Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. (163 Views)

ATBU Circular On The Resumption Of Academic Activities After ASUU Strike. / Lautech Announces Resumption Of Academic Activities Despite Strike / ASUP Begins Strike, Academic Activities To Be Totally Grounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. by Macrofrancis(m): 1:26am On Nov 13, 2020
Growing up was fun, but not in the area of academics.
One of the things I was afraid of as a child was reading books and I was surrounded by bookworms (senior siblings) who always wanted me to become a bookworm too.

I recall been deprived of joining my siblings to watch movies on several occasions because I refused to read when it was time for it, rather I sneaked out to join the other kids from the neighborhood to play.
Telling me not to see movies was like depriving of air, I could do anything to get myself seated in front of a TV set. I could watch movies for a whole day without requesting any food but just after a minute with my book, my stomach must have organized a party for some hungry occupants that order exorbitantly, and my buttock would start shifting from one side of the chair to another like if it has been seating for centuries.
That was how uncomfortable I was with books.

My elder sister knew that about me and so she would always use that against me unless I read and summarize any given passage from her.
She had run after me a good number of times with a cane because I didn't get some assignments correctly and had also refused to get corrected.

Then as a child;
Go and bring your books means go and take your bath.
Go and bring your books means go and sleep.
Go and bring your books means don't go outside.
Go and bring your books means no TV for you today if you don't read.
With that statement "Go and brings your books" you could get me to do anything, I didn't want to do.

But I picked up academically, did you??

Share your experiences.
Re: As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. by sinaj(f): 2:10am On Nov 13, 2020
Academics was fun for me while growing up, was never scared of it and always looked forward to tests and exams.

But Ive been lazy lately, prolly because of dick old age lipsrsealed
Re: As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. by Macrofrancis(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2020
That is funny.
Re: As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. by iamyemiakins(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2020
sinaj:
Academics was fun for me while growing up, was never scared of it and always looked forward to tests and exams.

But Ive been lazy lately, prolly because of dick old age lipsrsealed

Re: As A Child, Were You Afraid Of Academic Activities; Share Your Experience. by iamyemiakins(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2020
Anyhow e come, I dey run am in my own way.

I only have anxiety for resumption sometimes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Universities Flaws / ASUU Agrees To Suspend 8-months-old Strike / As Seplat Takes STEAM Education A STEP Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.