Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 (17411 Views)

Outrage As FUTMINNA Fixes Exam A Day To 2023 Election & 2 Days After / ESUT Set To Use Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (see Details) / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by sirdick17: 9:40am On Nov 17, 2020
IamD18:
This is very wrong.

You don't ruin the goal and aim of ASUU organization of getting settled by Federal government all because of your selfish interest or so.

This decision of theirs might be a politically engineered one.

Which goal if i may ask?
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by ignis: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Whatever FG does only affects federal schs. and it cannot benefit a state school. It is demonic to waste people's time for the sake of solidarity. It is like academic kidnapping in which the kidnapped can't pay the ransom.

Please say what you know and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by FBACCOUNT: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2020
OK
Get your google voice number ➕ USA �� whatsapp number for your online business ➕Foriegn Facebook account
Pls dm
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by mannasseh(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2020
story... students protested yesterday
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by guy222: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2020
IamD18:
This is very wrong.

You don't ruin the goal and aim of ASUU organization of getting settled by Federal government all because of your selfish interest or so.

Who ever told you that ASUU is fighting for the warfare of students must be high on weed, forget this people, they are fighting for their selfish interest not for me, not for you, not for the students but their pocket, though support the strike but it's be coming boring. But since the goverment is mad, ASUU is mad, let everybody and institution get ready to be mad in this country. Nobody has monopoly for madness. De madness don the start small small and soon other institution will also join the madness.

2 Likes

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by donpata(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2020
9jatriot:
Exactly what I came here to write. I still do not understand what business state ASUU have with this present strike.

Well let me educate u a bit. The main reason for the strike is revitalization of universities and payment of earned allowances. FG brought in IPPIS as a distraction. Now...
1. On revitalization, my friend works in Kaduna State University and the last time an agreement was reached on Eared Allowance, the FG urged the state govts to try and implement it as well. You may wish to know that my friend has been earning that cos the state govt implemented it.

2. On proliferation of state universities, it badly affects the state unis cos like Kaduna University, abt 90% of the structures are built by FG either through CBN, TETFUND, NEEDS ASSESSMENT etc. The govt does virtually nothing but payment of salaries. Yet, you still see them building more. I think Kano already has 2 state unis and is planning on building another. Kogi can't pay salaries but it wants to add another uni. The unis will soon turn to secondary schools and it's likely gonna emanate from the state unis, rubbing off on the Federal unis. Thus, using the govt forum, FG can discourage that.

3. Revitalization fund are not just for the FG unis. I stated the example of KASU. After the last strike, govt released money and KASU got about 200 million. I think Plateau state uni got about 130million or thereabouts. So if ur branch no join strike and ASUU suspends it, maybe una allocation fit get K leg since the FG will involve them in the sharing formula.

4. For the general funding of unis, don't forget state govts have been working hard to see that some allocation to certain sectors are cut while certain taxes are implemented so that the FG will have more money to send as monthly allocations to the states. Now it means that if FG will have money for universities, certainly, State govs, who are part of the Federal Executive Council, are very key stakeholders in the decision process.

Last last though, it's the kind of shambolic federal system we are practicing that allows this. This feeding bottle federalism that everyone heads to the center for everything is wack. I men look at us elections. Counties being responsible for election process? I can't imagine local govt officials handling elections. See how messed up state handled LG elections are. Nigeria na zoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by Yankee101: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2020
Very good
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by eki2000(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2020
As time goes, a lot of Universities will breakaway from ASUU
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by Stake2odds: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2020
IamD18:
This is very wrong.

I know students like you who prefer to stay at home, please consider other serious students who want education. Just so you know ESUT is a state school.
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by 9jatriot(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2020
From what you have written here, it looks like FG has even been trying and not doing nothing as you ASUU claim, you see what we are talking about
Even then, when state ASUU go on strike, they carry their cross alone.
donpata:

Well let me educate u a bit. The main reason for the strike is revitalization of universities and payment of earned allowances. FG brought in IPPIS as a distraction. Now...
1. On revitalization, my friend works in Kaduna State University and the last time an agreement was reached on Eared Allowance, the FG urged the state govts to try and implement it as well. You may wish to know that my friend has been earning that cos the state govt implemented it.

2. On proliferation of state universities, it badly affects the state unis cos like Kaduna University, abt 90% of the structures are built by FG either through CBN, TETFUND, NEEDS ASSESSMENT etc. The govt does virtually nothing but payment of salaries. Yet, you still see them building more. I think Kano already has 2 state unis and is planning on building another. Kogi can't pay salaries but it wants to add another uni. The unis will soon turn to secondary schools and it's likely gonna emanate from the state unis, rubbing off on the Federal unis. Thus, using the govt forum, FG can discourage that.

3. Revitalization fund are not just for the FG unis. I stated the example of KASU. After the last strike, govt released money and KASU got about 200 million. I think Plateau state uni got about 130million or thereabouts. So if ur branch no join strike and ASUU suspends it, maybe una allocation fit get K leg since the FG will involve them in the sharing formula.

4. For the general funding of unis, don't forget state govts have been working hard to see that some allocation to certain sectors are cut while certain taxes are implemented so that the FG will have more money to send as monthly allocations to the states. Now it means that if FG will have money for universities, certainly, State govs, who are part of the Federal Executive Council, are very key stakeholders in the decision process.

