Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians (23098 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by 9jayes: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2020
OP can lie, my gf works inside this company
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Zetty177x: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2020
Couldn't read all. So no comments

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by 4four(m): 7:16am On Nov 13, 2020
E
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by AWhy101(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2020
sammysneh:
Nigeria is fast becoming a failed state, They can worship foreigners but treat their own citizens as trash
It is a failed state wink
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by bencr7: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2020
Na thiz type of topic u no go see all diz yeye politician supporters in nairaland but when it come anything tribalism and protest for d gud of d country they will rush to d tread like Usain bolt

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by 2cribz: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2020
I will deal with all asian clients now
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by BruncleZuma: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Not surprised at all, our local content laws has been a joke since their inception.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by fashrola(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2020
faithfull18:
They also get paid huge salaries than they would pay if Nigerians were the ones doing the job.

I keep wondering what's really wrong with Nigerian companies

They prefer to pay white people huge some of salary and allowances but pay peanuts to Nigerian counterparts with same certificate and experience (Even more experience)

Abi na jazz or ignorance.... I just don't understand at all
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by MrDam(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2020
The whole thing need restructuring in Nigeria and only God can help us our leader are not taking responsibilities in their hand.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by JERRY1925(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Nigeria and cry cry.
If there is a country taking other people jobs.. Na Nigerians.
We full Every corner of the world.
Small job wey other country they take we they complain.

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2020
it's slot. you pay and get employed
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by 6digitscomrade: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2020
peachesandroses:
When will Nigeria value her own citizens? Citizens who are actually qualified! When Nigerians go outside they shine above their contemporaries, yet they're not valued in their own nation. cry
even at our high commissions the jobs for Nigerians are toilet and printing jobs.. the rest polish , Ukrainians and Indians..
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2020
fashrola:

They prefer to pay white people huge some of salary and allowances but pay peanuts to Nigerian counterparts with same certificate and experience (Even more experience)

lack of exposure and worshipping of the white skin
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by faithfull18(f): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2020
fashrola:

It's the white complex. To see white people or foreign people as demi-gods who can do no wrong.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Xscape1993(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2020
I am not surprise. Thank you PoliticsNigeria.com
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by sammysneh(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2020
AWhy101:
It is a failed state wink
Na to japa sure pass
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Meteng: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:
As a business man / woman, you are supposed to employ the best hands for your business. If there were no capable Nigerian hands, won't you seek alternative hands abroad?
I doubt if you even read what's up there
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by OruExpress: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2020
HopeUzodinma:
NIGERIA is long gone. Almost every reasonable person is out already. Na poverty dey keep the rest there.

this is someone that's calling himself hopeuzodinma
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by PlayerMeji: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2020
It will end when we revolt massively..
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by HopeUzodinma: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2020
OruExpress:

this is someone that's calling himself hopeuzodinma

There is no hope here. Run away, uzodinma.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by wwwtortoise(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:
As a business man / woman, you are supposed to employ the best hands for your business. If there were no capable Nigerian hands, won't you seek alternative hands abroad?

I feel ashamed on your behalf.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by dvkot(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2020
I dont see any big deal here cos if Nigerians complain about a foreigner taking jobs, than what are south Africans, Canadians and UK going to say about we taking any jobs in their land

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by wwwtortoise(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2020
Osnami:

Which sane person perceives her government as business oriented.

Competent indigenous personnel abound to man any vessel from bridge - engine - deck - down to cadet.

We have numerous higher institutions of learning that take marine engineering courses not to talk of purely maritime universities.

Now let me ask you.
Why admit, train and engage people on a course over 5-6 years (theoritically and practically) with the accompanying exorbitant cost for certifications, when you easily deny them the opportunity to work/earn in the long-run.

I await your answer.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by fashrola(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2020
faithfull18:

It's the white complex. To see white people or foreign people as demi-gods who can do no wrong.

I swear for our maritime industry is so messed up!!!

Imagine a Captain (Nigerian) with DP certificate is paid 1.8-2.5 Million per month

Then his back to back is paid equivalent of 4.5 - 5 million Naira per month

Even when the Nigerian Captain has more experience and good ship manouverring experience

I'm just pissed off that I'm paid peanuts but foreigners are paid 3X more... It's saddening
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by dvkot(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2020
wwwtortoise:

Competent indigenous personnel abound to man any vessel from bridge - engine - deck - down to cadet.

We have numerous higher institutions of learning that take marine engineering courses not to talk of purely maritime universities.

Now let me ask you.
Why admit, train and engage people on a course over 5-6 years (theoritically and practically) with the accompanying exorbitant cost for certifications, when you easily deny them the opportunity to work/earn in the long-run.

I await your answer.
you don't know anything
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: And some brain dead people, who call themselves BMC keep saying we the citizens are not patriotic.......
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by fashrola(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2020
frankmoney:
Why is there no law about this ?

There's a law... Cabotage act, but NIMASA are just making noise about implementation but they never take it serious because companies do bribe them for waivers

When they come onboard for inspection, they will give them provisions and cash to close their mouth

While their fellow Nigerians are suffering without jobs
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by RexTramadol1: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2020
Lol

Nigerians also snatch people in other countries’ jobs

Na play I Dey play o

1 Like

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by fashrola(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2020
dvkot:
you don't know anything

Ok Mr. know-it-all tell us more.......
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by zedman1(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2020
Just like the South Africans and Trump complaining that Nigerians were taking their jobs and we were crying fowl then, we too should not complain now. The world as it stands is filled with merry go round events.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / One Month's Notice Or One Month's Salary? / Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers Get Payment Alerts, Laud Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.