Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock (261 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol / Naira Appreciates, Sells At N361.5 Per Dollar At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock by farem: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2020
BOVAS OIL: WHAT A BRAND

Let me tell you something.
This week, following the complete deregulation of the downstream petroleum industry in Nigeria sometimes in 2020, the price of petrol jumped from N161 to N170.

So this afternoon, I drove into the Bovas Filling Station on Araromi Street, Akure to top up the petrol in my car; my first purchase since the new petrol price was announced.

My eyes went straight to the dispensing machine. I was more interested in the price per litre.

I figured that my favourite petrol station would normally sell petrol at N1 or N2 less than the official price. Yes! That's the character of Bovas Oil. When the price was N161, Bovas sold at N159. So I expected to buy petrol at maybe N168 or N169 this afternoon at Bovas.

But the dispensing machine proudly displayed a price of N159 per litre, the old price. I double checked. Neither my eyes nor the dispensing machine was playing tricks on me.

Perplexed.

I demanded to know why. The attendant told me that Bovas is selling at the old price because Bovas has not bought at new NNPC depot price.

Bovas still has the old stock. And they're selling at the old price. They won't take advantage. They're not greedy. They won't cheat hapless citizens. It's shockingly unNigerian.

Bovas! Bovas! Bovas! What a company. What a brand.

So I bought petrol and drove out of Bovas Station, Araromi road, Akure, with prayers in my heart and on my lips for the woman who owns the company.

Bovas (the owner) is a Nigerian patriot. An uncommon Nigerian. A gift to Nigeria, particularly the South West. Bovas never cheats you by under dispensing. They pay attendants/workers fairly better than others. During fuel scarcity, you can trust them to go the extra mile to make fuel available. Ever dependable, Bovas.

Yes! Bovas is a shining example of righteousness. And Bovas is telling us something. We can fix Nigeria only if we all choose to be Bovas in our dealings as citizen.

We must listen to Bovas. The story is good. The music is sweet. I choose to be Bovas too. What's your own choice?

Thanks for sharing. -Olumide Olugbemi-Gabriel...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3406105356148216&id=100002463553962

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock by doggedfighter(f): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2020
Bovas to the world !!!

A standing ovation for honesty and selflessness.

3 Likes

Re: RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock by Uyi213: 8:04am On Nov 16, 2020
Yes they sell 159 in Lagos here

1 Like

Re: RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock by ouzo1(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2020
Op thank u for dey advert.. no be only Bovas na Bovi
Re: RIGHTEOUSNESS: See A Fuel Station Still Sells At Old Price because its Old Stock by farem: 11:15am On Nov 16, 2020
ouzo1:
Op thank u for dey advert.. no be only Bovas na Bovi

Thank you for exposing your thought. You have wished they are demarketed. Any act kindness needs a reward. I don't know any Bovas station and I can't remember if I have passed across any but this is a commendable act and that stops there.
BTW, you are one of the many Nigerians who jumps at and wail on any injustice but here trying to suppress the perceived goodwill of one of the many righteous Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Write An Article And Start Earning, Yes Earn! / This Is A Dangerous Website Run Away From It / Free Affiliate Marketing Business Training (whatsapp Group)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.