Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:15 PM

Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 (896 Views)

Sanitize Your Fears With These Odds / Late Night Show!!! Still Awake?? Try These Odds / Free Daily Odds...like Our Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by lekki1444: 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
4.15 1.54 etc etc. now if say you bet 1000 then with the 5.60 obviously you get more. my question is who will voluntarily pick 1.54 when they can pick 5.60. or am i missing something ?

1 Like

Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by tempest01(m): 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
Lol...you don pack your bags? Because na village you dey head so.
Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by Danielomisco(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
U should knw earning more will simply mean risking more

1 Like

Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 27, 2020
lekki1444:
4.15 1.54 etc etc. now if say you bet 1000 then with the 5.60 obviously you get more. my question is who will voluntarily pick 1.54 when they can pick 5.60. or am i missing something ?

Higher odds belong to the underdog who is more likely to lose

Theoretically, if you carry higher odds you stand a higher chance of losing your money but in fact football bets are a snakepit of collusion with bookies, players/teams & football admins cashing out at the expense of the suckers who bet
Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by Eriggs: 5:41am On Dec 27, 2020
lekki1444:
Okay maybe this reply will help you understand a bit.
For example, if the ALMIGHTY Barcelona want to play with Shooting stars of Nigeria, maybe in a friendly match, and the 2 teams are using their best players.

And bet9ja gave Barcelona 1.50 and shooting stars 10.00.
Let me break it down further,
Now if you have 1 million naira you are not using and decided to play just that game,
If you picked Barcelona to win, you will win 1.5 Million and if you picked Shooting stars to win, you will win 10 million.

So knowing the better side between the 2 teams, who will you stake your 1 million on to win?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by Eriggs: 5:45am On Dec 27, 2020
...continued from above, sure some games maybe unpredictable, and shooting stars may win , you win 10 million just like that, but upset doesn't happen everytime, so you will decide to stake your money on the team that is more likely to win.

In this game, the probability that Barca will win will be 98% and shooting stars 2%!

That is how the bookmakers comes up with their odds.

Let's say 1 million people played the game, maybe only 10 people will choose shooting stars and all the rest will go for Barcelona.
They will be happy to pay the 10 people 100 million and smile to the bank with billions of the people that played Barcelona to win!!!
That is how they make their money.

2 Likes

Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by lekki1444: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Eriggs:

Okay maybe this reply will help you understand a bit.
For example, if the ALMIGHTY Barcelona want to play with Shooting stars of Nigeria, maybe in a friendly match, and the 2 teams are using their best players.

And bet9ja gave Barcelona 1.50 and shooting stars 10.00.
Let me break it down further,
Now if you have 1 million naira you are not using and decided to play just that game,
If you picked Barcelona to win, you will win 1.5 Million and if you picked Shooting stars to win, you will win 10 million.

So knowing the better side between the 2 teams, who will you stake your 1 million on to win?
Thaank you very much bro. your explanation and effort is much appreciated. however i pretty much understand that asspect of it. the one i dont understand is when for barcelona there is an option of 1,50 and 2.50 and then 8,0 , like why will i pick the 1.50 when i can pick the 8.0 and get more money if i win. hope that makes sense
Re: Let Me Ask A Bet9ja Question. So If You Bet They Give You These Odds Like 5.60 by lekki1444: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2020
Soissons:

Higher odds belong to the underdog who is more likely to lose

Theoretically, if you carry higher odds you stand a higher chance of losing your money but in fact football bets are a snakepit of collusion with bookies, players/teams & football admins cashing out at the expense of the suckers who bet
i get that aspect of it. what i dont get is what i explain below

Thank you very much bro. your explanation and effort is much appreciated. however i pretty much understand that aspect of it. the one i dont understand is when for barcelona there is an option of 1,50 and 2.50 and then 8,0 , like why will i pick the 1.50 when i can pick the 8.0 and get more money if i win. hope that makes sense. so these odds are just for the one team and then the other team too will have an option of like 3 to 4 odds. why will i pick the lower number odd for barcelona when i can pick the higher number odd for the same team ? hope i am making sense

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Face One Of This Opponent In Pot2(photo) / Are Manchester City Turning English Football Into A Farmer's League? / Give Away To My Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.