Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,903 members, 7,952,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School (18588 Views)

What Offences Frequently Got You Flogged In Secondary School?? / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / School Register: Decades Back In Secondary School, Can You Relate?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by roseboma(f): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Command Secondary School Abakaliki, the flogging no dey here.
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by hidhrhis(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
OMNIVIRUS:

Based on your story, na CDSS Ikeja, you go. More grace boss
boss na cdssi odogbo barracks for ibadan
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
There are 2 floggings in secondary school that I'll never forget. They both happened in my SS1.

1. I was in SS1 science class. Normally in my school on Fridays we closed classes at 1pm. The reason was because of extra-curricular activities. So, from 1:30pm to 3pm, we had to go to our different extra-curricular groups. Naso in my class, nobody went for club meeting. We all stayed there copying notes and doing assignments, instead of us to be at our different clubs. My class was upstairs and in the corner so we didn't think any teacher would catch us. My class also had 2 doors. We even corporated that we all shouldn't make noise so that we don't attract any attention and we can all finish our notes and assignment.
Naso one teacher, Mr Talabi who was going round to make sure that students were in their clubs passed our class. Immediately we saw him through the window, he came in through the first door and he started flogging randomly. He didn't care where the cane landed even if it was your head grin. All of us wanted to run out at the same time through the second door. I pitied the people that were at the back because he kept flogging them, we started flying the staircase to go downstairs too grin. Anybody who didn't have stamina was on their own. Luckily for me, I was not flogged but it was a very funny day grin. One of the girls he flogged the most recently had her first child. How time flies.

2. One this particular day, it was maths period. One period was for 40 minutes and math had 2 periods. We sat down for like 5 minutes waiting for the math teacher, Mr Micheal, he didn't show up. The class captain also didn't go and call him in his staff room. We begin do wetin we like for the period. Naso about 20 minutes to the end of the second period, the man came inside the class. We thought he came to teach, but we didn't know he came to flog us grin.

He said that why didn't nobody come to call him. Naso all of us come they give one excuse after another. Then he told us to kneel down, naso we start to beg Mr Micheal oo, but him no hear. We begged him, we told him we will fix another period to compensate for the one we lost, what didn't we say for this man not to flog us. We knew that if he flogged the first person, then he will have to flog all of us so we didn't even want him to flog anybody at all. Naso, he started flogging us one by one with so much anger. The first person he flogged Peju, her hand tore grin.
That day was a sad day in my class oo.
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
As the quiet boy I naturally am, I don't get flog a lot except its a general class flogging. But for jss1-3,these two men-Mr Alao and dehinbo nearly tear our yansh for army cantonment Ikeja. Mr dehinbo go say "shoot out your yansh, kpai kapi". Enter ss1-3,we got Mr abolarin, Mr abdusalaam, Mr olutoto, Mr lawal, Mr...... I Don eve. Forget their names. This was army children senior high Ikeja. They use my eyes see pepper. That idiot, Mr abolarin get mind tear my trouser say e too tight. I no blame an sha. I tire for school na I'm I carry my load comot for ss3 first term go write waec outside. I can't come and kill myself na. I leave Esther, beatrice and balikis, those girls when just carry my matter for head.

I hate secondary school in nigeria.

Nawa oo. So you be boy and you profile is showing female
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Imustreturn(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
brosom:
My own was that the reason why I always got whipped back then at school was my inability to read and write, even to spell my name was war for me. I would say I was Ode until my SS1 when I cried and prayed to God, that same night I saw an old man in plain white teaching me chemistry in my dream. After which the rest was history as my result now changed from 50 out of 50 to 3rd out of 50. was like a magic to everyone that knew me then even my parents was like WOW!

That was when I knew that until u call God with ur whole heart in truth and in spirit he'll answer u

GOD IS REAL....
God is real

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Edojoma(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Johnson225:
Chaii. I remember back then in Js2. When I use mistake touch amaka for her backside and the mumu gal come go report. Hey God! See the way Aunty kemi flog me anyhow that day like say i thief her palliative grin
Amaka, anywhere you dey na God go judge you grin

grin grin
600yrs for amaka
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by badman007(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Odunolumide:

The same Englishmen brought flogging to Nigeria. I can prove that flogging wasn't introduced to Nigeria's education but rather flogging was an essential part of it. The culture of flogging is deep rooted to the very beginning of formal education in Africa and it will take more than the usual "'England people' don't beat their children" sentiment to abort the flogging culture.

Anyways I think of myself as being receptive enough to champion the "no flogging" campaign if parents are willing to take responsibilities.
You can't just drop a bad cultured irresponsible ward in school and expect teachers to perform magic.
Parents need to do more.

Poverty in Nigeria has made so many Unreasonable things seem normal in Nigeria..

Never happen to my child
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by kaniska: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thank you for every other wonderful post. Where else may just anyone get that kind
in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such info.
follow.com wink
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by OBhdae: 12:48am On Nov 14, 2020
7victor:
My last caning was during NYSC when we were in the NYSC camp in karaye local government area of Kano.

