Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Help Needed: Urgent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Needed: Urgent (965 Views)

Oau Ile-ife Contact Information Needed (urgent) / Uniben Aat Needed, Urgent / French Tutors Needed (urgent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed: Urgent by Ezinwannem: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2007
Hey my people,

How are you all doing? Hope fine. Was wondering if I can get an insight on this topic form anyone.
Thank you in advance

Many experts believe an influx of foreign-born workers will be an effective solution to a future labor shortage, when "baby boomers" reach the age of retirement. Either agree or disagree with this statement and explain your rationale
Re: Help Needed: Urgent by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2007
Agree.

- The very low birthrate and increased life expectancy is a double edged sword for industrialised nations. We have older people who retire at 60 living as long as 100 yrs. A good 40 yrs depending on government support. Now imagine 2 parents had just one child, at that rate 1 child would spend the next 40 yrs working just to pay her parents pension.
When that child is old where will money to support her come from?
Re: Help Needed: Urgent by Ezinwannem: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
I agree with with you very well, and knowing that in the western countries, they do not preach of children taking care of their old parents but take them to old people's home which needs up being the immigrants who will take care of them as they come 4rom a culture were it is imp. u do so. Also, when these people retire, da citizen of da country say Canada takes up diz high skill jobs in most cases because their prestige is in that country, so da low one are left for foreign borns 2 do who at first wouldnt mind asĀ  their own prestige lies in their own countries
Re: Help Needed: Urgent by mddude(m): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
The low birth rate of people in the advanced economy is causing a "greying" nations. The baby boomers are so called because there was an explosion of population after the sceond world war that has not been sustained since then. In some countries, even the populations have been shrinking - the only exception is the US and that is becaause of immigration and a health birth rate.
Re: Help Needed: Urgent by debosky(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2007
I don't think it will solve the problem, but it will assist to a great extent. Canada has much more of a problem than the US, the US population is still growing well, with many people still having lots of kids. However the Canadians will definitely need immigration to make up for the retirement of the baby boomers. Since tax money is used to sustain these older people's special service needs, the country will continue to accept immigrants for a long time to come.

On the aspect of Canadians taking more skilled jobs before non-canadians, you are partly right, but even that is a matter of time, for second generation immigrants, those differences will disappear very quickly, and for canadian educated ones, the difference will be even less. The issue is that even these so called low skill jobs usually pay more than these people would have earned if they were in their home countries, so in many instances it is simply a matter of dollars and cents first, and prestige second.
Re: Help Needed: Urgent by Ezinwannem: 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2007
Thank you everyone so far, I am 4 sure learning 4rom everyone's contribution, Yea, Canada is of disadvantage than the US for sure that's why am using Canada as an example per se

(1) (Reply)

3d/archi-cad Lecture In Lagos / Where Can I Write The S.a.t S In Lagos? / Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.