Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? (540 Views)

How Lucrative/profitable Is Recycling Business In Nigeria / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / POS For Business: How Stringent Is Your Bank's Conditions? How Else To Get POS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
Evening Guys...

I work as an office assistance in LAGOS, But am tired of working for peanut monthly and as a survivor child hustling in Lagos, I decided to launch my own business...

So far I was able to save 100k Naira working..

Have browse through stuff I can engage myself into and I discovered FCG (Fast Consumable Goods) / Foods Business moves well in a country like ours which the population keep booming annually..

Pls business expert and experienced entrepreneur in the field - How lucrative is the Plantain Chips Business in today's Nigeria
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by RealLordZeus(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
Endure.more, raise your capital to around 300k, then go for industrial fryer!
Domestic fryer is a no no

But you also need to consider other stuffs!

Proximity to raw materials
Transportation
Distribution

The profit margin is small but since it's a fast moving product, larger quantity is preferable else the industrial fryer
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by RedPhoenix: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2020
I'm starting up something in this field. Come and be a partner with me and you'll be positively... cool
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2020
RealLordZeus:
Endure.more, raise your capital to around 300k, then go for industrial fryer!
Domestic fryer is a no no

Industrial Fryer - Domestic Fryer

Can you shed more light to this to clear understanding, Seems you pro in the business sir
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
RedPhoenix:
I'm starting up something in this field. Come and be a partner with me and you'll be positively... cool

Ohh really....

Where you based at and have you been in the business or about to??
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by RedPhoenix: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Manlikeayoo:

Ohh really....

Where you based at and have you been in the business or about to??

It's highly lucrative. I'm a veteran and experienced. Message me on WhatsApp
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by RealLordZeus(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Manlikeayoo:

Industrial Fryer - Domestic Fryer

Can you shed more light to this to clear understanding, Seems you pro in the business sir

The type of fryer determine how big the biz is

Micro scale- uses pot placed on fire from firewood or industrial burner, this is the lowest form, and its suitable for market women, using this tied nylon to package..

Small scale:- uses industrial burner, packed and sealed with hand sealing machines

Mini scale:- uses industrial frier, with multiple hand sealing machines etc

Larger scale:- specialized and fabricated equipment.

This is strictly my opinion and not any formal classification

So like I said earlier, the profit margin is low, let's say #6 after packaging on every #50 product, you will need to produce a moderate qty for you to break even , pay yourself and the person that will be assisting you hence why u need to go for mini scale
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
RedPhoenix:

It's highly lucrative. I'm a veteran and experienced. Message me on WhatsApp

Your WhatsApp Digit?? So we can talk better
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
RealLordZeus:

The type of fryer determine how big the biz is

Micro scale- uses pot placed on fire from firewood or industrial burner, this is the lowest form, and its suitable for market women, using this tied nylon to package..

Small scale:- uses industrial burner, packed and sealed with hand sealing machines

Mini scale:- uses industrial frier, with multiple hand sealing machines etc

Larger scale:- specialized and fabricated equipment.

This is strictly my opinion and not any formal classification

Thanks sir, Cleared now
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by RealLordZeus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Manlikeayoo:

Thanks sir, Cleared now
Read the post again
Re: Plantain Chips Business - How Lucrative & Profitable? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2020
RealLordZeus:

Read the post again

Ok sir so what the difference between the small scale and mini scale is it just the multiple hand banding machine...

And the last time I checked a plantain chips cost #100 naira everywhere not #50 naira...

(1) (Reply)

Earn Free $25 Amazon Gift Card Easily / Hamper Basket Needed Urgently / Where Can I Get A POS Machine To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.