Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down (4206 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? / Nira Releases 50,000 Free .ng Domains For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by Richaado: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
All Nigerian Sites With Url .ng Domain Are Generally Down

Hey people I need to inform you that all the .ng domain site are down. The Company hosting the .ng domain are having problem with their server. So, all Nigerian site URL that ends with .ng are generally down

<<UPDATE: the .NG domains are back up!
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2007
Amazingly, this includes Google Nigeria: www.google.com.ng. Our incompetence is harming google right now!

1 Like

Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by darkey(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2007
yeah, i noticed it too. for a minute there, i thought, google was down for the first time(aint too sure). hope dey come back up soon cos i cant even access google.com
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by samboribo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2007
darkey, use www.google.us

however, i can access Google Nigeria from my side. it just opened before this post was modified.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by 3dhunter(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
Nigeria we hail "or is it HELL"  thee
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by 3dhunter(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2007
Nigeria we hail "or is it HELL"  thee
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by breeolan(f): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
seun what do u mean by our incompetence??

dnt tell me you dnt knw how unpredictable these things can be
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2007
3d_hunter:

Nigeria we hail "or is it HELL" thee

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by nguage(m): 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2007
this is the first time richaado will be posting something reasonable. He is always spammin the forum with legwork.com.ng.
@ topic
I noticed it too. WELCOME TO NIGERIA. [/sub]where everything is possible[sub]
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by yse(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2007
Sorry.Bt can smbdy tell me hw to post a topic.I dont knw.Help.Pls smiley
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by LearnBook: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2007
Our biggest weakness is our lack of understanding of two words : infrastructure and maintenance. Today, a solid Internet infrastructure is as important as physical infrastructure like roads. Sadly, we fall short in both. Is it any wonder that most nigerian and african sites end in .com or .net?
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by emirategun(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2007
The reason I couldn't log unto Nipex portal this morning. tanx Ricaado
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by champredd(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2007
breeolan:

seun what do u mean by our incompetence??

dnt tell me you dnt knw how unpredictable these things can be
Na true ooooooo. This case is not likely to be due to failures in Nigerian infrastructure. When hackers launch massive attacks on servers in US and Europe all of them crashed and had close down for a long time.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2007
Google Nigeria is up and running
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2007
Congratulations, Nigeria. The .NG domains are back! (It may take a while for our local ISPs to respond to that)

don't tell me you dnt knw how unpredictable these things can be
Yes, I know that servers can be unpredictable. Our real incompetence is our decision to host the domains locally knowing fully well that our infrastructure is not yet what it should be. What happens next time there is no diesel because of a strike? What happens when the administrator falls ill? Is there a backup server? Is there a backup ISP in case the main ISP goes down, which is a regular occurence as we already know. Most important question: why bother our little heads with all these matters when we can just host the damn thing abroad for peanuts?

Are the NIRA people incompetent. No, they are not. They are as competent as the rest of us (you and me). lipsrsealed
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by obong(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
they are too expensive though
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by breeolan(f): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
well said but dnt you thk we need to learn to stand alone, like stand alone applications and all,

all this guys didnt get der in one day, they made mistakes and now we only see the good part, anyways,  i feel what you sed,

but my point is that we should try to do it ourselves,  lipsrsealed
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by goldenray(m): 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
Nope folks. .ng sites are still down as at posting time
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by evergie(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2007
some of the site are still down, like www.jamb.org.ng, www.ncc.gov.ng etc but others are up like google.com.ng and waeconline.org.ng
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by canachy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
O boy , even www.cac.gov.ng is still down (Corporate Affair Commision's Website)
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by FLT123(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2007
Folks,

I don't think .ng is hosted in Nigeria. The last I checked, it was being done via an NGO initiative by Randy Bush somewhere in the US. I think the ccTLD is hosted somewhere in ZA and with backup in other locations.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by niyyie(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2007
My check revealed that the .ng domain servers are spread across the globe.

#1 South Africa
#2 California, United States
#3 Kapaau, Hawaii, US
#4 Sweden

I was so pissed on the day the entire .ng was down, I blogged about it: http://www.davidajao.com/blog/2007/06/27/nigerian-cctld-something-wrong/

We need to get our acts right! angry
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by preoil(f): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2007
For a change, let us try to focus on the positive side of our country rather than castigate the .ng host. Ironically most of you guys do not even know to how network client computers let alone configure a server. In IT, whatever goes down comes up stronger and better.

1 Like

Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by niyyie(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2007
preoil:

For a change, let us try to focus on the positive side of our country rather than castigate the .ng host. Ironically most of you guys do not even know to how network client computers let alone configure a server. In IT, whatever goes down comes up stronger and better.

You are funny. You won't say this if you had a .ng and your money-making site was down for about 24 hours.

If something is wrong, we should all condemn it and see to it that things get better. I want the best for my country. I am not castigating.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by preoil(f): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2007
well Niyiyie, I am not cracking any jokes. I meant every word. I also do not mean they should not get there acts right.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by sturvs: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2007
yeah i bet google.com.ng will never go down. they probably have their own nameservers 4 it. i trust them to not wanna rely on anyone else
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by champredd(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2007
Google.com.ng like all other google website is likely to be hosted on google servers in the US.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by niyyie(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2007
All Google websites are hosted in the USA irrespective of the country-code domain.
Now, if the root servers for .ng is down, there is little Google can do in that respect since as you can see, google is under .com.ng (do you understand?)

Most of the .ng domains are hosted outside Nigeria. Just that if something is wrong with the .ng servers, there is very little the domain owners can do apart from put pressure on the NG Registry.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by ikdme: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
How come www.google.com.ng is functional now and all others that i know are still down?
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by soloqy: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
ikdme: How come www.google.com.ng is functional now and all others that i know are still down?

This is a 2007 post. A six year post. The .com.ng sites are currently ok.

Make una try dey look date before dragging a post up grin . I am wondering how far you had to dig to get to this post.
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by mrkels(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
^^ Nairalanders be making me laugh cheesy
Re: All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
soloqy:

This is a 2007 post. A six year post. The .com.ng sites are currently ok.

Make una try dey look date before dragging a post up grin . I am wondering how far you had to dig to get to this post.
I dey laugh in php!
Since 2007 ***surprise***Many waters have passed under the bridge. I wonder wherE all those members are now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Mtn And Etisalat Cheat Is Out / 6 Reasons To Focus On Content Marketing And Improve Your Google Ranking / How To Make Money With About.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.