That day,we refused to go for parade.

So the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) came to the hostel and flogged us. He gave us 3 strokes each.

Also in the NYSC camp, during man-o-war, one female trainer asked us to kneel down for an offence which I have forgotten. But it had to do with coming to the training with something.

In fact those that lied that they were not aware of her earlier instructions were released by her.

Something told me to lie, but I refused.

I told her that I heard her instructions but was too busy to remember and carry them out. That I just remembered the instructions when I saw her.

She left me kneeling down for a long time.

I told myself that it was better to say the truth and be punished than to lie and be safe like others.

I still believe that I will get a reward for telling her the truth.

Another punishment during my NYSC camp was rolling on the floor.

I can remember twice when all of us corpers were asked to roll on the ground.

I remember one lady. As she rolled, she was seriously crying. But I didn't cry.

In the camp, soldiers and men-o-war called us Otondo.

That was the name they called us.

Omo u mess up.. Corper when nor know una sef.. Even common Manowar dey run una dirty
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Trueyarn(m): 2:11am On Nov 14, 2020
I was slapped twice by My senior girls prefect while I was in ss1 for hitting her with my shoulders while walking past her. I was full of shame coz there was nothing I could do, the boys in her set were too notorious and if I had done anything, I would have either been expelled or received the beating of my life from her male colleagues.

4 years Later we jam for Poly, She had not started School immediately after WAEC so we were both on the same level and used to attend those LGA meetings together. By then I don mature, I don even change self she no recognize me sef. There was nothing I did'nt do to get her, finally she agreed o...My Brothers and Sisters, there and then I knew I was serving a living God. After ravishing and Customizing the kpekus, I started acting up. The trauma made her loose focus as I was a secretary general in My States students association, I was popular and smooth, she had devoted enough time to make that relationship work...I never hit her for once tho, but the whole thing caused her some carry overs. Needless to say she was heartbroken. Cecilia wherever you are abeg forgive me o, nah my ego cause am, I was still a child at heart. I move. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Cutehector(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2020
Wyz007:

Ex-sailor, I see you... Which set?
2002 - 2008 set
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by donMIG(m): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2020
tarantino1:

Lol

My mum gave me >=24 strokes on a regular basis before i even turned 10 that teachers couldn't make me cry at all

Seriously?
I was really obedient guy growing up
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Timijo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
Hmm, I won't forget how my maths teacher flogged me on my back. He gave an assignment when I wasn't in school and the day I resumed back, he asked for it. I told him that I wasn't around when he gave the assignment. But all my explanations to escape the punishment fell on deaf ears.

I thank God today, I am also a maths teacher but I don't use negative discipline on my students.

Please check out my Pass Mathematics youtube channel and subscribe if you find the contents useful.
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEbcyjvrfyvXII7eIApTzkA/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfhczXVpjc
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by jrobbins: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2020
Jh0wsef:
e get one of our teacher for primary school that year, Mr Archibong. You see that 'bong' at the end, be like na the power wey you go use pronounce am e dey use flog us, he flog craze commot for our head, whether male, female, animal or spirit, he flogs anything. He can be writing on the board and just turn back and start flogging the whole class. I think he was born to flog actually. anytime we hear say him dey come, Usian Bolt dey learn for speed wey we dey carry.

But after all said and done, everything is past now smiley
Funniest thing is, he still teaches. but he's quite of age now. Saw him sometimes back. And I just had to greet him with a grin grin I wondered ehya, time flies.

everyone goes through a flogging learning phase anyway

Modified: this is the exact face he gives you when he wants to strike gringrin

Is this Mr Archibong in Kaduna?
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Encoreunltd(m): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
I hardly get flogged as a senior cos I resume class by 9a.m and leave by 11a.m before break. 9-11 boys that year.

But one unfortunate day, Mr. Ige our geography teacher come class before the teacher could leave and he was going to check our note for truants with no note.

If he had sat in front of the class to check our note, I for escape as omo boy wey sabi but the man was going from table to table to check. I signal my guy to pass me his note so I can deceive the man it's mine.

Na so e cast. Ige said "I have seen this note in this class today. Go outside. Class captain go to the next class and bring my cane".

He enquired from the class "if this is your note, speak up before my cane gets here." My guy look me. I give am go ahead. He stand up. Ige give am him note. Come meet me for front. Class captain show with 2 canes.

"n ya su si e leyin" Ige said in Yoruba. meaning "I go draw yam for your back" in English. He gave me four. I chested it. The 5th one was on my spine. Na so I shout, run comot for class.

Boys thought I was going to kpara for the guy. dem don dey bet am say I no dey write waec cos Ige talk am say he dey go meet principal make dem expel me.

I came back after 10 mins that looked like 24 hours with blood stains on the back of my uniform and was given one more stroke.

That was my last class before mock exams and I scored 99% in his exam. He came to class to ask who's .,..................... i was not in class. I was in school 2 preparing for WAEC.

I scored 99 because he lifted a year from past questions that I have solved before and I have done my corrections.

