Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (50076 Views)

Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / "My Visit To Volos Statue Of Liberty In Greece" (photos) / ₦116Billion, World's Tallest Statue Set To Complete In India By October(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by lascos912(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sensitivity:
My hometown. Ìha dé omo Ifè, onílè ló làre cool
shut up your fucking language there now
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Guestlander: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
thatigboman:
Ugbo or Igbos? The story confirmed that igbos had been ile ife since oduduwa fell from the sky

Not ibo people, ugbo kingdom of which Oba Akinruntan is their current king.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
travelwaka:
Yes! I literally travel everywhere I post. I do not post places I have not travelled too. Travel blogging can be stressful, time-consuming and lots of investment. I just completed a one week South West Trip. From Lagos to Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo all the way to Ekiti. So right now I have completed all the major tourist attractions in South West Nigeria. the plan is to visit all the tourist attractions in Nigeria by 2022.

When are you visiting the Elkanemi palace in Borno?
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by movid(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
travelwaka:
This is the tallest Statue in Nigeria, It was made.
Says who? No offense but I disagree..
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Sammy07: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
seguno2:

If we could get from Offa to Ile Ife without cars, how did we do it with the rivers and forests in between

Lol, there's a path / roads nah.where horses and donkey's passed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
I'm not so sure this is the tallest statue in Nigeria. I can categorically say that there is a slave statue (of a man and woman in chains) outside Badagry Slave Museum that looks bigger than Moremi's statue. The sight of the statue alone is imposing and scary smiley smiley smiley
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by eze31362(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Well, I celebrate Winston churchill despite the man committing gruesome murder (and being a racist and boorish fellow)because if he hadn't done so, but joined most of the people of his class in calling for peace the whole world would have been under the rule of mass genocidists...wh by the way had some nice plans for us africans that would have made british colonial rule look like the fabled Shangri-la...

If Moremi hadn't done what she did...maybe most of her tribe/region would have been either dead, or in perpetual sllavery

Human history is not perfect. Nigeria in the pre-colonial era was a LAWLESS place. Your village could be raided and everyone killed or enslaved. You did what you had to do to survivie.
i love ya responds queit impressive
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Forexfocus: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
ohh
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by zudozz: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sammy07:

You're wrong sir.
Obinna Onuoha statue is 28ft

Moremi statue is 42ft

Ok thanks for the correction.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by 10kgod(m): 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Help us with oluronbi's history as well.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Kateykate(f): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Interesting story, that's why Jesus remains the true and only Saviour. He won't ask you to sacrifice your blood before he helps you or delivers you.. The devil doesn't give anything for free, my brother, my sister run to Jesus now. He adds value wherever He dwells...

1 Like

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by travelwaka: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
You can't just disagree based on emotion, disagree based on facts. Please a simple Google search would have avoided this embarrassment

movid:
Says who? No offense but I disagree..
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by travelwaka: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Very soon, one step at a time. That is part of the plan for 2021 grin

PurestBoy:

When are you visiting the Elkanemi palace in Borno?
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Ryan03(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
travelwaka:
Well, unfortunately, the Government that should be in the forefront of tourism are not really doing much. This was built by the Ooni of Ife. The last part about reading agreements does it relate to this post or just a general advise. Thank you

I think the reading agreement stuff relates well with this post cause if she had asked what that most precious thing was, I think she wouldn't have made that decision
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Those forest people were the Gbos the forefathers of present Igbo and Ekpeye of South Central Nigeria and those spirits are the Nmanwu still celebrated till this day wearing same raffia palm and chasing people. This further proves the fact that the Igbos are the landlords of Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Shegunsmart(m): 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Abagworo:
Those forest people were the Gbos the forefathers of present Igbo and Ekpeye of South Central Nigeria and those spirits are the Nmanwu still celebrated till this day wearing same raffia palm and chasing people. This further proves the fact that the Igbos are the landlords of Nigeria

I feel like saying; Ode ni e

1 Like

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Occurstaem(m): 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
lascos912:
shut up your fucking language there now
This one is not okay. Is it your language?
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by travelwaka: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Please where is this located?
Shegunsmart:

Since OP is trying to visit all the tourist attractions in South West, it would have been good if he also add this place to his sites. No knowledge is lost.

