi you don see person smoke cigar come de perform nonsense. Stop flogging this issue. Take your life more seriously. Nigerian problem no go ever finish.

Mind you the government can tell you what to eat or drink! Even what to wear. That’s one of the job of the government, China de tell their citizens how many kids to have go there and tell them children are God’s blessings and shouldn’t be subsidized.

Nonsense. Very soon they will tell you who to marry and when to sleep with your spouse. Jobless government. They don't have the moral right to infringe on the rights of citizens when their own lives are dirty and they know it.

1 Like

Re: Destruction Of Bear And Alcoholic Drinks By Kano State Government Is Illegal by Nnannapat(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
TecM0:
cool

So going by your analysis, Ondo state can ban consumption of rice and it will stand.

What then is Fundamental Human right as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

ATM Card Needed / Killers Of Makeup Artist Ijeoma Nweke Killed On November 2020 Appears In Court / Most Bizzare Solved Cases And Famous Criminals In History <<histogore<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.