Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril (11923 Views)

Gumi: There Are 100,000 Armed Bandits In North-West, Government Should Negotiate / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Suspends 3 Senators, 5 Lawmakers, Others In Ebonyi / Defection: PDP Battles Crises In Kano, Kwara, Benue, Five Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by etrouble: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

Umahi in APC can not win a polling unit in Ebonyi State.

We APC did not beg him to come, instead, he begged us to accept him .

Secondly, your 5% vote is inconsequential in Presidential election. We proved that to you twice already. It’s just unfortunate that the two idiots we put in Aso Rock are a Fulani Cow and an Ijebu local Goat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Confirmedzombie: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2020
PDP is death is SE. I have bin tolding people that APC is to took over the SE.

God bless Umahi for a play level grand for APC in the SE.

Also, the killing of igbos in oyigbo will be another factor to dislodged PDP in the SE.

Come 2023, APC will won SE.

Imagines the illitracys above me spoken what they does no that PDP is loves in Ebonyi or SE.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by NNEWIsuper: 7:26am On Nov 18, 2020
That's what we want.. PDP can't keep taking the south east for granted for long

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by etrouble: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
PDP is death is SE. I have bin tolding people that APC is to took over the SE.

God bless Umahi for a play level grand for APC in the SE.

Also, the killing of igbos in oyigbo will be another factor to dislodged PDP in the SE.

Come 2023, APC will won SE.

Imagines the illitracys above me spoken what they does no that PDP is loves in Ebonyi or SE.

Next time, please type in your local dialect. It’s acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2020
etrouble:

He intentionally did that

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Okoroawusa: 7:43am On Nov 18, 2020
omenka:
When I created that thread about how shabbily PDP has been treating the East from 1999, and how deserving they are of the party's 2023 ticket, people like Racoon and Pachukwudi44 called me names, claiming the East doesn't deserve it (and these ones claim to be Igbo men. Wonder why they are averse to an idea such as that).

With the benefit of hindsight, I foresaw a time would come when the scales will fall from these peoples eyes and they'd see with all clarity how this party, for which they've been busting their hump since its founding, sees them as nothing but a transport vehicle. The time has indeed come finally.

It was super irritating seeing those same people who think the East deserves APC's ticket in preference to the West not make a single call for the party they prefer to zone their own ticket to the East, and go as far as threatening if that does not happen, they'd cast their ballots in favour of another Northerner come next election. They probably didn't see the clouds gathering over their heads. Now it is drizzling, and with all that cloud above, a thunderstorm would ensue in no distant time, so violent would the storm be even the toughest UMBRELLA can't provide the smallest of cover.

The days ahead will be very interesting for political watchers indeed.
A protest that I started since 2014. Even up till now my people misunderstand me. I don't want to talk too much about Umahi defection but I am glad that at last an igbo leader has seen what I saw many years ago and decided to do something about it.

Omenka my brother I don tire to dey talk for my people matter. Anyhow e wan be make e be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by authority2006(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

Be deceiving yourself.
You're now denying your heritage cos of mere 30K stipends. smh

I hate this trash, typical of empty skulls

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by authority2006(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2020
Cocobongo:
Umahi is fighting for something the Igbo's will not understand now . This is what namdi kanu should have done a while ago...

And right now, those miscreants who called themselves igbos here are really mad at him and has been calling him all sort of names. Bunch of narrow minded kids. I don't even know if dey take PDP swear for dem!

6 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by duro4chang(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2020
flyingpig:
the SE merits the ticket. They were at the forefront of PDP formation in 1998 with Ekwueme and Nwobodo. They once had 5 SE governors at a time. SE has won all presidential elections. 21years of utter loyalty and steadfastness to a party.

If loyalists are not rewarded in party games, then the aim of partisanship has been defeated. PDP does not mean well for the Igbo.
The PDP is afraid of losing their members and supporters from the north if they zone the presidency to the south east. Even Atiku will no more be committed to PDP again.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by authority2006(m): 7:57am On Nov 18, 2020
Nazgul:

He's fighting for his personal interest. He's a politician that's what all politicians do. They don't take decisions that wouldn't benefit them personally in anyway

Well, whether you and your likes are ready to face the truth or not, his move has stirred up debate and activities in PDP concerning South East 2023 presidency. That's what matters, not what you think

