Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Egg Rolls - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egg Rolls (2409 Views)

Today Is International World Egg Day! / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egg Rolls by Winnergal(f): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
I need the recipe for egg rolls.
I would appreciate it

Thanks

winnergal
Re: Egg Rolls by lapaz: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2007
Flour
Sugar (to taste)
Salt (a pinch)
Baking powder
water
Butter
Eggs (boiled)
Vegetable oil

Tools
flat surface or board
rolling pin
knife
deep frying pan
perforated spoon

Method

remove shell from your boiled eggs,
sift flour and baking power together,
add sugar and salt with the flour mixture,
add butter to the flour mixture and knead together till it becomes like bread crumps,
add water and mold into dough,
split dough into sections and move to the clean flat surface,
using the rolling pin, roll out the dough to any thickness (depending on how thick u want your egg rolls),
put your egg at the center of the rolled out dough
wrap the dough round the egg (still on the flat surface)
pack excess tip of dough together and cut off with a knife
Roll the (art work) in a clock-wise manner on the flat surface to give the round shape and to repeat the process above if you have more than one egg
heat your vegetable oil
put in the egg roll for frying (deep frying required)
reduce the heat to give room for even frying
fry till golden brown or desired colour

And your egg roll is ready!

Hope you'll be able to put this into practice, it makes perfect when you keep trying.

NB
The frying process requires deep frying
Re: Egg Rolls by Zandra1(f): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2007
@ poster, pls dont mind me but I hate egg rolls so I cant contribute. Just had to get that out of my system grin.

(1) (Reply)

Kenwood Cake Mixer For Sale! / Super Pack Indomie Noodles Now Sells For 70naira / i have 50 bags of 50kg clean local rice for sale 21k each so rush in now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.