I was brilliant and was always answering his questions in class but I don't write notes cos of sweaty palms.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Wyz007(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
Cutehector:
2002 - 2008 set
Ok,that is my elder sister's set, 2010-16
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Cutehector(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
Wyz007:

Ok,that is my elder sister's set, 2010-16
nice one
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by kendological(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
The school head boy flogged me so much, I was crying out loudly, in Jss 2 Materchrisi Academy Ngodo Isuochi Abia State year 2002.
I have never forgiven him, I will surely fix him. Distance is the issue for now. Cosmos will get the wickedness he meted to me.
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Angelacruz: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
Wow!God is great
brosom:
My own was that the reason why I always got whipped back then at school was my inability to read and write, even to spell my name was war for me. I would say I was Ode until my SS1 when I cried and prayed to God, that same night I saw an old man in plain white teaching me chemistry in my dream. After which the rest was history as my result now changed from 50 out of 50 to 3rd out of 50. was like a magic to everyone that knew me then even my parents was like WOW!

That was when I knew that until u call God with ur whole heart in truth and in spirit he'll answer u

GOD IS REAL....
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Jh0wsef(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
jrobbins:

Is this Mr Archibong in Kaduna?
lol.. Not at all
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Dianna344: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
adebiz20:

Isn't that School of Science, Oyo?
exactly SOSO class of 20092011
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by inspectorg(m): 2:22am On Nov 17, 2020
Brandonx:
I wasn't flogged in my primary school because I was loved by my class teacher but I received few strokes in junior secondary, but when I got to senior I made friends with some rouges cheesy we would rather leave the class for you.
I was a bully and would skip classes.
But I turned out just fine grin grin grin
make i hearaam sey bully did fine.... well nobe beta bully shaaa, na partial.
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by inspectorg(m): 3:33am On Nov 17, 2020
Emioluwa:
Those are memories I won't forget in a hurry but I will share two
It happened I was in SS2 that year and one morning the VP academics just decided to do general checking and monitoring, so they are sending those guys that their short long beyond their knees and girls that wear gown that didn't reach the knees outside.
So in front of the whole school they are beating all of them girls are to receive 6 strokes of cane while guys are receiving 12. But there was this guy Michael whom we all know to be strong boy decided to turn the whole beating to comedy.
When it reach his turn to receive the 12 stroke, he was just dancing with it and singing along like 123... Before all the teachers could know what's happening the whole assembly started singing along with him by counting along with clap and this annoyed the man that was beating him to the extent he didn't stop at 12 but at 18 still yet bobo mike didn't flinch and this increase the ovation we gave him.
To cut the story short, the principal got involved and declared "festival of cane" instantly
More than half of day was used to beat all the students from JSS1 to SS3. The cry that day is like second ward war.
The whole festival ended at exactly noon and rest of the day was used to nurse our wound individually.

I was in JSS1 2nd term and there was this teacher 'Mr shofoluke' but nicknamed Shofo maybe because of his wickedness, he always beat us with slight opportunity sometimes he would say we didn't great him properly when he enter.
So this unforgetfull day he was beating us as usual for no particular reason so I just decided to teach him a lesson or so I think, I was thinking of what to do before it reach my turn and my eyes just caught up with his shining shoe.
So when it reach my turn to receive "shofo super" I just match his shoe with all my strength, of course it wasn't expected and it pain him from the way he shouted because for like 3 to 4 minutes he release me to nurse his wound but when was he was back for me.......I better not tell you what eyes seen what my ear heard and the thought that came to my mind.

LoL! !!! behold the "FESTIVAL OF CANE" .

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by inspectorg(m): 3:56am On Nov 17, 2020
Snakedoctor1:

We were flogged at random by teachers while we match to the tune of the school band during the morning assembly.
We were the kids whose clothes are torne for no fault of ours but because our parents could not buy us new ones.
For me, I outgrew my shirt which tore at the back because mom was having hard times fending for us after dad passed.
Some pupils had their buts laid bare at the cetres of both sides of the short in a very funny ways.
The thought of this still sends cold shivers down me at past 40.
It is an experience that haunted my childhood and almost marred my personality development.
To those teachers, I plead for Gods mercy on their heads.

I think creating a thread for "well ironed patched school shorts of does days", will inspire the younger generations to know that cleanliness and order is not limited to the rich but only by parental directions and personal desire.
Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Snakedoctor1: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
inspectorg:

I think creating a thread for "well ironed patched school shorts of does days", will inspire the younger generations to know that cleanliness and order is not limited to the rich but only by parental directions and personal desire.
What you are saying is out of the context of what I wrote. It was not about cleanliness, it was about torn clothes. It was the desire of my parent to provive me with new uniform but the means were not there.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Being Flogged in Secondary School by Dianna344: 11:43am On Feb 04, 2022
adebiz20:

Isn't that School of Science, Oyo?
na school of science ooo

Set 2010/2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

More Universities React To Viral "Fake Professor's List" / 2013 Delta State Scholarship And Bursary Scheme / Admission Into Ecotes University Cotonou, Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.