Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,192 members, 7,860,265 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant (786 Views)

MEND Denounces Meeting Of MEND/EX-MEND Leaders By Tompoolo / 2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 18, 2011
Some former militants yesterday in Abuja accused members of northern political elite and the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) of playing politics with the name of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to intimidate President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sobomabo Jackrick, also known as General Egberipapa who spoke on behalf of others after their meeting in Abuja, alleged that their investigations since the threat revealed that some northern elite bent on acquiring power at all cost were engaging in activities aimed at destabilising the present administration.
It, however, alleged that some northern politicians were behind the bombing campaigns rocking the country allegedly being carried out by MEND.
The group comprising Government Okpehu, aka Tompolo, Boyloaf, General Egberipapa, among others, said MEND had ceased to exist the moment they embraced the amnesty programme of the Federal Government under the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, stating that any other MEND was a decoy by alleged northern politicians designed to divert attention from the real culprits.
In view of the above, the group warned that any attempt to destabilise the government of President Jonathan would be strongly resisted as northern politicians who still think that sabotaging Jonathan’s government would give them access to Niger Delta oil would be in for a surprise as that would not be allowed to happen.
“Northern leaders like Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Babangida are using this so-called MEND to destabilise President Jonathan’s administration and we are watching them. If they think they can destabilise Jonathan’s government, they should be in for a shocker as we are prepared to ensure that oil from the Niger Delta will not be accessible to them anymore.
“The reason we went to the creeks is to fight a cause, the criminal marginalistion of the Niger Delta region and these issues are being addressed especially with the appointment of Mr. Kingsley Kuku as the special adviser to the president on Niger Delta affairs. We are satisfied with that and he has started on a good note. Everybody is getting his allowance and some have been taken for training in Ghana and South Africa while development projects are ongoing.
“President Goodluck Jonathan, though from the Niger Delta region, should be seen as president of the entire country and should be given the support that our region gave past northern leaders for more than 30 years. Why should his administration be threatened everyday by a non-existent organisation. We are the MEND and it is no longer in existence. This leadership is for Nigerians not Niger Deltans,” the group said.
The ex-militants, however, added a twist to its position by asking Federal Government to also investigate former MEND commanders to ensure that they are not colluding in any way with the “sponsored MEND.”
The group said most of the ex-militants were doing well individually before identifying the criminal marginalisation of the area and decided to go into the creeks to fight. With the amnesty programme in place, advent of President Jonathan, creation of the Niger Delta Ministry, it said, there was nothing else to fight for.
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Justcash(m): 2:01am On Mar 18, 2011
I dnt think this is true. If it is true, then it is really a sad development.
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Bintus2much(m): 2:17am On Mar 18, 2011
How true is this report? if this is the case that means there is trouble even as i hate to acknowledge such. God help Nigeria. If i were Jonathan i would have established strong institutions and then i step down but the thieves around him will not allow him think well. He would have earned more respect with that act because its like the i-must-be president mentality is not helping the nation as a whole. What more can i say? I WISH NIGERIA WELL
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Beaf: 3:21am On Mar 18, 2011
Justcash:

I dnt think this is true. If it is true, then it is really a sad development.

Na today?
Check the date of the chilling news item below, it was days before the Independence bomb blasts:

[size=14pt]Militants hold secret meetings with IBB, Buhari[/size]
Posted by Information Nigeria in Home » Nigerian News on September 6, 2010

THERE are indications that President Goodluck Jonathan is yet to strike a deal with leaders of key militant groups in the Niger Delta to strengthen his chances of winning the South-South zone if he decides to run in the 2011 presidential election.

Indications to this effect emerged in the light of efforts by leaders of the militants, who had given up on the government amnesty initiative to engage presidential aspirants from the North in exploratory talks on how to fit into their presidential programmes.

Two leaders of militant groups which surrendered arms in the wake of the Federal Government’s amnesty had arrived in Abuja last week to hold talks with northern presidential aspirants, including General Ibrahim Babangida and General Muhammadu Buhari.

Nigerian Tribune learnt through aides of the aspirants that the militants complained that they were not being consulted by President Jonathan.

The militant heads were said to have canvassed a view that their full participation in the ongoing political process would enhance their resolve to finally discard the toga of militancy, just as they reportedly expressed dismay that their efforts to dissolve into the campaign programme of President Jonathan were not being appreciated.

It is not certain which specific roles the militants desired to play in the presidential campaigns of the aspirants, whom they reportedly met. However, it was disclosed that tentative agreements were reached by the campaign team of General Buhari that they should make a bold appearance during his inaugural campaign summit scheduled to take place in Abuja any moment from now.

Checks within the IBB campaign organisation revealed that none of the militant leaders was able to meet the Minna general in person, but reportedly met his aides in Abuja and told them about their desire to feature in his campaign programmes.

When the militants met with the representatives of the ex-president recently, Nigerian Tribune gathered that they vowed to support him if he agreed to a one-term tenure and hand over power to a candidate from the South-South geopolitical zone in 2015.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that Babangida was told to rescind his decision of handing over to a candidate from the South-East, choose a vice-president from South-South, implement the white paper of the Ledun Mittee committee and create additional states in the South-South geopolitical zone.

