Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Anybody Miss Good Old Mancala Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Anybody Miss Good Old Mancala Game? (1803 Views)

Good Old Days Of TERMINATOR 2 And Ending Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Miss Good Old Mancala Game? by folir(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
Not that im am an old man, but I watched my grandfather and my uncles play mancala (aka oware) when I was young, and I even got to try it myself. Has any of you played the game? or do you even miss it at all? I love traditional African games, and I found a modernized version of mancala!
So for all you that have played, and for those that haven't,  I introduce Star Mancala by Star Arcade!

Description:

Get Star Mancala and be a member of Star Arcade - Social Mobile Gaming Community

“Collecting stones? Are you serious?” Yes. Try Star Mancala and you’ll see what happens. The idea of the game is more simple than simple itself: collect as many stones as possible. By having more stones than your opponent at the end of the game, you are the winner.

Mancala is played on a two-sided board. At the beginning 24 stones are placed evenly in 6 pits on each side of the board. Collect the stones from the pits of the board to the larger store on right or try to keep them on your own side of the table.
The game is played in turns by picking all the stones from a selected pit. Moving counter clockwise the picked stones are dropped to each pit one by one, including your store but not your opponent's store. If the last stone gets dropped in your store, you get an additional move. But, if the last stone gets dropped in an empty pit on your side of the table and the opponent’s opposite pit contains any stones, both the last stone and the opposite stones are captured into your store. The game ends when all pits are cleared on either side. The opponent’s remaining stones are added to his store. The winner is the one, who has the most stones captured in his store.
Features:
- Cool graphics
- Ranking system
- Chat
- Stats
- Invite buddies
- and much more!
------
Registration to Star Arcade is mandatory.
Star Arcade is a social gaming platform where gamers from all over the world can meet and play against each other. Join Now!

The game requires data connection, because you play against other real players from anywhere in the world.
It is available for iPhone,iPod,iPad,Android, and most Symbian, BB should be coming soon.

Star Arcade is a new company, so it might take a little while to find a challenger sometimes, Have patience!

Re: Anybody Miss Good Old Mancala Game? by folir(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
Download for Nokia Devices:
http://store.ovi.com/content/104226

Download for Android:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.stararcade

Download for iPhone,iPod,iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/fi/app/star-mancala/id423980165?mt=8

or simply search for "star arcade" on your mobile device. We also have other games.

Enjoy wink

(1) (Reply)

Playstation Games Competition / Pes 12 Cheats / Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.