Stats: 3,195,069 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? (1955 Views)

The Importance Of Keeping Tiara Estate Ibeju Lekki On Your Mind / The Importance Of Keeping Makarios Luxury Place Estate On Your Mind / Live By The Beach For 150k Only (generator On Standby) (2) (3) (4)

Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Thebest12(m): 12:33am On Nov 18, 2020

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Bialegend(m): 12:35am On Nov 18, 2020
Zoo people. Just look at their topic to be discussed and it's quite normal for them. Yet this fool believes in one nigeria for life. Suffer heads!!

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Thebest12(m): 12:36am On Nov 18, 2020
Bialegend:
Zoo people. Just look at their topic to be discussed and it's quite normal for them. Yet this fool believes in one nigeria for life. Suffer heads!!
How does this relate to the topic

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by dawnomike(m): 12:37am On Nov 18, 2020
I had the same issues in my appartment back then in Ibadan... The landlord has good points as security is important but if your biz has to survive on you putting on your generator overnight with no other alternative - Do what is best for business.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Sunofgod(m): 12:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Lobby Nepa.......or buy an inverter......or stop your nocturnal activities

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Thebest12(m): 12:42am On Nov 18, 2020
Sunofgod:
Lobby Nepa.......or buy an inverter......or stop your nocturnal activities

What do you mean at the bolded ?
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Sunofgod(m): 12:44am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:

What do you mean at the bolded ?

Late night stuffs.......the night is for sleeping and replenishing your melanin courtesy of the moon!

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Thebest12(m): 12:46am On Nov 18, 2020
Sunofgod:

Late night stuffs.......the night is for sleeping and replenishing your melanin courtesy of the moon!
Oh really ? So how I want take make the money? I should take time I am supposed to use for hustle to sleep then tomorrow I should come to your house to beg you money and food . That's would make you happy abi

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by sinaj(f): 12:52am On Nov 18, 2020
Just explain everything you typed here to your landlord and ask him for an alternative or refund.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Thebest12(m): 12:58am On Nov 18, 2020
sinaj:
Just explain everything you typed here to your landlord and ask him for an alternative or refund.
Don't mind me I parked In last year Nov. And this month I am going to renew my rent
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

Good morning nairalanders
I parked in to this my new compound , though not so recently, when I parked in we use to have light until our street transformer got broke down and nepa have refused fixing it up since almost 7 heading to 8 months now .
I traveled and came back still the light is not yet fixed ,, as someone that depends online as a daily source of income. I mean , I hustle online . I do my business online both day and night . But the main time for my biz is midnight . Mind you not Yahoo o grin
Okay let go straight to the point. Due to the light issue I decided to buy a tiger I pass my neighbour generator. After like 2 days, my landlord came and started telling me about how they rob one man that lives in my street here 2 years ago or a year ago I don't know. Then when they reported to the police, the police told them that the reason for the robbery is because they always keep their generator on till dawn . That because of this I should be putting the generator off once it is 12 am .
Like what the fu**ck sad sad I was like how about the heat that doesn't allow me sleep at night. And how about my business. So if I don't have battery on my phone I should not do anything online or I shouldn't power my PC to work. so if I go broke will they be the one to be feeding me or to pay my house rent ? Though I obeyed him for the first time but I'm already getting pissed off with this kind of law. And I'm thinking I should start disobeying him . Because this is affecting my business seriously. Once my battery go off at night ,even when I'm have a serious negotiation with a very serious client I can't rush to on my gen for what now ?? angry angry.
So the reason why opened this thread is to hear from you people. What should I do about this situation. if I should start disobeying him and go on to be putting on my gen till dawn , am I overreacting?? Is he right on this ? Does arm robbers most place their target on people that put on generator till dawn ? Pls I need answer to this questions.

Please help, I need your suggestion. I'm already getting mad on This

His house, his rules... But you can always get an inverter battery done for a reasonable cost, at least to power your laptop and fan till morning time.

Most places nowadays are doing away with generator, especially in crowded areas so don't see it as a big deal.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by PureMe01: 1:09am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

