Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,417 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un (7469 Views)

Breaking News - Arab League Criticises 'No Fly Zone' - They Now Support Gaddafi? / Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib / Libya No Fly Zone Cannot Be Us-led Says Clinton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by mrofficial(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
Are you serious? How many rebels are flying jets? Gadhafi is a cheat.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by phantom23: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
I can't believe Nigeria took a part in voting for a no- fly zone imposed on Libya.
It is ridiculous!!! The international communities especially the west see us as daft and very gullible. Yet again, we have proved that point.
Did the Nigeria government answer the questions put forward by countries like China, Russia, Germany, Brazil and India regarding the issue?
Why was this No -Fly zone issue championed by David Cameron (UK) and french's Nicola Sarkozy.
Do the Nigeria govt have informed details about everything going on? Bear in mind that the UK gets about 70% of its oil from Libya.
Can Nigeria explain the reason behing the release of the Lockerbie bomber to Ghaddafi last year , and just few months later, the british govt entered into oil deals with Libya?
Do the Nigeria Govt understand the implication of a No fly Zone at all? Are the west out to really save the Libyan people or they are protecting their own national interest.( Bear in mind that since this uprising began, the cost of fuel has been on a steady increase in the uk).
I do not know too much about Libya but i know too well that the people live in prosperity. Yes it is more of an autocratic regime and you expect that some people would not like it, but on the average the people of libya are better off with Ghaddafi than having a 'western influenced democracy'
Nigerian Leaders, shame on you again. For not seeing beyond your nose. The international community sees all these and continue to believe we are black and daft.
I must state here that I am neither in support of terrorism nor autocracy and I do not really care about Ghaddafi, but when we make decisions, let us be clear and sure of what we are doing. If it is really for the Libyan people, then so be it. but if questions remain unanswered, and it appears that there are political undertones in the resolution, then I strongly believe Nigeria should not have voted.
At the end of the day, the west have used us to champion their course in Libya again.
Maybe our leaders need to read 'Things fall apart' again
Qudos to countries who abstained from this vote! They have earned my respect. Even India!!!

Shame on our leaders
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Sunofgod(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gaddafi has called a ceasefire and has also shut of Libyan airspace to all traffic.

Check mate?
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by manie(m): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sun of god:

Gaddafi has called a ceasefire and has also shut of Libyan airspace to all traffic.

Check mate?
The ceasefire is rather too late.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
@phantom23, GOOD ANALYSIS. Its unfortunate that most african leaders greed will always make them blind and deaf to reason cos they are puppet regimes for western recolonisation. Why cant african govts handle libyas case than allow foreigners and their oil conglomerates under the guise of UN - NATO-US-FRANCE-UK take over libyas OIL.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Blazing99: 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gadaffi has called for a ceasefire. That's great news and very reasonable for him and the Libyan people. At least there would be peace in Libya. Now please could someone please stop calling this man a madman. He's a dictator yeah. But is democracy a must for every country
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by phantom23: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2011
The only african voice who dared to stand up against the west is under 'western' military siege and all we can do is talk him down, thereby giving outsiders the upper hand over Africa. Ghaddafi could have taken over Benghazi a long time ago if he wanted to unleash terror. but he showed restrain. Ask you guys a question, You are president, and rebels are threathening your country, what would you do? sit at home eating KFC. NO? even in UK, the British forces still fight the IRA (of ireland). and you say Ghaddafi is wrong for defending his country against terrorism?
Ghaddafi hasnt done wrong by sending his military to disarm rebels and gangs! Fullstop.
What about Bahrain? Didnt they open fire on protesters Why is no one talking? Africans, our freedom lies in our hands. But we are selling it out daily.
Be wise.
'They deceived us with christianity, and then imposed their governemtn on us, and till date Nigeria is worse off than they met us.'  Things Fall apart!!! Chunua Achebe
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Blazing99: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2011
phantom23:

The only african voice who dared to stand up against the west is under 'western' military siege and all we can do is talk him down, thereby giving outsiders the upper hand over Africa. Ghaddafi could have taken over Benghazi a long time ago if he wanted to unleash terror. but he showed restrain. Ask you guys a question, You are president, and rebels are threathening your country, what would you do? sit at home eating KFC. NO? even in UK, the British forces still fight the IRA (of ireland). and you say Ghaddafi is wrong for defending his country against terrorism?
Ghaddafi hasnt done wrong by sending his military to disarm rebels and gangs! Fullstop.
What about Bahrain? Didnt they open fire on protesters Why is no one talking? Africans, our freedom lies in our hands. But we are selling it out daily.
Be wise.
'They deceived us with christianity, and then imposed their governemtn on us, and till date Nigeria is worse off than they met us.'  Things Fall apart!!! Chunua Achebe

