Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon (468 Views)

Saraki Celebrates Isiaka Adeleke On Posthumous Birthday (Photo) / Tunde Idiagbon's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by TheMomentumTv(m): 3:53am On Nov 16, 2020
Chinua Achebe was a famous Nigerian Writer. He was born in the Eastern part (Ogidi town) of Nigeria on the 16th of November 1930. His popular name was derived from his full name, Albert Chinụalụmọgụ Achebe.

Achebe was raised in a Christian home. His father, Isaiah Okafo Achebe, a teacher and evangelist. His mother, Janet Anaenechi Iloegbunam, a leader among church women and vegetable farmer.

Chinua Achebe was to study medicine in the university college, now known as the University of Ibadan, on scholarship. He changed his course to English literature because of his passion for the African culture.

He was appointed research fellow at the University of Nigeria and became professor of English, a position he held from 1976 until 1981 (professor emeritus from 1985). (Britannica)

He is known for many great works in Africa literature, but his masterpiece is Things fall Apart, first published in 1958. Few more of his books include; No Longer at Ease, Arrow of God, A Man of the People, Anthills of the Savannah, There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra.

He died on the 21st March 2013.

Click here to see his amazing and inspiring quotes compiled from his poems, novels and criticisms.

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Auxtin85(m): 3:56am On Nov 16, 2020
Rest on intellectual

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Formularcr7: 5:02am On Nov 16, 2020
Your manhood lives on sir

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by capatainrambo: 5:04am On Nov 16, 2020
Happy birthday lè profèssur

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by NwaAmaikpe: 5:25am On Nov 16, 2020
shocked

Lalasticlala
I can't keep calm because today is for the greatest ever in African Literature.

Iya Basirat said that the only reason she sells 'extra' in her bukka is to help the customer when the main plate does not do justice to the hunger in his belly.

Permit me OP to do just a small 'extra' to your somewhat watery biography of my all-time hero.
Or maybe I'd do it in my diary

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Lipscomb(m): 5:29am On Nov 16, 2020
Just shut up the fvk. I'm not sure if that tribalistic man sleep since he was buried.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 16, 2020
Rest on greatest of all time

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by flyingpig: 6:05am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Iya Basirat said that the only reason she sells 'extra' in her bukka is to help the customer when the main plate does not do justice to the hunger in his belly.

Permit me OP to do some 'extra' to your somewhat watery biography or maybe I will in my diary.
he is back cheesy
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Permit me OP to do some 'extra' to your somewhat watery biography or maybe I will in my diary.
He is back!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Permit me OP to do just a small 'extra' to your somewhat watery biography of my all-time hero.

My guy. Its been a while cheesy
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by FactBoyz: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Welcome back Legend.. Newbies in Nairaland like righteousness89 and slawomiir should keep off for NwaAmaikpe

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Ratedgang: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

purveyor of ugly truth. Welcome back
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by uchaymart(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

This is why you are the best..
Though a bit sarcastic but so blunt with the truth.
Welcome back Nwa 042
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by BigSarah(f): 7:51am On Nov 16, 2020
Africa’s best!

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by amidel(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Welcome back.

Now NL will be war, Nwa, Righteousness and the Damn niggar Slawomir grin
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by fourboys: 8:24am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

where have u been Righteousness and one Yahoo boy took your space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by tartar9(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2020
His people are still pained that it was a Yoruba man who was found worthy of a noble prize.
R.I.P, your story books had some moral lessons.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by hucienda: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2020
Happy birthday to a colossus!

We thank God for sharing your gift with the world.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by sageb: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

Nwaamaikpe is back. l reminisce those days in politics section.
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Kaycee7(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lalasticlala

He's baaaaaccckkk!!!

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by Kaycee7(m): 11:39am On Nov 16, 2020
Chinua Achebe. An inspiration to me and many others. An icon that deserves to be celebrated for eternity

1 Like

Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by ebenezer202l(f): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
fourboys:
where have u been Righteousness and one Yahoo boy took your space
now this got me laughing cheesy
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by James4358(m): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
An icon in literature!! A gr8t man!
Re: Happy Posthumous Birthday Chinua Achebe... Nigerian Literature Icon by TheMomentumTv(m): 3:46am On Dec 04, 2020
“The sun will shine on those who stand, before it shines on those who kneel under them.” - Chinua Achebe
----------------------------
Read about the history, books, and inspirational quotes by Chinua Achebe
----------------------------
Good Morning.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala, Yesufu, Rinu, Access Bank Nominated For CAHR Awards / Buhari’s Unholy Romance With Niger Republic / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.