Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates (1217 Views)

Three Jukun Fishermen Arrested Over Attack On Ortom / Boris Oyebanji, Kidnapped By Pirates And Mistakenly Arrested For Being A Pirate / Jonathan Kicks As Pirates Hijack New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2020
Few years ago, the Nigerian navy had fighting vessels: the Combattante missile boats, the armed Laurssen boats, the Aradu, etc. Together those vessels formed the fast attacking capability of the navy. Once an alarm sounded, there were missile armed boats ready to respond.

But today the navy has been reduced to a "pirates police and fishermen watchers".

No missile armed ships, .. ocean attack
no fast attack crafts, ... mid-shore attack
not 1 dedicated anti-submarine corvette..
not 1 missile armed vessel for fast response.
No sub-surface warfare capable ship,
no anti- midget submarine coastal response boat.
No ocean air-defence ship, (drone strikes bad o)
no intelligence gathering ship,
No dedicated radar ship
no drone launching ship,
Nothing.

Just lots of boats armed with guns. Basically a coast guard. Pirates police & fishermen watcher.
Many boats, No Power. SHAME ON THE NN.

The navy has depreciated compared to 15yrs ago. 15yrs ago, there were missile armed and torpedo armed ships in service. Today, none. Navy admirals are just stew.pid.

Navy admirals think that WAR sounds alarm. It takes years to build one ship and more years to train personnel to competent standard. Lacking those vessels today mean that the navy would remain incapable for another 7 years. Prepare for WAR to have peace.

Threat analysis is misleading. Nigeria is a continental power. We have enemies, international enemies. BE WARNED.
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2020
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2020
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by amaham(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2020
I wonder if buying an armed navy ship will change the price of onions. The millions invested in the army for boko Haram war is unproductive , so I don't think there's any incentive to invest in the Navy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2020
amaham:
I wonder if buying an armed navy ship will change the price of onions. The millions invested in the army for boko Haram war is unproductive , so I don't think there's any incentive to invest in the Navy.

The price of onions will not defend you from enemies. You need to separate food from defence. Go and hustle for yourself okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:
Few years ago, the Nigerian navy had fighting vessels: the Combattante missile boats, the armed Laurssen boats, the Aradu, etc. Together those vessels formed the fast attacking capability of the navy. Once an alarm sounded, there were missile armed boats ready to respond.

But today the navy has been reduced to a "pirates police and fishermen watchers".

No dedicated radar ship
no drone launching ship,
Nothing.

Just lots of boats armed with guns. Basically a coast guard. Pirates police & fishermen watcher.

The navy has depreciated compared to 15yrs ago. 15yrs ago, there were missile armed and torpedo armed ships in service. Today, none. Navy admirals are just stew.pid.

Navy admirals think that WAR sounds alarm. It takes years to build one ship and more years to train personnel to competent standard. Lacking those vessels today mean that the navy would remain incapable for another 7 years. Prepare for WAR to have peace.

Threat analysis is misleading. Nigeria is a continental power. We have enemies, international enemies. BE WARNED.
Guy you know nothing about the Nigeria Navy undecided
https://www.ocea-ssm.com/departure-two-ocea-ships-nigeria

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
tutudesz:

Guy you know nothing about the Nigeria Navy

Pls tell me more
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

Pls tell me more
undecided

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2020

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

No dedicated radar ship
no drone launching ship,
Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDShjobVpA0
Waiting for your reply

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

Pls tell me more
Why creat another trend, when you are a major contributor to the Security/military trend
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
tutudesz:

Why creat another trend, when you are a major contributor to the Security/military trend

Lol. So all those ships are fighting ships abi ??

Read my post again.
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
tutudesz:

No, am his room mate. Am using his phone and moniker.
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

Lol. So all those ships are fighting ships abi ??

Read my post again.
Is there any major threat by sea, expect that sea pirates.
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

No, am his room mate. Am using his phone and moniker.
Very funny grin why not discuss this in the other trend
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
tutudesz:

Very funny grin why not discuss this in the other trend

I am using my bros phone. I am a different person. I don't know what thread you are talking about. My bros has been away for few weeks.
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by Pecuman: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

The price of onions will not defend you from enemies. You need to separate food from defence. Go and hustle for yourself okay.

Which enemy are we Afraid of that will come and attack us from Ocean!
Re: Nigerian Navy_ For Fishermen & Pirates by tutudesz: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fineman87:

I am using my bros phone. I am a different person. I don't know what thread you are talking about. My bros has been away for few weeks.
I hear you

(1) (Reply)

Dangote's Grandfather Happened To Be First Nigerian To Used Bank. / ESN Made Us To Farm Freely, Southeast Residents Speak Out / Maiduguri: Projects Commissioned By President Buhari Today In Maiduguri In Pict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.