You said it all. This westerners hate Ghadaffi cos he stood up to them. If he hated his people, there would have been a massacre by now but less than 1000 people have died so far. You think the western government is any good. Please visit www.vigilatcitizen.com
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by omofat: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
phantom23:

I can't believe Nigeria took a part in voting for a no- fly zone imposed on Libya.
It is ridiculous!!! The international communities especially the west see us as daft and very gullible. Yet again, we have proved that point.
Did the Nigeria government answer the questions put forward by countries like China, Russia, Germany, Brazil and India regarding the issue?
Why was this No -Fly zone issue championed by David Cameron (UK) and french's Nicola Sarkozy.
Do the Nigeria govt have informed details about everything going on? Bear in mind that the UK gets about 70% of its oil from Libya.
Can Nigeria explain the reason behing the release of the Lockerbie bomber to Ghaddafi last year , and just few months later, the british govt entered into oil deals with Libya?
Do the Nigeria Govt understand the implication of a No fly Zone at all? Are the west out to really save the Libyan people or they are protecting their own national interest.( Bear in mind that since this uprising began, the cost of fuel has been on a steady increase in the uk).
I do not know too much about Libya but i know too well that the people live in prosperity. Yes it is more of an autocratic regime and you expect that some people would not like it, but on the average the people of libya are better off with Ghaddafi than having a 'western influenced democracy'
Nigerian Leaders, shame on you again. For not seeing beyond your nose. The international community sees all these and continue to believe we are black and daft.
I must state here that I am neither in support of terrorism nor autocracy and I do not really care about Ghaddafi, but when we make decisions, let us be clear and sure of what we are doing. If it is really for the Libyan people, then so be it. but if questions remain unanswered, and it appears that there are political undertones in the resolution, then I strongly believe Nigeria should not have voted.
At the end of the day, the west have used us to champion their course in Libya again.
Maybe our leaders need to read 'Things fall apart' again
Qudos to countries who abstained from this vote! They have earned my respect. Even India!!!

Shame on our leaders

Since you were not there and do not know the reasons why the Nigerian govt made the decision they made, then perhaps you should refrain from casting aspersions.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
The no-fly zone resolution is a great news but might turn to an era of war in Libya. Anyway, let the fight begin! I sympatize with those innocent ones that would loose their lives during this fight
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by KAYD007(m): 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
i am favourably dispose towards Gadafi with  regard to the conflict at hand. i suppose he is one if not the only African leader that would cough and the west would catch cold. He is an intriguing figure.

Should he be out of the picture ,who among the African leaders can stand up to the west & their genocidal so call national interest? who? angry

Am so angry at other African leaders. they are such  wussies. angry

To what end is the essence of A.U if not to wade into conflict like this,presenting a unified front for once! angry

phuck UN. damned A.U. why would the A.U allowed the Sovereignty of a Nation within its sphere be  assaulted by a foreign body without out muttering a word?  angry
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Phatom23,
Nigeria has all the right to vote for a no-fly zone resolution. Gaddafi is a madman who does things only for his interest. The man that wants to rule Africa and is against the unity of Nigeria saying we should divide along religious line. If not that he is daft, he should have been told by his foriegn minister or adviser that religion (christians and muslims) cut across every region in Nigeria. The same man that called his own people cockroaches and rats and use both land and arial attacks on harmless Libyans just because they are protesting peacefully, you say a vote for a no-fly resolution is wrong? I think you should be sure of what you say before someone starts thinking you think like Gaddafi himself- dictator and no respecter of human lives and rights
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by cap28: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2011
the nigerian govt have demonstrated once again that they are a bunch of paid up rented house boys, carrying out the requirements of their white masters  - lets see how far their boy boy behaviour will get them.

