Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

If Education Is Key, What's The Door? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If Education Is Key, What's The Door? (161 Views)

What Is Your Plan If Education Doesn't Workout? / What's Your Plan B If Education Don't Work For You? / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Education Is Key, What's The Door? by Gemid94(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2020
Growing as a kid, my teacher told me 'Education is the key to success'. But I forgot to ask him of the door to unlock success if education is the key to it. What's the door?

The pictured young lady with white is a first class graduate of the Niger Delta University, Faculty of law as well as a first class graduate Nigeria law school. According to unsolicited reports, the said graduate was not honnoured by her state having make a jawbreaking record courtesy of her intellectual prowess. You're surprise, isn't it? Same here too!

The half naked girl with black, on the other hand, is a third class graduate of Big brother Nigeria, she was given a state reception and was also honnored with an appointment and was also declared role model to the Bayelsa state girl child (the face of the Bayelsa girl child). Isn't it amazing?

That reminds me... be mindful of the role model your kids open up their minds to because 'not all role models are good mentors'. That sinks right? Yes, it is deep!

Back to our discussion, I think it's now clear that my longheld question has finally gotten an answer... if education is the key then, entertainment is the door. But is this not a misplaced priority on our part?

For the past months, the Academic Staff Union of Universities has been in a seem to end industrial action with no sight of when the strike would be put to an halt. And our parents keep telling us we're the future leaders of tomorrow when we quite know the older generation are both leaders yesterday, today and till eternity rolls.

Before I hang my pen, let me quickly congratulate our ever-outstanding Nigerian graduates for making us proud in spite of the nonchalant and myopic attitude of some of the so-called leaders who think the 'door' is the only answer to everything while forgetting the 'key' in their narrow-minded brains. That sounds insulting, isn't it? It's permitted until they (the leaders) start majoring in the majority and not the other way round. My name is the voice that cannot be silenced.

Pen up!

(1) (Reply)

5 Skincare Morning Routine For Smooth Skin / Part-time/sandwich Masters In Business Education(accounting) / Offline/online Exam Portal Setup For A Token

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.