Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare (4768 Views)

Hilda Dokubo Meets With Asari Dokubo In Buguma - Photos / Veteran Actress Hilda Dokubo Lovely In New Photos / Actress Hilda Dokubo Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by nawaforweo: 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
PORT HARCOURT - A bomb threat called in to a Nigerian actress's mobile phone on Wednesday prompted panic on a flight before takeoff, but no explosives were found after the plane was evacuated.

The emergency evacuation in the oil city of Port Harcourt was ordered after the actress received a call warning her that explosives had been planted on the aircraft carrying 98 passengers and would go off mid-air.

Hilda Dokubo, the actress, told AFP she was phoned by an unknown caller who "asked me and other passengers to immediately disembark because the aircraft was infused with explosive devices that would explode when we're airborne."

"So I immediately raised an alarm," said the actress who has featured in movies including "Dangerous Affair" and "Passionate Evil" produced by Nigeria's film industry, known as Nollywood.

"I shouted that people should go out, that this aircraft has a bomb. So people started shouting 'blood of Jesus! blood of Jesus!'."

Victor Arisa, a spokesman for Nigeria's airports authority, said police combed the aircraft, which was to fly to Lagos, and found nothing.

Police spokeswoman Rita Inoma-Abbey confirmed the incident, saying the plane was screened and no explosives were found.

The aircraft belonging to Arik Air, Nigeria's largest privately owned airline, was grounded and passengers were flown out on an alternative one.

The run up to next month's elections has raised tensions following bomb attacks at political meetings.

Militant group MEND in the oil-rich Niger Delta, whose largest city is Port Harcourt, this week warned of renewed attacks on oil facilities and political rallies.

A blast rocked a facility run by energy firm Agip in the Delta on Tuesday night, a security source said.

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/6796-Bomb-threat-Hilda-Dokubos-phone-prompts-flight-scare.html
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2011
Hmmn undecided
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by supoade: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
Na real Hmmmmmmmm. Who sent the text msg to her,?
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by blueskye: 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
Where are we heading to in this country? MEND and all sort everyday, The woman need thorough questioning cos i strongly believe the culprit knew her too well and never wanted to her dead. May God come to our aide.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
Na woa
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by doncampos: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
Hilda did the right thing. This is a no brainer, who ever sent d text knows whats up. Feds need to find the text sender.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by Guardian(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
SHe don get her popularity back Jare !! Make una sit down look.

Soon she would be sought after by fliers to now where next A BOMB would blow off smiley)
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by clemcykul(f): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
lol@guardian
is that the only way you see it?
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by DeepSoul(f): 4:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
But I read in the papers that after the passengers were evacuated, the plane was thoroughly searched by bomb squad units and nothing was found.

I personally think the scare was false. The reason why any1 would want to spread such an evil rumour beats my imagination.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by eros(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
Na wah oooooo sad sad sad sad sad

Na different things dey happen for naija nowadays.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by mamagee3(f): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
supoade:

Na real Hmmmmmmmm. Who sent the text msg to her,?
Who are you asking?
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by Tcrack(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
na wah o. the fear of mend is the begining of wisdom. GEJ 2011 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2011
Where is @BEAF let me confirm that MEND was not involved in this Bomb-threat affair. I know GEJ would be quick to absolve them of any involvement grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by nawaforweo: 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2011
But why would they want to arrest her
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by Natasha2(f): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by WebSurfer(m): 7:58am On Mar 21, 2011
so what was she supposed to do ehh, stay quite abi?
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by tjskii(f): 8:04am On Mar 21, 2011
Guardian:

SHe don get her popularity back Jare !! Make una sit down look.

Soon she would be sought after by fliers to now where next A BOMB would blow off smiley)

cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by montili(f): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2011
[table][table][i]The emergency evacuation in the oil city of Port Harcourt was ordered after the actress received a call warning her that explosives had been planted on the aircraft carrying 98 passengers and would go off mid-air.

Hilda Dokubo, the actress, told AFP she was phoned by an [b]unknown caller [/b]who "asked me and other passengers to immediately disembark because the aircraft was infused with explosive devices that would explode when we're airborne."
[/i][/table][/table]

Whats with the text message issue. Anyway, thank God it was a false alarm.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by Akuviv: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2011
I hope this is not meant to creat a 'false wolf cry' and make everyone not take the next alarm seriously, when in actual sense, it is for real. God help us.
Re: Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Nabbed Over Bomb Scare by okwabayi(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Lol. Bad belle people straight from the village used her to display on the day. I thank God nothing seriously bad happened from the day. It turned out a small misunderstanding which only delayed God knows how many people.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Jim Iyke Feeling Like In This New Photo? / [photo] Trend Alert! Rihanna Steps Out In Severly Oiled, Dirty Jeans / Jayz And Beyonce Attend Birthday Party In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.