As for the neo colonial proposition to annex and take over the vast oil wells of libya by the fake humanitarian intervention of UK/US alliance its business as usual, the libyan people will soon realise that they have made a fatal mistake by inviting these vultures into their nation, Gadaffi liberated Libya from the grip of colonial exploitation, he transformed libya from a barren colonial outpost to a prosperous modern nation, the colonialists never forgave him for deposing their puppet - King Idris ,they have been trying for years to get rid of Gadaffi, now they have the perfect excuse - humanitarian intervention, funny - america why didnt you intervene when 1million african tutsis met their untimely death at the hands of a vicious and murderous hutu militia? It is now on record that Bill Clinton bluntly refused to send troops to Rwanda to stop the slaughter of innocent men, women and children and yet you have the guts to open your mouth and talk about humanitirianism - give me a break!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by kodewrita(m): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2011
koastar:

@Phatom23,
Nigeria has all the right to vote for a no-fly zone resolution. Gaddafi is a madman who does things only for his interest. The man that wants to rule Africa and is against the unity of Nigeria saying we should divide along religious line. If not that he is daft, he should have been told by his foriegn minister or adviser that religion (christians and muslims) cut across every region in Nigeria. The same man that called his own people cockroaches and rats and use both land and arial attacks on harmless Libyans just because they are protesting peacefully, you say a vote for a no-fly resolution is wrong? I think you should be sure of what you say before someone starts thinking you think like Gaddafi himself- dictator and no respecter of human lives and rights

thanks for being one of the few people to realise this is in nigeria's interest.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2011
all this argument over nothing.

this no fly resolution is too late. all that is left to the rebels are two cities/towns at an extreme part of the country, with the roads leading to them wide open.

gaddafi already started air raids on benghazi yesterday afternoon. by now the defences are gone and the army will walk in by this evening.

too bad for those folks sha. its crazy how propaganda works, you need to see the shots of demonstrators in the capital city yesterday hailing and showing support for gaddafi, you would do a double take and ask if this was the same country that a week ago was hustling to remove the bagger

the power of the media!!

its unfortunate. i am amazed that the fellow thinks nothing of shelling his own subjects into submission, the same people he is ruling!!
if it was limited to the rebel soldiers, i could understand, but there was no such discrimination.

there is a major square in the capital where the rebels had a standoff for days trying to keep the protest up, by the time the govt troops took the place and reporters were able to enter, there were no signs of casualities which undoubtedly were in large numbers in that fight, and signs that something had been buried in large trenches in that square!!!!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by cap28: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
kodewrita:

thanks for being one of the few people to realise this is in nigeria's interest.

hahahahahahha - nigeria's interest  LMAO

kodewrita - the nigerian govt dont give two fu.cks about you or anyone else, they are only interested in STEALING , they have no vision for nigeria, nothing, just stealing - its that simple.

also - nigeria is a client state of the US/UK alliance they have zero power, they cannot even begin to think of adopting the stance that gadaffi adopted, they are sellouts, cowards and the lowest form of human existence.

You need to understand that placing your hope in the existing nigerian ruling class is an exercise in extreme futility, it is a suicide mission, their main objective is - TO CONSOLIDATE THEIR STRANGLEHOLD ON POWER - at the expense of the well being of their own people, let me break it down - these people are the new slave riders - they dont give a sh.it about you, therefore why do you care about what they say is " in nigeria's interest".  

with the exception of Libya i beleive every african nation is a paid up rented prost.itute of western powers, its all about military might, if you have the might you can force and crush other nations, if you dont you must bow to them, libya chose to fight- nigeria chooses to bow like a slave , giant of africa my ar.se!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Mariory(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gaddafi = Owned!

Can imagine the dumbass and his sons trying to drink away their troubles and wondering what the hell they are going to do now. I hope he fights to the death. Death is a much better solution than prison.

The Libyan regime will be "brought to justice" over attacks on unarmed civilians, UN chief Ban Ki-moon says.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by phantom23: 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ omo fat, I was not there when the resolution was passed but i know that countries that do not suck up to the western powers did not vote (China, Russia, Brazil, Germany (An European nation too) plus INDIA). Why didn't they vote And since you seem to know too much, why not tell NLs why Nigeria voted.