Investigations by the Nigerian Tribune revealed that the militants were working with notable South-South governors, who were said to be working underground for different northern presidential aspirants following their irreconcilable differences with President Jonathan.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2010/09/militants-hold-secret-meetings-with-ibb-buhari.html
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by 9ijaMan: 4:42am On Mar 18, 2011
What exactly would you guys expect when the dolt of a guy had just met with the Jonathan led government?
We have been here before guys. Have you suddenly forgotten the same lines were used by GEJ and his cronies after the October 1 bomb, where GEJ defended MEND and essentially blamed it on the Northerners to whip up sympathy.

We should also not forget that Henry Okah already told the world how GEJ's henchmen wanted him to frame the Northerners for the October 1 bomb in Abuja. GEJ place the blame back then at the door steps of IBB and Dokpesi.
And what do we have today, IBB is now GEJ's father and Dokpesi an active member of GEJ's campaign.
Is it not suspicious that this Ex-MEND guys who claimed along with GEJ back in October after a round of tea and biscuits in Aso rock that they were the original MEND and that MEND had seized to exist. Today we know MEND was behind the October 1 bomb, at least that much has been admitted by the GEJ administration.

Another twist to the same story is that while these MEND wannabe guys are claiming the North is behind the real MEND attacks, the same GEJ through his attorney general, Adoke, has asked the federal high court to quash the Okigbo panel report against IBB.

Why has GEJ consistently blamed the north for his failures? Nigerians beware! The same strategy to whip up sentiments is being used again. When falsehood is consistently being peddle, weak minds may start to assume it to be true.

We've been fooled once and we will never be fooled again. Let's all rise to vote out these bunch of inept leaders we have in Aso Rock.
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Beaf: 5:44am On Mar 18, 2011
^
The ex-militants actually mentioned specific names. Deal with that.
I also made a post detailing how Buhari and IBB met with some disgruntled ex-militants in secret. What could have been the purpose? Why would any peace loving Nigerian be locked in the same room as a gathering disgruntled ex-militants, holding "pat my back, I pat yours" discussions?

Many things are known, but for the security of the wider country, wisdom has taken the front seat. The real aim of these people is to cause a war, and benefit financially from the ensuing chaos; because they aren't concerened with "tiny little distractions" things like justice, lives and democracy. All they care about is fleecing the nation, millions could die, they couldn't care less.

Address what the ex-militants said like someone who truly cares for Nigeria would, and stop regurgitating tired old arguments and deceptions that are now worn out and meaningless.

Ozin:

Some former militants yesterday in Abuja accused members of northern political elite and the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) of playing politics with the name of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to intimidate President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sobomabo Jackrick, also known as General Egberipapa who spoke on behalf of others after their meeting in Abuja, alleged that their investigations since the threat revealed that some northern elite bent on acquiring power at all cost were engaging in activities aimed at destabilising the present administration.
It, however, alleged that some northern politicians were behind the bombing campaigns rocking the country allegedly being carried out by MEND.
[b]The group comprising Government Okpehu, aka Tompolo, Boyloaf, General Egberipapa, among others, said MEND had ceased to exist the moment they embraced the amnesty programme of the Federal Government under the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, stating that any other MEND was a decoy by alleged northern politicians designed to divert attention from the real culprits.
In view of the above, the group warned that any attempt to destabilise the government of President Jonathan would be strongly resisted as northern politicians who still think that sabotaging Jonathan’s government would give them access to Niger Delta oil would be in for a surprise as that would not be allowed to happen.
“Northern leaders like Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Babangida are using this so-called MEND to destabilise President Jonathan’s administration and we are watching them. If they think they can destabilise Jonathan’s government, they should be in for a shocker as we are prepared to ensure that oil from the Niger Delta will not be accessible to them anymore.[/b]
“The reason we went to the creeks is to fight a cause, the criminal marginalistion of the Niger Delta region and these issues are being addressed especially with the appointment of Mr. Kingsley Kuku as the special adviser to the president on Niger Delta affairs. We are satisfied with that and he has started on a good note. Everybody is getting his allowance and some have been taken for training in Ghana and South Africa while development projects are ongoing.
“President Goodluck Jonathan, though from the Niger Delta region, should be seen as president of the entire country and should be given the support that our region gave past northern leaders for more than 30 years. Why should his administration be threatened everyday by a non-existent organisation. We are the MEND and it is no longer in existence. This leadership is for Nigerians not Niger Deltans,” the group said.
The ex-militants, however, added a twist to its position by asking Federal Government to also investigate former MEND commanders to ensure that they are not colluding in any way with the “sponsored MEND.”
The group said most of the ex-militants were doing well individually before identifying the criminal marginalisation of the area and decided to go into the creeks to fight. With the amnesty programme in place, advent of President Jonathan, creation of the Niger Delta Ministry, it said, there was nothing else to fight for.
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by hakanai(m): 10:44am On Mar 18, 2011
Beaf:

^
I also made a post detailing how Buhari and IBB met with some disgruntled ex-militants in secret. What could have been the purpose? Why would any peace loving Nigerian be locked in the same room as a gathering disgruntled ex-militants, holding "pat my back, I pat yours" discussions?

