Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven (4376 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by llade(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Can one divorce his wife and still go to heaven cos with the rampant cases of divorce these days, one is tempted to ask if divorced couples are automatic hell fire candidates.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2011
Going to heaven is not based on our actions but on grace which has been given freely to all of us. You divorce her and still go to heaven, its a sin sha but then as christians we're dead top sin because of Christ sacrifice.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Brite02(m): 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
@OP. The bible rarely supports divorce, and so if that should happen i guess the victim must have really gone to the extreme to deserve such a divorce. But outside the cycle of christianity and bible, if a concrete and substantial evidence is achieved the divorce been enforced legitimately and probably u r good christian. . .when you die, there's nothing stopping you from making heavens!

Scripturally speaken, the bible too don't really encourage divorce.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Osama10(m): 1:25am On Mar 17, 2011
@ OP, What are you going to heaven to do in the first place?
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Brite02(m): 2:28am On Mar 17, 2011
Osama10:

Hilarious cheesy
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by obowunmi(m): 4:08am On Mar 17, 2011
No such thing as heaven
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2011
obowunmi:

No such thing as heaven
lipsrsealed
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by lovejo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
If you divorce her base on her unfaithfulness, and you did not marry except she is dead. That is the rule.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by obowunmi(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2011
Osama10:

smoke igbo and sleep with all the virgin girls.

blink182:

lipsrsealed

werrin ?
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by 1honeybee: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2011
lovejo:

If you divorce her base on her unfaithfulness, and you did not marry except she is dead. That is the rule.

^^^^^^^ dats the answer to ur question.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by mamagee3(f): 2:41am On Mar 22, 2011
llade:

Can one divorce his wife and still go to heaven cos with the rampant cases of divorce these days, one is tempted to ask if divorced couples are automatic hell fire candidates.
Ehm. . .

Who are you/we to judge who the automatic hell fire candidates are?

We don't have the right to judge one another, let God be their judge. wink
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by jamace(m): 4:29am On Mar 22, 2011
Marriage is now a child's play.

Latest Joke on marriage:
Display fake smiles on saturday in the name of wedding. Another fake smile on sunday in the name of thanksgiving. Quarrel on monday. Fight on tuesday. Report case to mama/papa/friends on Wednesday. Talking term strike on thursday. Separate/divorce on friday and that is the end of the marriage. grin grin grin
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2011
undecided
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by skydeexie(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2011
Are you married? Do you want to divorce you own wife? Well, think twice if you're planning to.
You should also ask yourself, what of wives that abandon their own husbands?

Malachi 2:13-16

13 Here is another thing you do. You cover the Lord’s altar with tears, weeping and groaning because he pays no attention to your offerings and doesn’t accept them with pleasure. 14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2011
skydeexie:

Are you married? Do you want to divorce you own wife? Well, think twice if you're planning to.
You should also ask yourself, what of wives that abandon their own husbands?

Malachi 2:13-16

13 Here is another thing you do. You cover the Lord’s altar with tears, weeping and groaning because he pays no attention to your offerings and doesn’t accept them with pleasure. 14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

You did not answer his question. He did not ask if it makes God angry, he asked if you can go to heaven after a divorce.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Blazay(m): 11:30am On Mar 24, 2011
Irony of life.
Ogboni-Okija-Sharia Christians wey dey divorce. cheesy
ALL of them were cheating going into marriage with fake vows.
Why take vows you did not plan to keep?

Hypocrites!
Thanks to my God I am not a Christian.

one is tempted to ask if divorced couples are automatic hell fire candidates.

That na sure-banker na!
Show me a Christian and I will show you 'Satan' on two legs! grin

They only peeps Jisos will come and 'rapture' in his second crucifixion are fresh armed-robbers who would die by his side.
Forget the rest. Hell faya expresssssssssss!!! cheesy
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^
[size=40pt]LOL[/size]
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by IfeLuvely: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
I so do not understand why people don't take marriage seriously anymore nowadays, Oga oo, personally I do not believe in divorce, I will rather die in my husbad's house than divorce, Call me naive, i dont care tongue
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^
So sorry for you, pray you do not get married to a wife beater. The story will be gruesome
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by obowunmi(m): 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ true dat. I guess she will hang there until death do them part.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by IfeLuvely: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^Amen ooo, but even so he beats me, i beat my own back (the little i can do sha), i will even organise people to batter him outside the house anytime, anywhere,
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by obowunmi(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ i reject that for you.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by MaiSuya(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
The Bible is aginst divorse, however, I dont think its a sin, one that will take you to hell.

What I know is do is wrong is for the divorcee to re-marry another person which will be tantamount to adultery.
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by eddy1977(m): 6:31am On Mar 25, 2011
Heaven is between the legs of ladies.thats why when you fvck you get an orgasm
Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2011
^^^
What?

(1) (Reply)

House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? / My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea / Strongest Word Of Advice Your Dad Gave To You As a Teenager.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.