Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa (1593 Views)

Do You Import Cars Or Have A Car To Sell? Talk To Us And Get Buyers Fast!! / How To Import Cars From Foreign Countries To Nigeria / Hi,do You Import Cars Or Have A Car To Sell? Then Lets Help You Sell Then Fast! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by ndbest(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
I humbly request for your assistance.

i wish to retire soon from my job and my plan is to start a car importation business from USA. i do not have any idea.
Can any one help. Thanks
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
Get a longterm visa first ,that the 1st step
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
If you are not able to get a visa.
If you are not able to afford the money involved in the travelling, cos if you wanna travel to go and buy the rides all times you need to buy, which will cut real bad into your profit, cos each trip alone will surely cost you nothing less than 500K Naira, and that is probably more than half of your profit if all you are buying are like 5 rides, but for only one ride, it is not even worth it, i would call such trip a vacation and not business.

I would advice you team up with someone in the USA . . . . .
Make sure you trust the fellow.
When you ready, send money to him or her and the fellow send you the ride.
You sell and the swaga continues

I will advice that you start looking for market base first and no need for you to wait till you retire, the good thing about the business is that you could start even now, talk to your friends, tell them you are now able to get them rides from the USA or other places, where you have friends or partners . . check the market prices in Nigeria and do your market survey of how much it will cost you to land one in Nigeria and make sure you buy the ride at wholesale prices.

Good luck . . . . .
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by chainy: 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ Fhemmy,
what but you import vehicles, why not help him climb through your contacts untill he can find his feet. wouldn,t you be willing to handle the import side for us if we insists?

rgds

chainy
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Export1: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
ndbest:

I humbly request for your assistance.

i wish to retire soon from my job and my plan is to start a car importation business from USA. i do not have any idea.
Can any one help. Thanks

Hello sir,

Please visit our website at www.auctionexport.com and you will find all important information. Our company sells car only for export and we can ship your car anywhere in the world. If you have any other question please feel free to ask, you may contact me by e-mail as well at sales@auctionexport.com

Thank you,

Alex A

AuctionExport team
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
chainy:

@ Fhemmy,
what but you import vehicles, why not help him climb through your contacts untill he can find his feet. wouldn,t you be willing to handle the import side for us if we insists?

rgds

chainy

I will be more than willing to help him out, if he ask for my help . . . . . .
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by chainy: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2011
@ Fhemmy,
can yu add me up in ure yahoo chat as (chainy2k@yahoo.com) have some issues to chat up with yu. thanx
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by ndbest(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ Fhemmmy, i really appreciate your honest advice.

i hv earlier considered using frnds in US; but TRUST is the major prob. dis re guys ve not seen for yrs and u neva can tell wat they've become. my best option might still be to travel down to US myself. even if i dnt make the desired profit in my 1st trip, at least i'll gain some experiences and build contacts.

So pls hw far can N3m go in my 1st trip and where do pple get USED cars to buy in US, sme1 suggested damaged cars? Thanks
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
chainy:

@ Fhemmy,
can yu add me up in ure yahoo chat as (chainy2k@yahoo.com) have some issues to chat up with yu. thanx

Hello Sir . . I am not a Yahoo guy, i am a gmailer . . . . so if you have a gmail account, add me up anytime . . .Femmmy.moto@gmail.com and will be willing to chat you up and help whichever way i could be of help
Re: How Can I Buy And Import Cars From Usa by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
ndbest:

@ Fhemmmy, i really appreciate your honest advice.

i hv earlier considered using frnds in US; but TRUST is the major prob. dis re guys ve not seen for yrs and u neva can tell wat they've become. my best option might still be to travel down to US myself. even if i dnt make the desired profit in my 1st trip, at least i'll gain some experiences and build contacts.

So pls hw far can N3m go in my 1st trip and where do pple get USED cars to buy in US, sme1 suggested damaged cars? Thanks

Trust is a big issue, has always been and will forever be.
However, if you are able to get a visa to travel to the USA to do it yourself, sure, why not . . .like you said, you won't mind if your first trip do not make u profit, at least you can even call it Business/Vacation trip and like you said, you wld be able to make some contact and gain some experience.

I dont like dealing with accidental rides, cos i dont have the patience in getting a car to Nigeria and then start worrying about fixing it, i hate tying my money down, and 85% of my deals are Pre-order, so no clients have the time to wait any further, after waiting for 4 weeks to take possession of his rides.
Please note that i am not saying, i will never sell a ride that has been in an accident, but i would rather buy something here that has been fixed, evaluated by the experts and the government has certified it to be road worthy, cos nothing worse that selling a lemon to someone and that lemon killed the fella, i dont wanna get involved in such, cos in nigeria, there is no regulations as to how to fix and what to fix and what to look for, everyone is their own master.I have network of dealers that i deal with both in Canada and in America and that is how i buy my own rides, buy at auction once in a while too, but that is always my last result, cos i like to see the ride, test it and be sure it is up to OUR standard.Hope this answer your questions . . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Car (toyota Or Nissan) Of Between 400,000 Naira To 500,000 Naira / case closedgt / 2007 Model Honda Odyssey Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.