[b]While GEJ was and is still dinning with them abi.possibly sucking there balls too!Another meeting with those goons.I remember even when the militant groups had a meeting with some presidential aspirants it was to insist that there own(ND) be made running mates or something relevant in the government in return for support during elections not planting bombs.Stop the rubbish and campaign of hate Mr beaf. undecided
If this fellows have amnesty and are free they are Nigerians and hold a stake in this country and can dialogue with anyone.You see it is like if you are against GEJ then you must have something to do with North/a possible bomber.Why the hating game?Mr beaf you think is with such treats,deceit,lies and hate you will get northern votes?I doubt my brother,i doubt!Better change the mentality or at least those of your militant brothers parading themselves like stars or freedom fighters after sharing there loots and killing /despoiling and destroying peoples lives. shocked
Even the city they(militants) hold such meeting,such that Abuja they always wish it never exist yet they go there for meetings now.remember during Obj how they hate to see Abuja and Lagos (our oil money is wasted here and all that).They should keep coming and talking crap on the northerners.someday they may just know there mistake. angry[/b]

Many things are known, but for the security of the wider country, wisdom has taken the front seat. The real aim of these people is to cause a war, and benefit financially from the ensuing chaos; because they aren't concerened with "tiny little distractions" things like justice, lives and democracy. All they care about is fleecing the nation, millions could die, they couldn't care less.

Since you know them catch them now.except if you always find out is your own and will be bad for you on the news.[/b]like the okahs

Address what the ex-militants said like someone who truly cares for Nigeria would, and stop regurgitating tired old arguments and deceptions that are now worn out and meaningless.

[b]My friend you are more deceptive than any human i have come across with your ethnocentric views and lopsided comments.People like you are the cancer of division and intimidation

"Lastly read this from a previous post
By Kenneth Ehigiator & Jimoh Babatunde
LAGOS – The Federal Government, yesterday, expressed its willingness to dialogue with the Movement for Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, following the latest threats issued by the group to launch bomb attacks in Lagos, Abuja and the Niger Delta.

This came on a day the government sent to People University, Moscow, Russia, 75 youths of the region who had just completed their non-violence training at Obubra, Cross River State, under the amnesty programme.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/140363/ "

With what you are saying i should assume the meeting should be between IBB,Atiku and FG?Not with the militants since we know its the North doing it.But the above post clearly spells out where and who!
Get over it Mr Beaf,your ploy has and will always be to attack or plant lies on people opposing your beloved GEJ.For your information and everyday you do such your beloved only looses more votes! undecided Change your strategy Mr man!!!!I know today you would be happy to see northern votes or IBB and Atiku support for GEJ.Not with this strategy.
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by homerac7: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2011
Another brainless diversionary attempt frm camp GEJ
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by Demdem(m): 11:41am On Mar 18, 2011
^^^^ @ homerac7 U got that right no doubt

Yes they did and i'm amazed seeing GEJ's father among those mentioned. something is fishy here.

The reason we went to the creeks is to fight a cause, the criminal marginalistion of the Niger Delta region and these issues are being addressed especially with the appointment of Mr. Kingsley Kuku as the special adviser to the president on Niger Delta affairs. We are satisfied with that and he has started on a good note. Everybody is getting his allowance and some have been taken for training in Ghana and South Africa while development projects are ongoing.

The issue here is : are these causes being or been addressed. They claimed worked has started, what exactly are those things that have been put in place. I have been and still within this same region for almost a decade now and i really havent seen any significant difference as per FG's presence and initiative. However reading through suggest to me and re-affirm my earlier beliefs that their so called struggle is for their selfish gains. Now they are being paid and settled, they are keeping shut.
I dont believe its a North sponsored MEND, instead its another group of disgruntled selfish individuals also wants a piece of the national cake and am sure the dunce GEJ will give them because already i learnt negotiations has started
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by honeric01(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2011
Junk news lol.

We should be expecting to hear something like this:

Bakare sponsoring boko haram
Re: North Sponsoring Mend- Ex-militant by naijaking1: 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
We all know that in any crime, the police usually focuses on people with motive, interest and potential to benefit from the situation.
It has been a long time since northern politicians have been going around calling GEJ weak, and unable to maintain security in this country, to make their accusations true, it becomes glaringly apparent that they(northern politicians) have resorted to violence, and are now portraying GEJ as unable to maintain security.

Unfortunately, this tactics takes its toll on the lives of innocent civilians trying to catch a glimpse of their president in Niger state and other places where bombs have exploded while the president was doing a rally.

We wouldn't be fooled.

The World powers and their powerful listening technology actually know who's behind these rash of bomb attacks, and will reveal them at the appropriate time.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Said Abacha Did Not Steal Our Money. Is That True? / The State Of Our Union / Family Of Murdered Banker Faults Police Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.