Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . (774 Views)

Nigeria Military warns Nigerian on Cluster Bombs / Atiku Replies Nigerian On Twitter Who Asked Buhari To Reduce JAMB Cutoff Mark / Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Forbuhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by binkabir(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2011
In 2011, General M. Buhari is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though some claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led.

We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know.

But now we know, We know that he has followership in the north that money can't buy. We know that those who follow him are poor, and follow him out of hope and belief in his values. I have met old men who know him, who have said, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank". Now we know that here is someone that has been in everything to make him an IBB or Danjuma, but didn't take that road.

We feared he was an Islamic fundamentalist, but he challenged us to provide any human being who can point at anything he did to show that. Now we know, that it's about the values, The only former head of state that does not own a house in Abuja . Educate someone today!

I just did!!!
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by Parnassuss(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2011
Lovely write up.
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by daroz(m): 11:22am On Mar 18, 2011
He has my vote already; only say I lost my voter`s card already too
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by HIROSHI: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2011
That's true o, we didn't vote for him before but we will not vote for him even now. Nothing has changed. All is constant like the brightness of the morning star.

No to Buhari, now and forever (well, might change my mind in 20 years' time).
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by sochan: 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
Those who dislike Buhari, do that based on sentiments, not because he is not capable, but all they see is a man from the North. Should it matter where he comes from? Should we not be focused on voting the best candidate likely to tackle the current crisis in the country?

Those who hate this man, do so out of wicked selfish sentiments, and not because of what he stands for. They have tried to looks for holes, they pick on his age, they pick on his tribe, they pick on his religion. We do ourselves a dis-service when we let our hearts rather than our heads rules us.

Well, I know where my head leads me, what about you?
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by HIROSHI: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
sochan:

Those who dislike Buhari, do that based on sentiments, not because he is not capable, but all they see is a man from the North. Should it matter where he comes from? Should we not be focused on voting the best candidate likely to tackle the current crisis in the country?

Those who hate this man, do so out of wicked selfish sentiments, and not because of what he stands for. They have tried to looks for holes, they pick on his age, they pick on his tribe, they pick on his religion. We do ourselves a dis-service when we let our hearts rather than our heads rules us.

Well, I know where my head leads me, what about you?

Please speak for yourself, I am a Northerner and cannot dislike my kind for being a fellow Northerner. Point of correction no-one hates the man but we have the right of choice and the right to dislike his kind of politics.
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by sochan: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
HIROSHI:

Please speak for yourself, I am a Northerner and cannot dislike my kind for being a fellow Northerner. Point of correction no-one hates the man but we have the right of choice and the right to dislike his kind of politics.

What kind of politics to do you speak about that you so dislike? and I think if you are being honest with yourself, you will admit there are folks out there who do hate him for no reason.

But please clarify what sort of politics he practices that give you the shakes?
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
What kind of politics to do you speak about that you so dislike? and I think if you are being honest with yourself, you will admit there are folks out there who do hate him for no reason.

But please clarify what sort of politics he practices that give you the shakes?

Please lets debate with points and facts-- no foul language

Gimme 5 reasons why you feel Buhari is the best for president and 5 reasons why you feel GEJ or Ribadu should not be voted for the presidency----

Just 5 each-- thank you.
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by binkabir(m): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2011
i have always and always loved Buhari because he is the only president the neither the EFCC nor the criminal investigation agency have found him wanting. And that is the main reason why most of these leader will not want him back to Aso rock cos money looting will be a thing of the past in Nigeria
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by dayokanu(m): 10:35am On Mar 19, 2011
babasoty:

Please lets debate with points and facts-- no foul language

Gimme 5 reasons why you feel Buhari is the best for president and [b]5 reasons why you feel GEJ [/b]or Ribadu should not be voted for the presidency----

Just 5 each-- thank you.

- GEJ is too dull to rule. In a random gathering of 20 adults he would always be the dullest.

- October 1 bombing yet to be resolved

- Dokpesi suspected to be the bomber is now in GEJ campaign train.

- 80% of the corrupt politicians in Nigeria are supporting GEJ. Meaning he is a continuation of the rot.

- Jos killings have been going on forever and GEJ thinks its ok

- A president who believe prayers should be used to bring criminals to book
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by ProAnti: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
dayokanu:

- GEJ is too dull to rule. In a random gathering of 20 adults he would always be the dullest.

- October 1 bombing yet to be resolved

- Dokpesi suspected to be the bomber is now in GEJ campaign train.

- 80% of the corrupt politicians in Nigeria are supporting GEJ. Meaning he is a continuation of the rot.

- Jos killings have been going on forever and GEJ thinks its ok

- A president who believe prayers should be used to bring criminals to book

and five reasons you'll vote Buhari ?
Re: Testimony By A Nigerian On Why They Didn't Vote Buhari Before . by binkabir(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ pro Anti
the more than 5 reason to vote for Buhari ar in the first article shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Japanese Firm Fined $218m For Bribing Nigerian Officials! / I Want My Son’s Corpse – Says 62-year-old Mother Of Slain Corps Member / What Goodluck Jonathan Must Remeber( I Was Not Born Rich)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.