Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

OAU Beats 18 US Schools, Others To Win 2020 Aiche Cheme-sports Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Beats 18 US Schools, Others To Win 2020 Aiche Cheme-sports Competition (251 Views)

Nigerian Enrollment In US Schools Goes Up Yearly ―envoy / OAU Law Students Defy Odds To Win On Debut At Indian Competition / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OAU Beats 18 US Schools, Others To Win 2020 Aiche Cheme-sports Competition by Immaculate755(m): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
The students of Obafemi Awolowo University have again displayed their academic excellence. On the 15th of November, a team of students from the department of Chemical Engineering won the 2020 ChemE-Sports Competition in the Virtual Annual students Conference. The team consisted of 4 members; Akinyemi Ifeoluwa, Bello Peace, Sanni Mariam and Akomolafe David, all of whom are part 4 students of the Chemical Engineering Department.

The Competition was hosted by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers Chem-E-Sports. — (AIChE ChemE Sports). AIChE is one of the world leading organisation for chemical engineering professionals, and have more than 60,000 members from over 110 countries.The competition was about operating a simulator for a distillation plant. Competitors were to maximize production profit, safety and be smart enough to fix things that got broken during production in the shortest time possible. Twenty-two schools participated in the Competition, each school was given the window to have 2-4 members in a team. This Conference is hosted yearly, but it was virtual this year due to the Covid 19 Pandemic.

In an Interview with one the great minds behind the victory; Akinyemi Ifeoluwa, he mentioned that the team was sponsored by an international body.
"We registered for the competition and then my coursemate contacted me and two other of my mates last month and he told me he'd like to work with me. The registration fee was $55 per student, and was paid by the International body. So we went on preparing hard towards the competition. We were the only African University in the Competition. And we did our best to come out on top amongst other university like, University of Virginia, University of Texas, New Mexico State University. 22 schools participated in the competition. We were scared at first, but after the first and second round, we became confident."

The team won a cash prize of $700 and certificates, while the 2nd and 3rd got certificates only. The Conference is still being held and the prizes of the winners will be delivered to champions soon.

Source:
http://www.oaupeeps.com/2020/11/we-were-only-african-university-in.html?m=1#more

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Reliable Law Dissertation Writers? / How To Earn $10-$50 Per Day As A Student / 2 Things President Buhari Should Do To Help Student As ASUU Strike Lingers On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.