Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) (3842 Views)

Pictures Of Federal University Of Technology, Akure / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure / Federal University Of Technology Akure Students Decry Police Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by WoeBetide666: 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nigeria EduSat-1 was a Nigerian nanosatellite built by the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), created in conjunction with the Japanese Birds-1 program. It was Nigeria's first satellite built by a university. It was launched from the Japanese Kibō module of the International Space Station.

The satellite was designed, built, and owned by the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), in conjunction with Nigeria's National Space Research and Development Agency and Japan's Kyushu Institute of Technology.[8][9] It was equipped with 0.3 megapixel and 5 megapixel cameras, and with the rest of the satellite fleet took images of Nigeria. The satellite transmitted songs and poems as an outreach project to generate Nigerian interest in science. The signal could be received by amateur radio operators. The satellite constellation also conducted measurements of the atmospheric density 400 kilometres (250 mi) above the Earth.[10] The satellite cost about US$500,000 to manufacture and launch.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by HigherEd: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
If I hear you say FUTA built a satellite again, I would flog you undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Lethal234(m): 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nothing as been heard about this satellite since it was launched.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by CodeTemplar: 4:20am On Nov 15, 2020
How real ?
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by sinkhole: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2020
HigherEd:
cubesat of the nanosat family is not all that difficult to build, in a normal, scientific society, secondary students build such things!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by sinkhole: 6:32am On Nov 15, 2020
HigherEd:
cubesat of the nanosat family is not all that difficult to build, in a normal, scientific society, secondary students build such things!
If really FUTA did built such a thing, I will still have to commend them because such an action is a feat in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Nukilia: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2020
Lethal234:
Nothing as been heard about this satellite since it was launched.
cheesy grin grin chai
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by femi4: 6:59am On Nov 15, 2020
Cubesat not NigSat.

OP, be guided
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2020
This image belongs to one of SPACE X rockets it built for NASA. Show us the image of the one built in Akure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by MJluv(f): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2020
sinkhole:
Thank you for specifying the kind of society; "normal".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by sinkhole: 7:08am On Nov 15, 2020
Mailthaddeus:
This image belongs to one of SPACE X rockets it built for NASA. Show us the image of the one built in Akure.
maybe it's fake news afterall angry
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2020
sinkhole:
maybe it's fake news afterall angry

Lol. Maybe it's this one

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by LordIsaac(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2020
As long as Japan is associated with the innovation, we built nothing! Quote me anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Stanweezy(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2020
LordIsaac:
As long as Japan is associated with the innovation, we built nothing! Quote me anywhere.
Hahahahaha, very true.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by sureteeboy(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2020
Where is the picture of the satellite?
I even lost interest when I saw Japan in the list of those involved. We never ready for this country
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2020
Behave or consequences
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by rowland545(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2020
What's d purpose of the satellite... U don't just go and build anything u like just bcus u want to follow others and build....this is y we r still were we are in space exploration...
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Dreamliner787(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2020
Japanese?? I thought it was launched in conjunction with Russia
WoeBetide666:
Nigeria EduSat-1 was a Nigerian nanosatellite built by the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), created in conjunction with the Japanese Birds-1 program. It was Nigeria's first satellite built by a university. It was launched from the Japanese Kibō module of the International Space Station.

The satellite was designed, built, and owned by the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), in conjunction with Nigeria's National Space Research and Development Agency and Japan's Kyushu Institute of Technology.[8][9] It was equipped with 0.3 megapixel and 5 megapixel cameras, and with the rest of the satellite fleet took images of Nigeria. The satellite transmitted songs and poems as an outreach project to generate Nigerian interest in science. The signal could be received by amateur radio operators. The satellite constellation also conducted measurements of the atmospheric density 400 kilometres (250 mi) above the Earth.[10] The satellite cost about US$500,000 to manufacture and launch.
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by gungab(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2020
We can do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by WoeBetide666: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by theFilmtric: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
Its actually true
But the satellite went out of orbit

theFilmtricsay
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by RealLordZeus(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
It was equipped with 0.3 megapixel and 5 megapixel cameras
cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Korllami007: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Lol. Maybe it's this one

What is this? Crayon?
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Excallibur(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Lol. Maybe it's this one
please what's happening in this picture, I have been seeing it lately
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by lascos912(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
Most of the people condemning this are igbos they think they are the only one that can build such things
Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by ILJC(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
lascos912:
Most of the people condemning this are igbos they think they are the only one that can build such things

must you bring tribalism here? haba!!
the way some people are so drunk & addicted to this tribalistic- myopic reasoning/mindset still surprises me.

Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, we are human beings created by same God..... we have just one life to live, live it in love for others irrespective of tribe. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Satellite Built By FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) by Rugaria: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Excallibur:
please what's happening in this picture, I have been seeing it lately

They are preparing the ijele masquerade for it's maiden dance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro 2012/2013 Post Utme Form Now On Sale / A Thread In Honour Of The First Female Nigerian To Get A P.hd In Mathematics / Pictures From Number One School In Ijebu Ode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.