Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range (338 Views)

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Jewelry Store Owner Gets Gunned Down At Close Range By Robbers / Uniabuja Student Points Gun At Female Lecturer(see Photos And Video) / Young Man Shot Dead At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Tussle. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range by DebbyJose: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
…Calls For Investigation

A Yet to be identified Policeman Attached to Ipaja Alagolo Police Division has threatened to kill popular Urban Express-News Publisher, Olusegun Ariyo in a location not far from Jakande Estate within ipaja metropolis at the point of making a u-turn within a conflict-point

Narrating what transpired, Mr Olusegun Ariyo, the publisher of the popular newspaper Urban Express, said it all started when some fierce-looking policemen were Jogging from the opposite direction of ipaja Ayobo road signifying their origin, stopped moving vehicles that are within the point of making a U-turn from the other side of the road, given that they were coming in numbers inside a sienna vehicle with purple colour identification, with an inscription of “Nigeria Police” Lagos state Command.
“As we were ask to wait, while it took about twenty minutes of waiting, decided to sign at the policeman that it was an emergency situation and that he should allow me to pass, what followed was, you are stupid, pointed firearm toward my direction and threaten to kill me”, he narrated.

“I will wipe-out you and your generation, who are you to say you want to go? The policeman asked me.

Continuing Olusegun Ariyo said he was shivering, he added “my daughter was excruciating pains with malaria symptom and all efforts to make him see reasons fell on his deaf ears.

“While waiting endlessly for their vehicle to pass from a long-distance stretch, just because they wanted to manoeuvre there way from traffic a bottle-neck, we waited for over twenty minutes, as they eventually came through with the said sienna space buss and passed; the said policeman walked sluggishly, entered their vehicle as he continues with using inflammatory words coming with a threat”.

“This is a policeman that is supposed to protect people’s lives and property, is the same individual using Gun bought with taxpayers money to point at a Nigerian and at the same time threatening to kill with it, not minding the facts that there was an emergency at hand but the fact that he’s wearing that uniform, it becomes a certificate to oppress up to the level of wanting to shot”.

Ariyo wondered while with all that transpired that led to the protest against police brutality, some those bad eggs still persist even with all the said rolled-out training

“The command once said in a statement that it is embarking on training to give them a new leaf, but judging from the action of this said policeman today, it seems there’s still a longer walk to freedom.

He said at the conflict-point where he wanted to make a u-turn, there has been an issue of non-traffic officer’s presence after the EndSARS protest, adding that this has been the norm for those on that routine duty not to come to take up their bit instead to watch and look away as if it’s not part of their responsibility.

“Let me call on the Lagos State commissioner of police, CP Hakeem Odumosu to investigate a case of threat to my life as such words are too weighty to be thrown inside the trash”.

His word: “ the Lagos state commissioner of police, CP Hakeem Odumosu should endeavor to investigate these matter before the threat is carryout as one need not wait for such threat to life is carried out especially coming from a uniform man that have access to fire-arm at all times

The visibly disappointed editor told this writer that he knew one of the policemen specifically the one driving the vehicle, saying there’s the need to put inside their ongoing curriculum “ Behavior Pattern and Management as it is observed that the said policeman lacks such, he said

Re: Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range by YoonSung57: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
I give up on this country, it can't be good
Re: Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range by Perfecttouch(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mtchew
Their initial gragra don dey clear
Very, you start seeing the Sars tag on the road once more
Re: Weeks After Endsars Protest, Policeman Points Gun At Journalist At Close Range by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is the result Buhari promised to give during his last useless broadcast on TV

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With A Stalker? / Kidnappers Invade ABU Campus, Abduct Lecturer! / Panic In Igangan Community Over Fresh Killing Of 65-year-old Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.