@Koastar, sometimes i think Nigeria should split too and I am a Nigerian, and I know of millions of other Nigerians who think in the same direction. Does that make me us mad men like Ghaddafi? That was his opinion about Nigeria and if you ask me, anyone can say anything on any given day.
Can you tell me how OBJ's act at ODI is different from Ghaddafi against rebels? Did you say he opened fire on harmless civilians? He declared war against rebels. When Rebels hide under civilian homes, you have casualties.
Take the killing of one of our former head of states who travelled to Ibadan for example, he was arrested there. Did they not kill his host too
I repeat that I do not support terrorism. I do not support Autocracy. I see common sense and i support fairness.
this war against Libya is for OIL. This war is against Africa's voice of reasoning. This war is against one of the few men in the world who the west fear.
This man happens to be our brother. We have shamelessly sold him out. Goodbye Ghaddafi, welcome modern day slavery in AFRICA.
And yes, isnt it for our own good? at least for the civilian's good? and are we not all civilians in Africa? compared to the military power of the west!
Shame!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
People love to talk without being objective. Lets consider the pros and cons of the no fly zone. Who are the most beneficiaries of this oil rich country in the event of war, why are there selective approach to insurrections i.e isreal - palestine, bahrain, hutu -tutsis? Why is the west always at the forefront of deposing leaders of oil rich nations and others not willing to be their stooges at the slighest opportunity of insurrections i.e Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Cuba e.t.c IT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN ON THE WALL. Oil, oil and more oil for the western countries and their oil companies and more income for western nations and orgnisations dealing in hitech ammunitions of war. Though i do not support Gadaffis sit tight regime and attacks on his people but AMERICAS VERSION OF DEMOCRACY IS TO SUPPORT A PUPPET REGIME TO DO THEIR BIDDING.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by BigPhil(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
buJu-234:

I am not a supporter of Gaddafi; but I think the UN is somehow partial here;

if a no-fly zone is passed on Libya SKY; then similar thing should be done in places like:-

(1) Saudi Arabia---> for killing the Shia Moslem's protesting for their right
(2) Bahrain -----> for inviting the Saudi & UAE military to stop the same protest that is going on right now in Libya
(3) Yemen----> for killing the Shia moslem protesting for their right
(4) Israel----> for killing innocent and defend-less Palestine who are crying daily for their right to normal life
(5) Somalia ------> where Alshaba militants are killing people
(6) Ivory Coast -----> where Laurent Gbagbo is killing people for an election that he lost.

The question is why didnt the western-power raised a resolution to intervene in the following crises above, why!!!

(1) Saudi Arabia -----> is the biggest supplier of oil to the west; so her government weather good or bad can do any thing
(2) Bahrain -----> supplies oil to the west and also host the US military base
(3) Yemen ------> No oil to gain; so there`s no need to send their forces there; so they are free to die like the Rwandans
(4) Israel----> US best friend in the mid-east; there fore the west decided to close their eyes to their crimes against humanity
(5) Somalia ------>No oil to gain; so there`s no need to send their forces there; so they are free to die like the Rwandans
(6) Ivory Coast -----> Cocoa can be gotten from another country; so No oil to gain; so there`s no need to send their forces there; so they are free to die like the Rwandans

so with the above; i feel their interest is Libya oil so that companies like TOTAL; BP; STATOIL will control oil blocks there.

DIALOGUE IS STILL THE BEST OPTION; LET GADDAFFI AND THE REPELS HOLD TALKS ORGANISED BY THE UN.

The hypocrisy of the western government is something else.They don't care about the Libyan people,but about the own interests.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by seunlayi(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
Behold! the end of Gaddafi is near
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by tlops(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^^poor man!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by sley4life(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
he will use boat
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Sunofgod(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
The UK/US have naval forces on route to the mediteranian sea.

No doubt they will enter and occupy Libyan waters.

From what I understand the resolution has been worded 'vaguely' and so may be interpreted anyway the West see fit.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
cap28:

hahahahahahha - nigeria's interest  LMAO

kodewrita - the nigerian govt dont give two fu.cks about you or anyone else, they are only interested in STEALING , they have no vision for nigeria, nothing, just stealing - its that simple.

also - nigeria is a client state of the US/UK alliance they have zero power, they cannot even begin to think of adopting the stance that gadaffi adopted, they are sellouts, cowards and the lowest form of human existence.

You need to understand that placing your hope in the existing nigerian ruling class is an exercise in extreme futility, it is a suicide mission, their main objective is - TO CONSOLIDATE THEIR STRANGLEHOLD ON POWER - at the expense of the well being of their own people, let me break it down - these people are the new slave riders - they dont give a sh.it about you, therefore why do you care about what they say is " in nigeria's interest".  

with the exception of Libya i beleive every african nation is a paid up rented prost.itute of western powers, its all about military might, if you have the might you can force and crush other nations, if you dont you must bow to them, libya chose to fight- nigeria chooses to bow like a slave , giant of africa my ar.se!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by mamagee3(f): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
Blazing99:

Gadaffi has called for a ceasefire. That's great news and very reasonable for him and the Libyan people. At least there would be peace in Libya. Now please could someone please stop calling this man a madman. He's a dictator yeah. But is democracy a must for every country
What kind of statement is this?

Why can't people be allowed to vote for their leader instead of watching a knobhead lead them?

I think every dictator should be given an ultimatum to step down in this new ear and generation.