Last last though, it's the kind of shambolic federal system we are practicing that allows this. This feeding bottle federalism that everyone heads to the center for everything is wack. I men look at us elections. Counties being responsible for election process? I can't imagine local govt officials handling elections. See how messed up state handled LG elections are. Nigeria na zoo

3 Likes

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by donMIG(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2020
Life is a bitch... Snitch ASUU na fucktards them b
They beta for calm down dis week oo... U can't will it all
A truce can solve d problem sumtimes
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by lkillbrokehoes: 10:20am On Nov 17, 2020
donpata:

True that
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by mechanics(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2020
seunmsg:
In a proper federal structure, a state university should never be allowed to go on strike over a matter that affects only federal university. ASUU is on strike over an IPPIS payment platform that affects only federal university lecturers. State universities have no business with IPPIS so what’s the justification for them to be on strike?
I agree with you, but mind you, it's not only the payment platform they are fighting for, but for better funding of our universities.
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by capitalzero: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2020
State universities have no business with ASUU strike.
Regional government or true federalism will solve many national problems
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by capitalzero: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2020
mechanics:
I agree with you, but mind you, it's not only the payment platform they are fighting for, but for better funding of our universities.

What is business of FG with state universities?
Beside, no sector is properly funded . Military and politicians get bulk of allocation.
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by capitalzero: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2020
donpata:

1. Funds will never be enough. No sector is properly funded. Politicians and military get most of the allocations . Health sector is not properly funded. Even health workers do not engage in prolonged strike like ASUU.
2. States should stop joining nationwide strike. Usually, unions in states go on strike to press home their specific demands.
3. University dons should manage resources well. Proliferation of courses or programmes or departments in university is bad idea.
4. Govt should stop earn allowances for all category of staff. There are rules governing this allowance but lecturers have abused it.
5.Reasons for the strike . Many lecturers especially senior ones are using falsified age. They do not want bvn to be linked with ippis. Some lecturers are working in more than 2 universities. Nuc allows lecturers to work full time in a university and part time in another university.
Excess workload allowance is illegal in most cases. There are rules governing excess workload for lecturers and non-teaching staff. It is not all lecturers that should benefit from it. If governments stop this allowance , most academic vacancies will be advertised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by Vulcan24(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2020
ignis:
ESUT that looks like a secondary school.

Awwwww! make ur enquiries well that school is distinct

Proud of my school though I am not from the East
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by Vulcan24(m): 10:58am On Nov 17, 2020
ESUT!

strongmen school

1 Like

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by bluefilm: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2020
seunmsg:
In a proper federal structure, a state university should never be allowed to go on strike over a matter that affects only federal university. ASUU is on strike over an IPPIS payment platform that affects only federal university lecturers. State universities have no business with IPPIS so what’s the justification for them to be on strike?

Maybe they want to show their solidarity.

Remember too, that some federal lecturers also teach in state universities and vice versa.

So in one way or the other, it still affects them.
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by CodeTemplar: 11:04am On Nov 17, 2020
ignis:

[s]
Please say what you know and leave the rest[/s].
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by dealtombng: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2020
donpata:

You be d bomb... Let them know. Nigerians don't know their problem...

The reason you all go to school, is to be better than our neighbour and not to impact positively in our country.

Little wonder they want to finish school and travel abroad for masters, then stay over there because their economy is better forgetting where they went from ooh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by missbehave247(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2020
ignis:

wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it... please be guarded
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by mechanics(m): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2020
capitalzero:

What is business of FG with state universities?
Beside, no sector is properly funded . Military and politicians get bulk of allocation.
Yea, they don't have any business with state universities, but ASUU is fighting for public universities generally.
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by TinubuGoQuench(f): 11:31am On Nov 17, 2020
ignis:

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

HOW DOES OGUN STATE UNI LOOK LIKE?
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by edoairways: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2020
guy222:
Who ever told you that ASUU is fighting for the warfare of students must be high on weed, forget this people, they are fighting for their selfish interest not for me, not for you, not for the students but their pocket, though support the strike but it's be coming boring. But since the goverment is mad, ASUU is mad, let everybody and institution get ready to be mad in this country. Nobody has monopoly for madness. De madness don the start small small and soon other institution will also join the madness.
They are fighting for your well-being. Thanks to their numerous strikes, you could see some structures in your school
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by shaggyosas(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2020
While you are home, learn a skill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RzKLHy3Uw
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by Agugbadin: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
University education in Nigeria Hmmmmm
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by meekah: 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
flemsy15:
Are state Universities part of the strike, I thought it was only federal schools
are u in this Nigeria at all with this your question
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by efighter: 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
IamD18:
This is very wrong.

Lazy youth. The holiday is over, go and prepare for exams. Four years course is now taking 8 years, yet you want the strike to continue. Do you want to have all your children while in school or for how long shall you keep using Postinor-2?
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by iamteegee(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
Lol I took my chances of not resuming to school for our finals exams, lol esut dey mad!
Still dey chop meat for my mama house
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by iamteegee(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
I've been to ogun uni osu and can never be compared to greatest esut
TinubuGoQuench:

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

HOW DOES OGUN STATE UNI LOOK LIKE?
Re: ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30 by iamteegee(m): 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
efighter:

Lazy youth. The holiday is over, go and prepare for exams. Four years course is now taking 8 years, yet you want the strike to continue. Do you want to have all your children while in school or for how long shall you keep using Postinor-2?
Keep shut if you don't have oro to comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. / NECO 2014 June/july Released / My Brief Success Story At The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.