Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence (546 Views)

'I Left PDP Because Of Injustice’ –Umahi Finally Confirms Defection To APC / I’m Leaving PDP For APC, Umahi Tells Secondus, Others / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by Aguskid: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Following weeks of unending speculation, the Governor of Ebonyi state has revealed his intention to join the All Progressives Congress.

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, told the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Tuesday that he was leaving the party.

According to Punch[url=http://websiteworthspot.com/show.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zummy.com.ng%2F],[/url] he said he would join the ruling All Progressives Congress which he claimed would protect the interest of the South-East in the 2023 elections.

It was gathered that Umahi told the members of the National Working Committee of the PDP that his decision to join the APC was irrevocable.

The members of the PDP NWC, who were led to the meeting by its National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, were said to have tried in vain to convince the governor not to abandon the party.

Apart from Secondus, among those that were at the meeting at the Ebonyi Governor’s Lodge in Abuja were Deputy National Secretary, Agbo Emmanuel; National Organising Secretary, Austin Akobondu; Financial Secretary, Abdullahi Maibasira; National Women Leader, Mariya Waziri and Senator Sulieman Nazif.

The governor was said to be friendly when he received the PDP delegation, but stuck to his decision to leave the PDP when the issue came up.

It was gathered that the PDP delegation impressed it upon the governor that there was no need leaving the PDP for the APC, which they argued had become unpopular.

Sources at the meeting, however, said the governor was not convinced, insisting that the APC was planning to zone the 2023 Presidency to the South-East.

He was said to have promised to stay in the PDP if the party could make a pronouncement that it would zone the Presidency to the same zone.

One of the sources said, “I think his (governor’s) mind was made up. We told him there was no need for him to abandon the party that had made him a deputy governor, state chairman of the party, two-time governor and all that. But he refused.

“He wanted us to unilaterally zone the office of the Presidency to his area. We cannot do that. Parties are not run that way. He told us he was leaving. That is what we got from him.’’

When contacted, Secondus confirmed that the party’s leadership met with Umahi.

He, however, refused to declared the details of the meeting, insisting that the meeting was on ‘‘national issues.’’

1 Share

Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by Damikjay(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
welcome to the ruling party.

But remember dis anytime u take a decision, always consider the pocket of the cabals, unless u may be treated as trash.

APC is not pure in heart ooo
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by iconnecta(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
interesting time we are living
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by Kamdil: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
I like what he said, if they cared, they should zone the presidency to south east. But they have been fulanised,and northenised, they don't have that sense of justice to do that
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by Jones4190(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
apc = PDP, Prove ?
ANSWER
Since we know they are both parties, The 2nd "P" in PDP is a constant and so may not be included in the equation. OR we may as well say apc "P" = PD"P"
"P" = Party
Divide both sides of the equation by the constant "P".
Resulting in apc = PD
This means that if A+P+C = x, Also P+D must be equal to x
Meaning A+P+C = P+D
Using the alphabet A -Z numbers, whereby A = 1 and Z=26
Substituting letters with their corresponding numbers.
A,P,C = 1,16,3
P,D= 16,4
A+P+C = 1+16+3 = 20
P+D= 16+4 = 20
Therefore apc = PDP
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by OBUKSBAYELSA: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Leave, it won't make any difference, unfortunately for Umahi and his fellow travelers there's no guarantee that they can survive in APC firstly National Chairman of APC zoned to NORTH CENTRAL with Akume looking good to pick it, President zoned to SOUTH WEST with Kayode Fayemi tipped though BABA OBASANJO wants Adewunmi of African Development Bank and Vice President zoned to the NORTH EAST. The South-South and the North knows what to do. The following aspirants Bukola Saraki, Atiku Abubakar, Seriake Dickson, Gen Aliyu Gusau, Kwakwanso, Nyesom Wike and Tambuwal will defeat the APC candidates anytime. Umahi should leave quickly.
Re: I’m Leaving PDP For APC – Governor Umahi Finally Breaks Silence by Mynd44: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2020

(1)

Caption This Photo Of Obaseki, Gambari With Omo-Agege / Metuh Travels To Uk For Medical Treatment / ABIA: New Wave Of Criminality, Hoodlums Uproot Rail Lines | PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.