Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton (332 Views)

FBI International: S01E01, Team Rescues 14 Year Old Girl Captured In Croatia / Pete Edochie Makes Entrance In Cell In New Movie (Photos) / So Sad! 14-year-old Rapper, Lil Ameer, Dies In Fatal Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by AJohnnasa(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
If you are a Nigerian like me who has not crossed the border to another country all your life, then you should be able to appreciate what 14-year-old Praise Kelechi Onuoha does with carton and glue. In fact, if you had a really eventful childhood like me, his creativity should remind as well as inspire you to invent.

When I was younger, fellow boys and even girls on my street had miniature challenges to find out who would create the best structures with carton and glue.

Our parents, being what they are, mostly discouraged us because they felt we were overdoing it (as if they did not have their own childhood memories).

Some of us who could not build theirs at home for fear that their parents would beat the living daylights out of them sought adequate venues which would accord them the opportunity. Fortunately, they found solace in 'general yards' or what you might call 'face me, I face you house' and were able to make good use of them after school hours.

Looking back now, I find myself wistful to relive those years of childhood innocence. Apologies to you if you were not lucky enough to have a childhood like ours.

Praise Kelechi Onuoha is a 14-year-old talented young boy who calls himself a costume designer. He designs varieties of costumes, the likes of the Captain America shield, the mountain-crushing hammer of Thor, Batman mask etc. with carton and glue.

He strongly believes that everyone has the power to become whatever they want to be, be they rich or poor.

Praise Kelechi recently built the Marvel superhero, 'Iron Man' with just his signature pieces of carton and glue. But he does not have everything he needs to make such structures, hence he improvises. For instance, in place of glue which is not readily available, he melts styrofoam in petrol to produce a sticky substance which he uses to glue cut cartons together.

Read more to see photos of his work: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=ddd6675c6a822120fc2165c5829d5231&news_entry_id=s65afcd04201106en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_0dd086f3-f2e3-4862-81d8-20901b537bea&from=news

Re: Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by YoonSung57: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
hmmm see talent!

1 Like

Re: Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by hopeforcharles(m): 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nice God's favor I pray

1 Like

Re: Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by Freestainworld(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
they will not catch him young now, when he makes it on his own, they will write big articles on how he became a Nigerian they are proud of.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by AJohnnasa(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
Freestainworld:
they will not catch him young now, when he makes it on his own, they will write big articles on how he became a Nigerian they are proud of.

As in ehn! E no get wetin pain me pass that kain thing.

1 Like

Re: Meet 14-year-old Sickle-cell Disease Sufferer, Who Designs Costumes With Carton by AJohnnasa(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
YoonSung57:
hmmm see talent!

Beta talent no be small.

(1) (Reply)

5 Valentines Day Special Movies On Netflix You’ll Fall In Love With In 2021 / Superman Vs Doctor Strange, Who Will Win In A Fight? / Femi Fani-kayode Finds Love Again, Meet His New Girlfriend Nerita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.