I parked in to this my new compound , though not so recently, when I parked in we use to have light until our street transformer got broke down and nepa have refused fixing it up since almost 7 heading to 8 months now .
I traveled and came back still the light is not yet fixed ,, as someone that depends online as a daily source of income. I mean , I hustle online . I do my business online both day and night . But the main time for my biz is midnight . Mind you not Yahoo o grin
Okay let go straight to the point. Due to the light issue I decided to buy a tiger I pass my neighbour generator. After like 2 days, my landlord came and started telling me about how they rob one man that lives in my street here 2 years ago or a year ago I don't know. Then when they reported to the police, the police told them that the reason for the robbery is because they always keep their generator on till dawn . That because of this I should be putting the generator off once it is 12 am .
Like what the fu**ck sad sad I was like how about the heat that doesn't allow me sleep at night. And how about my business. So if I don't have battery on my phone I should not do anything online or I shouldn't power my PC to work. so if I go broke will they be the one to be feeding me or to pay my house rent ? Though I obeyed him for the first time but I'm already getting pissed off with this kind of law. And I'm thinking I should start disobeying him . Because this is affecting my business seriously. Once my battery go off at night ,even when I'm have a serious negotiation with a very serious client I can't rush to on my gen for what now ?? angry angry.
So the reason why opened this thread is to hear from you people. What should I do about this situation. if I should start disobeying him and go on to be putting on my gen till dawn , am I overreacting?? Is he right on this ? Does arm robbers most place their target on people that put on generator till dawn ? Pls I need answer to this questions.

It's NOT yahoo,I know. grin
Clients that are bats at night

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by providencia(m): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:

Don't mind me I parked In last year Nov. And this month I am going to renew my rent

Do not renew. I repeat do not renew just park out and go. My neighbour parked out because the landlord stipulated a time for him to put off his noisy gen. The other neighbour who recently moved to a new house also keeps his gen on virtually all the time. I hope he will get kicked out soonest. My gen don't stay on past 10 talk less of midnight. Your business should not disturbed the peace of anyone.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by illicit(m): 2:52am On Nov 18, 2020
I doubt if your landlord will compromise since he cited security reasons already....

You should relocate

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by KenOne: 3:05am On Nov 18, 2020
Guy for security reason most neighborhoods in Port Harcourt don't allow generator on after 12 midnight.

The reason is armed robbers could be robbing the next compound and nobody will know because of the sound of the generator.

In my area an estate was robbed conveniently because a tenant left his noisy generator on all through the night without neighbours knowing.

The inconvenience aspect of it is another hell no one I repeat no one will sleep until whenever you put off the generator.

If it were someone else doing it I bet you, you'll be angry.

Understand with the landlord and other tenants sake.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Juliearth(f): 3:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

Leaving your generator on all through the night is insensitive on your own path, no matter what your reasons may be. Need I remind you that the brand and size of generator you bought gives out a very high Db of noise. You could have gotten a brand like Tec junior or any of those brands with low noise formulation.

Your nightbours may not be able to complain, but trust me, they are pained. I moved out of a flat that I considered perfect ( because all the facilities I required were there) to another apartment because of this reason. My neighbour, a family man, would have his gen work all through the night and that was how I would stay awake all through the night too. By morning, my head would be banging, ringing sounds in my ear, dizziness and being that I am not used to siesta, I would carry on with my daily activities without sleep and...it was crazy, I had to move out for my own health and sanity.

PS
There was no robbery. Your neighbours may have reported the noise to the landlord and he being a wise man, figured out the story in order to drive home the point without implicating your neighbours. Please harken to this counsel. People dont have lose sleep because you are a nocturnic hustler.

AND:
Yes, leaving your generator to work all through the night is a magnet for thieves. They can break in and out without being heard.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by gaddafe(m): 3:28am On Nov 18, 2020
For security reasons I'm not sure any landlord will also allow you try this in Benin city (upper sokponba).
What the landlord said is true.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Lush100(m): 3:32am On Nov 18, 2020
You are shouting because it's not your meal.
Why should someone be asked to off generator because of what. Na wa o.
Security , u can't sleep are all excuses.
If phcn was available will there be need for this.
You guys are only seeking ur own good
Robbers will Rob whether generator or not.
Imagine I was doing my Master and I had exam on Saturday and I arrived work from.a different state to my family so I will not on the generator to read.
If I fail the exam, will the landlord reduce my rent.
It's all crap.
You all talk like this because it not ur meal,
If your "life depends on running generator in the night, I am sure your tune will change"
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by gaddafe(m): 3:58am On Nov 18, 2020
Lush100:
You are shouting because it's not your meal.
Why should someone be asked to off generator because of what. Na wa o.
Security , u can't sleep are all excuses.
If phcn was available will there be need for this.
You guys are only seeking ur own good
Robbers will Rob whether generator or not.
Imagine I was doing my Master and I had exam on Saturday and I arrived work from.a different state to my family so I will not on the generator to read.
If I fail the exam, will the landlord reduce my rent.
It's all crap.
You all talk like this because it not ur meal,
If your "life depends on running generator in the night, I am sure your tune will change"

From your countenance I see you are a student. To be frank, if my life depends on generator i will get a solar generator. There are a lot of cheap ones available e.g Lumos.
Why should you be disturbing the peace of others just to satisfy yourself. That's selfish.
And the issue of security is not rubbish. Its very real. It depends on the area you stay. It will be very bad if you decide to learn this lesson by experience

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by backnbeta(f): 5:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Nobody is allowed to leave a generator on beyond 12am in my estate and I think that's fair enough for an omoluwabiundecided

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by cassidy1996(m): 5:49am On Nov 18, 2020
pack comot from that area
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by ArticleBeast: 6:04am On Nov 18, 2020
PureMe01:

It's NOT yahoo,I know. grin
Clients that are bats at night
Some of you are dumb. And you my friend is one. I believe you don't know about difference in timezone. I work on Upwork and most of my clients are from the US or Canada with varying timezones. Next time before you post, think.

