Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others (15167 Views)

Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR / Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation / AUDIO: Offa Bank Robbery Suspect Confesses To Be Working For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Flyboyk: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sakamaje , copy policy , scam in Lagos and they will give x governors big contracts
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Emyzoloye5(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
kwara state governor is full of hate
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by muykem: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
If you ask me this is just a populist agenda.
Paying an ex governor around 500 k monthly with a five bedroom house, a car every 8 years and taking care of his medical bills won't make a state go bankrupt.
While I disagree with the amount ex lagos governors earn, it's not wasteful to take care of our ex governors.
it's not also a waste to take care our former legislature's in federal, state and local governments, Chairmen and their deputies. All are elected officials like governor and their deputies.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by chipet67(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:
Leave Saraki alone. You're obsessed
Lunatic spotted

5 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by friday2011(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Copy copy governor...

Make una try cut cost of running the government too...
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
Igbo governors will never agree to this

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by ezebunafo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
Paying an ex governor around 500 k monthly with a five bedroom house, a car every 8 years and taking care of his medical bills won't make a state go bankrupt.
While I disagree with the amount ex lagos governors earn, it's not wasteful to take care of our ex governors.
coupled with the amount and properties they amassed or looted during their tenures,I bet you that only will keep them going till the end of their lives

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by adem30: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
He is only fulfilling his campaign promises

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Onepeople: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
your point would have made more sense if ex governor's made judicious use of resources during their Tenure, don't tell me about USA and how they are handling their past leaders, because the style of governance is not the same.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by tamdun: 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by onoms4luv(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Any how to save fund is allowed, but come to think of it, some of the Ex governor's are still in offices in Abuja, some as ministers, senators etc stoping their pension is welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by tamdun: 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
dalass:
grin

When he himself leaves office, no pension for him grin

The man is a billionaire

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
joey150:

Civil servants that work way longer, earn way less while on the job and even collect way lesser as pension compared to ex governors.

A nation that has recently been labelled the "poverty capital of the world" has no business, absolutely no business paying Ex-governors that served for a maximum of 8 years humongous pensions.

Giving them something modest as I listed above is not too much.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
modath:

Politics of bitterness & anger is why you typed what you did... Lagos just gives una headache... your opinion is predicated on making a mockery of this cos states like Delta refused to....A state with 5-6 ex govs, Dep, speakers on payroll after not serving for years... May God epp una minds..

In saner climes (that you lots keep referring to) political office holders go back to their jobs/ businesses when their terms are over... Bush, Clinton, Obama etc just enjoy Secret Service protection not the state still buying them groceries.....

You are the one who is bitter and trying to transfer your aggression, I only said they should be paid but moderately.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Jaapu: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:

Animal

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by tamdun: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

In as much as I like the bold step he took.

But I still believe he's fighting and witch hunting Saraki who is more better than him on every remification.

I'm not sure he has even done anything in that state, rather than shouting Saraki, as if Saraki is his political agenda.

Rada rada
Anti wunmi, how did u know the man hasn't done anything in kwara state

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by ceaser: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lagos state begun that nonsense and other states quickly followed suit when they saw the body language of Lagosians as not being against it (and it's not that they weren't really against it, but to the average 9ja politician, they are so insensitive that the voices of the people do not count).

Lagos should as well kick-start the cessation of the nonsense and illegality they helped institutionalise nationwide.

nzeobi:

Good. That's an very excellent idea.

Could you also help us think out the amount you think will be befitting for the taxpayer that dedicated 35 years of his existence for the growth of the state?
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by bakol: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:

You have succeeded in saying nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by tamdun: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
naija4life247:

Are you from Kwara State? I not, shut up before I send the gods of Ogun, Sango, Oya, Aiyelala and Esu Odara to strike you.
Those people don't know what Saraki family has done to kwara state

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
ezebunafo:
coupled with the amount and properties they amassed or looted during their tenures,I bet you that only will keep them going till the end of their lives
If anyone is guilty of looting then he should be tried and convicted. Making a law because of your fallacy is wrong.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
Onepeople:
your point would have made more sense if ex governor's made judicious use of resources during their Tenure, don't tell me about USA and how they are handling their past leaders, because the style of governance is not the same.
If they abused their office they should be prosecuted, its a different thing all together.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
bakol:

You have succeeded in saying nothing.
You can say your own.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by hassdee: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
Yeah AA now want to implement one of his campaign promises.I don't think there is need to pay any Gov and his dep any pension cos there is no way they didn't embezzle state money throughout their 8years in office.This is Naija that we know.Civil servant minimum wage they can't pay, pensioners money they can't pay
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by hassdee: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:
.It is you that's obsessed with wrong doing cos I did see where CPS or anyone mention Saraki.Is Saraki the only one collecting pension

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by ceaser: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by jneutron4000: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
[s][/s]
BusinessCity:
[s][/s]
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Openbusiness: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
May God bless Governor Sanwo Olu for showing others the right way and being a positive example. May God continue to have mercy on me.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Oj777(m): 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
When will Ikpeazu send a bill to stop TA ORJI AND CO from milking already dried Abia dry.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by BusinessCity: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
naija4life247:

Even Saraki expected it to have been revoked a long time ago. We have pulled down the illegal structure he put on illegally acquired government's land, now we will pull him down totally. Useless family of thieves

And yet Kwara hasn't become London?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

With Tanko Almakura As Chairman, APC Sure Of Retaining Power In 2023 - Shola / More Pictures And Videos From Atiku/Okowa Rally In Zamfara / Edu, Shehu Would Have Survived Under Buhari – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.