Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work (707 Views)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work by Factfinder1(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2020
Truth is, Aliko Dangote didn't become Africa's richest businessman by any dint of hard work or possession of special business acumen. Far from it. Dangote is who he is today because for some reason, successive govts both from the South and North have always come up with anti-competition policies aimed at destroying other businesses just to create a monopoly for him. And my guess is, so many highly placed Nigerians from North and South, both in govt and out of govt, have stakes in the Dangote Group which is why they keep feeding him with the monopolistic govt breasts.

The moment he declared interest in diary, the FG banned the importation of milk.

To gift him with monopoly over cement, Ibeto cement and others were run off the market. The few still in the market are struggling to breathe due to unfair anti-competitive govt policies churned out deliberately in favor of Dangote.

Even as the land border is still closed to other businesses, it remains open for Dangote to bring in anything.

While you are going from one place to another sourcing for forex to import goods, Dangote gets forex directly from the govt.

Dangote is amongst the very few (if he is not the only one) with Govt Waiver to import just about anything. So while other businesses are speaking long grammar at the border with Customs, Dangote for don finish selling his products and gone to market again.

Now do pray tell, WHO WILL NOT BECOME THE RICHEST MAN WITH SUCH A GOVT-GIFTED MONOPOLY AND FAVOURITISM?? Even Ikenga - my 7 year old son - will become wealthier than Dangote if given such unfair business advantage.

Fact is, in a competitive business environment, a Chinedu with a half shop at Ogbete main market or Ariaria may do better than Dangote.

Healthy competition brings out the best in people. Be it in politics, business, education etc.

Part of the reason this country is the way it is is because she wasn't structured to encourage healthy competition.

To be clear, this is not me beefing Dangote. Not at all. But it's good we put things in proper perspective which is that Dangote is not the richest businessman because he has the best business acumen or works harder than every other businessman in Nigeria. Rather, he is as wealthy as he is today because he is a "govt pikin" whose business depends mainly on govt killing off other businesses to create a monopoly and special favoritism for him.

6 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work by QuikDRAWmacGRAW(m): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2020
cool
I bet one or two idiots from the Colony Of Idiots called Nigeria will still come here to argue this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work by SocialJustice: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2020
Sophistry. Dangote is all he is through very hard work and exploiting his network. That is what every business aspires for. Ibeto cement is out of business for reasons I do not know but BUA, Lafarge and the rest are making very good money.
Re: Aliko Dangote Didn't Become Africa's Richest Businessman By Hard Work by UncleJJ(m): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2020
Dangote from the North
Innosson from the East
Shola Akinlade from the West

They have lot in common but most instructive; they own their systems, they lean on government policies; they build big or design for scale; they concentrate on expansion; they are market leaders.

You can become a millionaire even multi millionaire on your own but nobody becomes a billionaire without exploiting or leaning on government policy.

Tell me does Ikenga with half shop understand the Chinese currency swap, did he know treasury bills were running @ 13% sometime last year, does Ikenga know he is operating in a saturated market?

Do you know Innosson was the first to setup a motor cycle plant in Nigeria with 25% locally sourced parts.

Did you know Dangote was the only sugar importer in the 90's while others preferred oil import licenses.

What do you know about FGN government current policies?

Dangote This, Dangote that.

(1) (Reply)

How My Wife Learnt Forex And Binary Option From Scratch And Now A Professional T / The Richest People In The World / Latest Flush Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.