Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola (871 Views)

Greatest Propaganda Ever Told: Igbo Alleged To Be BH Arms Suppliers / : What I Told Igbo Leaders – Oba Of Lagos / Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
It will be recalled that in the wake of Fashola’s administration when the state government was demolishing illegal structures on major streets, it was rumoured that the governor confided in some of his aides that those not pleased with the idea could approach the lo-cal government in which they reside and collect N3, 000 transportation fare from the council chairman and leave Lagos State. Fashola, who spoke at the weekend while fielding questions from the audience and co-debaters during the debate organised by the Diocese of Lagos West/ Badagry/Lagos Mainland church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion,), denied that he gave such directive. He said: "I never asked Igbo or any tribe to leave Lagos; it has been a fabrication.

I never knew how people got the story that I asked non-indigenes to leave the state because of my style of administration." The governor stressed that governance in Lagos has transcended ethnicity to ideas and transforming such ideas to reality. He, however, said that Alpha Beta, a tax consulting firm allegedly owned by his predecessor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, would continue to be patronised by the state government. But governorship candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP,) Dr. Ade Dosunmu; All Progress Grand Alliance (APGA), Dr. Michael Dominic; National Transformation Party (NTP), Abayomi Asuni; All Nigerians Peoples Party (ANPP), Yomi Tokoya; and National Conscience Party (NCP), Ayodele Akele, kicked against what they called multiple taxation policy of Fashola’s administration.

They jointly condemned the 15 per cent cut from the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) by Alpha Beta. They described the 15 per cent cut as gross abuse of office. Responding, Fashola explained that Alpha Beta never collected taxes for the state, but the government only examined and approved the proposal submitted by the firm to ensure that sharp practices were discouraged. He said: "Before I came on board, there were a lot of loopholes through which people, who are supposed to be collecting revenues for the state siphoned money; they were not remitting money into the state coffers but when Alpha Beta came on board, it helped moved our Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) from N600 million to over N14 billion. "The outfit set up to collect taxes is the Inland Revenue Services (LIRS,) Alpha Beta only help us to verify all documents issued by the LIRS; it helped us to issue electronic tax clearance. If it helped us to generate this huge money, I just felt it is fair to appreciate the firm with the controversial 15 per cent."

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/7685.html
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2011
Some of the igbos on NL can relax!  grin grin wink cool
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by AljUche: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry

waht do you mean we can relax,.,.,. we are not stressed before wink
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by mamagee3(f): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
jason123:

The igbos on NL can relax! grin grin wink cool
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
mama-gee:

My dear, it was meant for the people who huff and puff that they own Lagos not people like you. I was not referring to all igbos.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by ikeyman00(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
jason
The igbos on NL can relax!    

as days goes by u just getting closer to a silly muppet

any suprise?

just bug off and try something else like playing ur balls angry
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by chosen04(f): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Am tired of that agbero and area boys ''grower'' called fash

The dude learnt how to grow agberos and area boys very fast from his godfather- Tinubu.

The nxt 4 years of fash will see the highest growth rate of area boys anywhere.

Does he need them to rig the coming election?. . . . . . . . . . .(somethings i wonder what will happen when its time to harvest his produce!)
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
ikeyman00:

jason

any suprise?

just bug off and try something else like playing your balls angry

Bros, it was not meant for peeps like you  angry . The people its meant for know themselves.  angry angry
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
ikeyman00:

jason

any suprise?

just bug off and try something else like playing your balls angry

For example , . . .

chosen04:

Am tired of that agbero and area boys ''grower'' called fash

The dude learnt how to grow agberos and area boys very fast from his godfather- Tinubu.

The nxt 4 years of fash will see the highest growth rate of area boys anywhere.

Does he need them to rig the coming election?. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by chosen04(f): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
jason123:

For example , . . .

Example of what?
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by RichyBlacK(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
jason123:

"The outfit set up to collect taxes is the Inland Revenue Services (LIRS,) Alpha Beta only help us to verify all documents issued by the LIRS; it helped us to issue electronic tax clearance. If it helped us to generate this huge money, I just felt it is fair to appreciate the firm with the controversial 15 per cent."