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by ArticleBeast: 6:08am On Nov 18, 2020
You want to tell us that if you charge your phone and laptop till 12, it wont last you till the next day by 5 or 7. The landlord is right in his own accord. You can get a rechargeable fan if you are bothered about heat.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Ogeneigbo1: 6:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Leaving Generator over the night is bad and annoying too.
It's a grate source of noice pollution.

We can give you a solution that will power your laptops ,tv and phones without disturbing your neighbours .

It's very affordable and reliable too.

Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Perfecttouchade: 6:13am On Nov 18, 2020
Get another apartment that will soothe u jaare..how u want take pay bills of the house? The landlord wan turn u to poor man ni?
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Nopanties: 6:14am On Nov 18, 2020
@thebest12 endeavor to read 1 thessalonian 4:11 and digest it.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by solarview(m): 7:00am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Raysleek: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2020
You would have told the landlord prior to renting the place. Some people dont like gen being put on till dawn and it's understandable. I think you should explain to the man and come to a compromise. You might not understand him and he might also not understand you till you sit down to talk.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Lush100(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Sir

No sir,
I was a student 16 years ago.
Sir, do you think if people could afford that they would buy that Chinese generator.
It is what it is. Most affordable of the lot considering Nigeria economic mishap.
Robbers will Rob once there is no adequate security. Generator is just a means to an end. It could be anything else. Knock, throwing stone, running tap, faking someone in need, anything.

student studying at night to pass his exam has done nothing wrong by putting on his generator.
If the area has adequate security, robbers will be put off.
Sir, there are hospitals near homes,
You will complain of their generator until your wife is in labor in the dead of the night,
If they now ask you if they should on the generator, " you will think what kind of foolish question is that"
Everything is about understanding not some blanket response to every issue.

Robbers have robbed where there is even light, not to talk of generator.
Just say the noise is disturbing.
By the way the new of that Chinese generator is very quiet "noisewise".

Good morning sir

gaddafe:

From your countenance I see you are a student. To be frank, if my life depends on generator i will get a solar generator. There are a lot of cheap ones available e.g Lumos.
Why should you be disturbing the peace of others just to satisfy yourself. That's selfish.
And the issue of security is not rubbish. Its very real. It depends on the area you stay. It will be very bad if you decide to learn this lesson by experience
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2020
KenOne:
Guy for security reason most neighborhoods in Port Harcourt don't allow generator on after 12 midnight.

The reason is armed robbers could be robbing the next compound and nobody will know because of the sound of the generator.

In my area an estate was robbed conveniently because a tenant left his noisy generator on all through the night without neighbours knowing.

The inconvenience aspect of it is another hell no one I repeat no one will sleep until whenever you put off the generator.

If it were someone else doing it I bet you, you'll be angry.

Understand with the landlord and other tenants sake.

This right here is my current predicament.
Tho they don't leave theirs on tru out d nite max 12 AM but I can't sleep becos of the noise from d generator.
Very terrible noise.

I'm going to meet with my neighbour soon to move his' gen to move his machine close to his flat at least that way the noise reduces.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

Oga eliminate the security threat.

The noise pollution from d generator is unbearable to ur neighbours so u shld also b considerate.

You shldnt put every other person into discomfort cos of ur own comfort that way, u will be a selfish neighbour.

If u really need power to work in the nite, get a cost friendly inverter.

Moreover if u use a good laptop, the battery shld be able to last at least 4 to 5 hrs after full charge so if u off ur gen 12 AM, u shld still b able to use ur system till 4 to 5 AM ch I expect u to also retire to sleep by then.
Re: Issue Of Keeping Generator On Till Dawn . Am I Over Reacting?? by femi4: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2020
Thebest12:
Edited pls read again .

They are right. Its part of security precaution in this part of the world.

You ll be attracting undue attention to yourself if your Gen is still on from midnight

2. Allow your neighbor to have good night rest and avoid noise pollution

SOLD OUT!!! A Standard 3 Bedroom Terrace Duplex In Ajah (the Onyx) / LUXURY 4BEDROOM FULLY DETACHED DUPLEX FOR SALE AT AGUNGI / Shops For Sale @ Ikota Shopping Complex Phase 2, N5.2m Payable 12 Months

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99