Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Special Spouse Visa Enquiry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Special Spouse Visa Enquiry (1148 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Spouse Visa / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Spouse Visa Enquiry by gob10: 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
hi I am hoping one of you distinguished readers could give me some advise on either one on all aspects of my case.

Firstly, I am intending to apply for ILR based on a spouse visa. My spouse visa is ending in 7 months so I thought it prudent to start preparing now.

Issue is at the moment my hubby does not live in the country anymore, this was after about a year after I came to the U.K. where we were living together. He does visit me about once every 3 months though I haven’t returned the visit.

my problem with this living apart is that although I can get proof that we are both living in the same house as his letters (bank statements, mortgage statements etc) still come to that address, there is a lack of payslips as his business abroad does not enable him to generate payslips and secondly will shed light on the fact that we are currently not living together.

I am studying a higher degree (phd) for which I am given a grant which is more like a monthly salary. Do I let them know I am on a grant and teaching (invoices to prove) or should I look for a job nearer to the time, say 3 or 4 months before application just to get an employer’s letter and payslips to present to show maintenance?

Last issue is my job for which I am given a grant and studying at the same time is in a different address from where I am living as I had to move closer. However all major letters still go to the house my husband owns (although there are tenants living there). Should I move all correspondence here to where I am now living or just leave the letters to go to my husband’s property as I still have access to the place?

I know my case is quite complicated but we have been running this through our minds and it’s all as confusing as to the best way forward.

what are my chances of ensuring that I will be given an indefinite….will the fact that I am studying for a higher degree help showing that I have links to this country although my husband and I see each other once every 3 months or so. What will help us?

Many thanks
Re: Special Spouse Visa Enquiry by demi2008(f): 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hummm I'll advise u talk to a gd solicitor for proper advise with regards to d grant. If u can prove u and ur husband reside in d same house gd but rem u would be going with ur husbands passport r his travels stamped on it? personally I would have gotten a job to show I'm employed and not complicate issues with my Phd grants
Re: Special Spouse Visa Enquiry by anfanio: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2011
1. Consolidate all addresses to where you live.
2. Your husband is away for employment reasons, as agreed to by parties involved and does not want to be ward of the state.
3. Your studies/grant should have a positive effect on your application, because at the end of the day you have great economic potentials, again not trying to be dependent on the society.
4. “The house my husband owns” would be nice if “we” own it, however it’s being rented to reduce financial burden and avoid ………, See a pattern here! OK
5. Your husband is a citizen and as long as he does not renounce his citizenship and you guys remain married your chances are 10 out of 10, hoping that taxes and whatever need to taken care off has been.
Good luck! Doctor.
Re: Special Spouse Visa Enquiry by gob10: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2011
guys you have been such great help, it is very refreshing to know there are people out there who care a lot about your situation. i will consolidate the addresses to where i live, also i really did think that my studies will show high economic potential so that would help me too, so i am seriously contemplating using that, it would be easy to get my professor to sign a letter confirming i teach and study there. maybe too i myt get a part time job just for the payslips.

i will be reviewing my situation during April as my research is not allowing me to now and i will definitely keep you all informed.

thanks again for your help and God keep you safe and at peace.
Re: Special Spouse Visa Enquiry by sparkle(f): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2011
You need to show proof that you have been living together with your spouse for 2 years. Make sure you have docs dating at least as far back as 2 years showing this. It is more helpful if some of the docs are in both of your names (joint).

Also have you done Life in UK Test? If not, you need to do well before the time as the certificate is one of the crucial docs when submitting your application.

Your husband's passport will be needed if you are applying on spouse basis. It will benefit you to go for the same day ILR service when applying so his passport his not held for too long.

You can google Immigration Board Forum and check out the indefinite leave to remain section. You will find a lot of answers to your questions there.

Best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Shouting Can Get You Killed Abroad / My Recent Trip To Nigeria By An Internet Blogger: Stated Facts True/false / @ Justwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.