Check the below picture, the place is also home to tourists from far and wide.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by frankfab(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
travelwaka:
Its an important story in yorubaland

Travelwaka Tours two days tour to Erin Ijesha Waterfalls, Ikogosi Warm Springs and Arinta Waterfall.
Three locations

Erin Ijesha Waterfall
Ikogosi warm Spring
Arinta waterfall
Get wet at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Nigeria, experience the wonders of Ikogosi warm spring that produces warm water and also cold water and they both met at a confluence point and still retains its thermal qualities.
Fee:
25,000 Single (Room sharing)
30,000 Single (No room Sharing)
45,000 Couple
Fees Covers transportation, hotel, food, Drinks and branded materials
Drinks
Access to all tour sites
Accommodation
Single 25,000 (Room Sharing)
Single Without Room Sharing (30,000)
Couple 45,000

Dec 12 and 13
Deadline for payment 5th December

Click here to contact us https://www.travelwaka.com/join-our-tours/

I love what you are doing but this flyer isn't great.
Contact me let's handle your designs and make your brand stand out.

0 8 1 7 6 4 2 7 4 2 5
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by lascos912(m): 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2020
Occurstaem:

This one is not okay. Is it your language?
I'm sorry please forgive me , i don't know what wrong With me
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by Coquinoqui: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
Meanwhile, tallest in Africa.
Dakar Senegal

Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by movid(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
travelwaka:
You can't just disagree based on emotion, disagree based on facts. Please a simple Google search would have avoided this embarrassment

And you believe everything is documented on Google? What If I tell you have been to somewhere, seen a statue far far taller than Moremi statue and it's not on Google? With all due respect, just my opinion.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by seguno2: 1:28am On Nov 26, 2020
Sammy07:
Lol, there's a path / roads nah.where horses and donkey's passed.

What of the rivers
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by travelwaka: 2:11am On Nov 26, 2020
Like I said no sentiment or emotion, bring out the fact. There is nothing that is in existence in this life that someone has not posted on google. I respect your opinion but naming the statue or where it is located should not be a big deal.
movid:
And you believe everything is documented on Google? What If I tell you have been to somewhere, seen a statue far far taller than Moremi statue and it's not on Google? With all due respect, just my opinion.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by movid(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2020
travelwaka:
Like I said no sentiment or emotion, bring out the fact. There is nothing that is in existence in this life that someone has not posted on google. I respect your opinion but naming the statue or where it is located should not be a big deal.
Okay there is a statue at my town taller than Moremi statue and it's not on Google! What about that? It's only what is typed on google that pple will read. Google no be drone weh go dey camera all happenings around the country so to know the tallest statue. You only read what they put in there. And also have you been to everywhere in Nigeria? Soo many things in existence tht you cannot find on google. Google assists but cannot be the major source of authentication. We are only sharing minds, hope you understand.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by travelwaka: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Ok I understand, Oya please give me the location to your village so I can go there and promote the tallest statue in Nigeria located in your village. What about that?

Remember I enjoy travelling even if the place is not reachable by car, that wont be a problem , I love adventure

movid:
Okay there is a statue at my town taller than Moremi statue and it's not on Google! What about that? It's only what is typed on google that pple will read. Google no be drone weh go dey camera all happenings around the country so to know the tallest statue. You only read what they put in there. And also have you been to everywhere in Nigeria? Soo many things in existence tht you cannot find on google. Google assists but cannot be the major source of authentication. We are only sharing minds, hope you understand.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tourism is dead in Nigeria. Let me go enjoy Ghana a little.
Re: Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria by AbuAeesha: 8:08pm On May 18, 2021
travelwaka:
Lalasticlala what do you think about this statue?
does it look like snake?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries / My Experience At Inagbe Grand Resorts & Leisure Lagos (pictures Included) / NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.