Can't imagine this man has been in office long before my some of my aunts and uncles were born. undecided
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Sunofgod(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Enjoy,

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXbCwq4ewBU[/flash]
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by owobokiri(m): 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Jonathan is a disaster waiting to happen. His foreign policy outlook so far should worry any body who wants to see a real independent Nigeria. Gadaffi might be an enemy of the west but he is the only pro African Arab leader left. We dont have any personal beaf with this man. At worst, Nigeria should have abstained and not vote to allow France and Britain bomb thousands to their early graves in Libya JUST TO STEAL OIL.  It is not right for Nigeria to join the gang to destroy an African country just to actulaise western interests. The Saudis and the Yemenis are shooting up protesters. Bharain is using nerve gas on protesters. What is the US and her baby the UN doing about this?  All the same, you have to blame Gadaffis arrogance for some of this. He has a lot of oil, he should have shared a bit with some coutries within the security council.  That is realistic diplomacy. The only reason the Sudanese excaped this kind of action after the genocide in Darfur was because of Chinese massive investments in their oil fields. If Russia or China was involved in Libyas oil industry in a big way, this resolution would have been dead on arrival. With the talks of his old airforce and navy, he seem to have learnt nothing from Saddam and Iraq. Yet everybody else knew he was next after Saddam.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Mariory(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2011
. . .

Elsewhere in the city, rebels also reported skirmishes and strikes by Gaddafi forces.

"Fighter jets bombed the road to the airport and there's been an air strike on the Abu Hadi district on the outskirts," Mohammed Dwo, a hospital worker and a rebel supporter, told Reuters.

He was speaking at the scene of an apparent firefight between rebels and what they claimed were two mercenaries who had infiltrated the city and were driving in a car which they said contained a crate of hand grenades.

[size=14pt]The two men, in civilian clothes, had been shot and killed and rebels produced blood-soaked identity papers they said showed them to be of Nigerian nationality.[/size]

"We were sitting here and we received gunfire from this vehicle then we opened fire and after that it crashed," rebel fighter Meri Dersi said.

. . .

Oh dear!
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Mariory(m): 9:35am On Mar 19, 2011
mama-gee:

What kind of statement is this?

Why can't people be allowed to vote for their leader instead of watching a knobhead lead them?

I think every dictator should be given an ultimatum to step down in this new ear and generation.

Can't imagine this man has been in office long before my some of my aunts and uncles were born. undecided

In the minds of some confused people, some of whom have decided to leave their birth homes to seek and live with the dividends of demorcracy think this is alright as long as such a dictator "opposses" the west. Give these same clowns the choice to live under a dictorship for the rest of their lives and they would turn you down.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by nateevs(m): 10:36am On Mar 19, 2011
owobokiri:

Jonathan is a disaster waiting to happen. His foreign policy outlook so far should worry any body who wants to see a real independent Nigeria. Gadaffi might be an enemy of the west but he is the only pro African Arab leader left. We dont have any personal beaf with this man. At worst, Nigeria should have abstained and not vote to allow France and Britain bomb thousands to their early graves in Libya JUST TO STEAL OIL.  It is not right for Nigeria to join the gang to destroy an African country just to actulaise western interests. The Saudis and the Yemenis are shooting up protesters. Bharain is using nerve gas on protesters. What is the US and her baby the UN doing about this?  All the same, you have to blame Gadaffis arrogance for some of this. He has a lot of oil, he should have shared a bit with some coutries within the security council.  That is realistic diplomacy. The only reason the Sudanese excaped this kind of action after the genocide in Darfur was because of Chinese massive investments in their oil fields. If Russia or China was involved in Libyas oil industry in a big way, this resolution would have been dead on arrival. With the talks of his old airforce and navy, he seem to have learnt nothing from Saddam and Iraq. Yet everybody else knew he was next after Saddam.

Ok. Jonathan is no buff with foreign policies and international relations, I still do not accept that we should abstain from voting. The west do have an agenda (Oil), Gaddafi himself is no saint and has brought this upon himself. There weren't rebels from the outset, there were protesters. Like there were in Egypt and Tunisia. His people didn't want him hence the protest. Who are we to desire otherwise for them? No man should rule his household for that long let alone a whole nation.

The people want him to leave and leave he must. Leave the inconsistencies of the west for a minute, Gaddafi leaves first, everything else after.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Sunofgod(m): 10:53am On Mar 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Dangerous Terrorist Group In The World. / Obama To Host Romney Over Private Lunch / Joe Biden Tests Positive To COVID-19, Days After Testing Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.