Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu (246 Views)

#EndSARS Promoter, Rinu On Frozen Account: I Am Disappointed In Nigeria / Raid On Atiku's Son's Home, Obi's Frozen Account Fake News From PDP- Garba Shehu / Shehu Sani Reacts To Akwa Ibom Govt Frozen Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu by nairapark: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), has said the freezing of #EndSARS promoters’ accounts was discussed during the meeting of South-West governors and traditional rulers on Sunday due to the violence that emerged from the #EndSARS protests that went bloody and agreed to take the action.

Akeredolu then informed the account owners the transaction was suspicious and the federal government can’t keep mum on the matter adding that freezing of owners account isn’t the first of its kind.

Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum, then told the promoters to challenge the action in court and they should justify that the fund was from a legalized source.

The Governor said, “The issue of the accounts that were frozen was discussed but nobody said in the communique that we appreciated the government for freezing the accounts.

“We know that there are ways to get a few things done without putting it in the public glare and start contestation on the pages of newspapers. So, we know what we decided and we know what we want to do about that.

“The issue, when it was raised, generated debate. But it was so clear that some people were getting to fund this for reasons other than #EndSARS. So, if we know money moved from some accounts that were suspicious, do you say the government should keep quiet? It is something we are looking into.”

Akeredolu explained that when Nigerian politicians’ accounts are frozen they also visit the court to justify themselves and the court will order the account to be de-frozen.

He said, “If I were counsel to those people, I will not advise them not to appear at that panel.

“Accounts are frozen, is that the first time it is done? If your account was frozen, you justify why the money was there. You explain what use you have used the money. If it is, okay, we paid this caterer to give food to these boys when they were there. We spent money before the hoodlums took over, it will be explained, people will know and the accounts will be de-frozen.

“If for instance, my account was frozen, all I will do is to go to court and explain. Politicians’ accounts have been frozen and all they do is to go to court to explain and the court will say, leave the accounts and the accounts will be de-frozen and they get their money.”

Akeredolu however urged the youth in the Lagos State Panel of Judiciary Inquiry investigating cases of police brutality and the Lekki shootings to resume.

About 20 persons account was frozen by the CBN making an accusation that it suspected the fund was for terrorists activities.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1605097547/frozen-account-endsars-promoters-should-justify-themselves

Re: Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu by Felyyaks(f): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
I wasn't expecting anything different coming from him
Re: Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu by Bkayyy: 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is how it's done.
For those that are novice in history and Revolution. This is how the government reacts after a failed revolution. Expect many to be incarcerated or killed.
It is also good to acknowledge the intelligence of PMB crew. That mapping out of palliatives was a smart move. Nobody saw it coming. I already know that the youths were moved by hunger but that "free for all" palliatives mapping was out of this world. The ability of PMB crew to turn that which was used to control the youths against them was brilliant.
I admire such

1 Like

Re: Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu by Meto1234(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
See this one oo hope ur new deputy matter is solved sha.
Re: Frozen Account: #endsars Promoters Should Justify Themselves- Akeredolu by slimfit1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
We will use this language with you when the time comes can you imagine that statement.

(1) (Reply)

(onsa) Nigeria, Usa To Lead Global Coalition Against Isis / The Hope Of South East Is In APC In 2023 Presidential Election, If You Know, / Nigeria Officially Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.