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/7685.html

15% of the revenue collected going to a document-verification firm? 15%? And I thought Fashola belonged to the sane crowd of politicians. This is making me rethink.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by gernded(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
this jason guy must be a tout
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by pluto04(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
Before I came on board, there were a lot of loopholes through which people, who are supposed to be collecting revenues for the state siphoned money; they were not remitting money into the state coffers but when Alpha Beta came on board, it helped moved our Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) from N600 million to over N14 billion. "The outfit set up to collect taxes is the Inland Revenue Services (LIRS,) Alpha Beta only help us to verify all documents issued by the LIRS; it helped us to issue electronic tax clearance. If it helped us to generate this huge money, I just felt it is fair to appreciate the firm with the controversial 15 per cent."

N2.1 billion per month for a firm of less than 20 staff just for document verification?  shocked This is ridiculous!!
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by mbatuku1: 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2011
Certainly the most stupid post of the day. Also coming from a stupid poster
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
gernded:

this jason guy must be a tout

Your father is a tout!!

mbatuku1:

Certainly the most silly post of the day. Also coming from a silly poster
@ both of you

Una dey craze? angry

I was even trying to shut some bigoted yorubas up for you guys through sarcasm but it seems you guys are too ethnically bigoted to see this things. EWUS!!! angry cool
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2011
Jason, just come out of the closet and be counted amongst your fellow tribalist suck as bk/biatch, yellowtooth and ileke-nyash.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by felele(m): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
pluto04:

N2.1 billion per annum for a firm of less than 20 staff just for document verification? shocked This is ridiculous!!

Make that N25.2 billion per annum sir. It's N2.1 billion per month. You may now close your mouth. This is what some of us have been shouting about the Asiwaju Criminal Network for years. Fashola is just an administrator. The real governor of Lagos State resides at Bourdillon road, Ikoyi, and his name is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the owner of Alpha Beta, Lekki Concession Company, BT Diagnostic Centre, Lasuth, Ikeja, Most of Ibeju-Lekki land, substantial parts of Eti-Osa, and holds first refusal on EVERY property in the Lekki axis, by virtue of the Lekki-Epe expressway concession agreement signed by him for his company LCC in 2006.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by EkoIle1: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
jason123:

Some of the igbos on NL can relax!  grin grin wink cool

And not go comit suicide o.

Since den don lose their backward villages to social maladies like killings, kidnappings, erosion and general regresion back to the stone age, na only Lagos remain to leech on like parasites,

It sucks to be ibo for real,
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
It sucks even more to be delusional.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by EkoIle1: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
afam4eva:

It sucks even more to be delusional ibo .

-fixed-
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by seanet02: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2011
If they like make them pack their load go back their gully erosion site.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by MaiSuya(m): 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
LMAO @ comments here. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by fstranger3(m): 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
If Igbos want to leave Lagos, they are welcome to do so.

Lagos was better off before they got there.

let them leave and go take care of their home state. lagos na we own cool
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by T9ksy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

It sucks to be ibo for real,

grin grin grin

seanet02:

If they like make them pack their load go back their gully erosion site.

Go where? would you, if you were in their shoes?
You think they are in Lagos because of their love for the yorubas?
Hell no. They are nigerians (4 now) and can live wherever they want.
For now, yorubaland is a better option to their "Land of the rising sun"
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hmm.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Jason, just come out of the closet and be counted amongst your fellow tribalist suck as bk/biatch, yellowtooth and ileke-nyash.
you are a mumu. Is the government not on your side? It shows that the opinions of yorubas in this forum does not really matter. But do not take the piss with it. BTW, I am not a tribalist.
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by arsenal1(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
Exit thread mcheew
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by onyengbu: 12:52am On Mar 17, 2011
I cant believe im reading this, did fashola actually do this?
I mean giving 15% to tinunbu for doing almost nothing?!
I have never really read any of the articles on fashola's alleged mismanagement (because i dont want to believe hes corrupt to) but now this poster has given me something to think about.
This is serious!
Re: I Never Told Igbo To Leave Lagos, Says Fashola by jason123: 1:01am On Mar 17, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

I cant believe im reading this, did fashola actually do this?
I mean giving 15% to tinunbu for doing almost nothing?!
I have never really read any of the articles on fashola's alleged mismanagement (because i dont want to believe hes corrupt to) but now this poster has given me something to think about.
This is serious!

Simple answer, GODFATHERISM!

(1) (Reply)

Prof Jega And Inec Tipped To Rig In Favor Of A Northernern President / Jonathan Pdp Plans To Rigs This Election / Al-mustapha’s Video Fails To Indict Ige, Adesanya,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.