Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x (319 Views)

Couple Ditches Alexa After The Device Started Talking To Husband In The Night / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by MONEY247: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2020
How and when should you tell them about sex,its implications and generally sex issues.....
Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by Emmanueltrin(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2020
once your daughter enters puberty

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by MONEY247: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2020
Emmanueltrin:
once your daughter enters puberty

And what time is best for a guy
Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 11:29am On Nov 17, 2020
I think when he is in puberty should be fine.

MONEY247:

And what time is best for a guy
Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by XXXXTENTACION: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2020
Knowledge and information are very powerful tools for me you share it with your kids once the kids start to mature and is of reasonable age. undecided

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
From age of 5, starting from telling him/her not to allow any uncle/aunty or anyone touch their peepee and breast, teach them what private parts is all about, then by the time they reach 10 years then you can do the proper teaching.
Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
This has opened my mind. Whatever they should be taught depends on age.

You don't want to give too much all at once.

Chimpretty:
From age of 5, starting from telling him/her not to allow any uncle/aunty or anyone touch their peepee and breast, teach them what private parts is all about, then by the time they reach 10 years then you can do the proper teaching.
Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
This has opened my mind. Whatever they should be taught depends on age.

You don't want to give too much all at once.

yes bro, build them up little by little.

1 Like

Re: When Should You Start Talking To Your Kids About S3x by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
It depends on the maturity or level of exposure of the child regardless of age. For instance, some children at 5 are already exposed to sexual films and discussions among their peers and it will shock you that some are already practicing these things behind your back. So at that age, they already understand what sexuality is all about to some extent hence should be educated at that stage to guide them aright because waiting until they get to puberty stage might be too late and its the reason we now have 13 yr olds getting pregnant and then you begin to wonder where and when they started. So, I'll say start at age 5 when they already know right from wrong.

I'll also use myself as a case study here and I've said this countless times here. My mum started educating us about sex at age 5/6 even though during our time there were no internet exposure or airing of indecent movies. We grew up watching cartoon Network but still my mum started at quite an early age and it really helped. By the time we hit puberty and even before then, we knew where to draw the line whenever the boys came playing around us and we always made sure we reported to mum if any uncle tries to lure us into his house. Mum made sure to let us know the boundaries boys are not suppose to cross on our bodies ( bless her soul).

(1) (Reply)

Covid19 / A Big Opportunity To Own A Land At Umueri Close to Anambra State Airport / 2-seater Leather Couch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.