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by generalud: 8:04am On Nov 18, 2020
South - East is the most unorganised region in the country. All what they are after is divide and rule which cannot work. Between 1999 - 2007 when Obasanjo was the president, the igbos had the following as their Senate President ; Late Dr Chuba Okadigbo, Evans Enwerem, Adolphus Wabara as well as Anyim Pius Anyim.
For them to have a president, if and only if it will work, they have to put themselves together and speak in unison irrespective of a particular state in their region where the would - be - president may come from otherwise, he will be impeached and a muslim sworn in as the president.
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Akaujaa(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Any dialogue that's not about allotting the 2023 presidential ticket to the South East, is unacceptable. The region has been fooled enough. You can't be getting 100% votes from the region since 1999 but always push them aside when it comes to zoning of the party's presidential ticket.
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by arsenal33: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Nothing to negotiate. Zone the presidential ticket to SE

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by OfoIgbo: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

He can.

All he needs to do is to tell the Ebonyi people that PDP state governments are massacring Igbos
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Nina1999(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Good talk, u re a sincere stateman!
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by ThinkSmarter: 8:24am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

U lied, the current house of rep member rep Ikwo/Ezza South won on APC platform.
Comrade Chinedu Ogah

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by SaintBishop: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2020
Why?
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Alary: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

That's more reason why APC cannot zone their ticket to South East if PDP zones their ticket to the south east. Because if APC zones it to southeast like PDP,then they already gives PDP the president on a platter of gold. Because PDP will flog APC in the east anytime anyday irrespective of the igbo candidate APC present.
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 18, 2020
doggedfighter:
South East should put their house in order first to make negotiations easy.

We may be surprised that they may not be able support or present one candidate as it stands now. Even if an opportunity is given to them.

Which region have ever presented one candidate

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Rhapsodia: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2020
JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA

https://www.nairaland.com/6261730/aksu-suspends-student-allegedly-abusing#96162146

Let's support the movement...and front page
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by CSTRR: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Like he said, the Igbo is the back bone of the PDP.

If PDP does not give an iron clad agreement to run an Igbo in 2023, Igbos should leave the party.

Simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by okorogodwin4(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Davash222:

is like you are living in a fools paradise keep deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by ume(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2020
flyingpig:
who says I'm from ogbomosho? Come my mail let me snap and send you my voters card

Na ohaukwu LGA, ebonyi state. You go see am
so you are from ohaukwu and you are talking nonsense here,my own ohaukwu God forbide
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by showafrica(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2020
doggedfighter:

We may be surprised that they may not be able support or present one candidate as it stands now. Even if an opportunity is given to them.

South east have lost interest in Nigeria honestly. 80% of guys interest in the South east is either going abroad, or getting Biafra or make dope money from Yahoo or any other format. Nigeria is the list thing in an igbo mans mind. Wike finally destroyed everything... As it stands now both pdp and apc can go to hell.
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by kingblessed0: 9:42am On Nov 18, 2020
the Apc should as well negotiate with the south east on way forward too
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by showafrica(m): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2020
Nazgul:

He's fighting for his personal interest. He's a politician that's what all politicians do. They don't take decisions that wouldn't benefit them personally in anyway

Thank you bro, i no no when people go get sense... Politicians only fight for their stomach... Our votes are as useless as used tissue paper.
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by odeligboikwo: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2020
Ebonyi is PDP and PDP is ebonyi however what worth doing is worth doing well PDP should do the needful concerning Dave's complaints
Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:52am On Nov 18, 2020
Wow, Umahi is really very popular.
Check most social media sites and you will discover that his defection to APC has dominated discussions. Even here on nairaland, 70% of the threads in politics section is all about Umahi. If this does not show he is massively popular then I wonder what it indicates.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2020
Alary:

That's more reason why APC cannot zone their ticket to South East if PDP zones their ticket to the south east. Because if APC zones it to southeast like PDP,then they already gives PDP the president on a platter of gold. Because PDP will flog APC in the east anytime anyday irrespective of the igbo candidate APC present.

That's a highly flawed logic. Is it the South East alone that will vote in the presidential election? Even if the entire SE votes for PDP and other regions vote for APC, won't APC win?

In 1999, Yorubas unanimously voted for Olu Falae who was the flag bearer of Alliance for Democracy AD, but other Nigerians voted for PDP's Obasanjo and PDP won.

Bottom line, no particular region can decide who becomes president, rather it is a collective decision.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Bkayyy: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2020
doggedfighter:

I don't know where you people keep on getting this misinformation from.
SE, NE and NW are the three political homogeneous regions in Nigeria.
As for SW, they are a political neutral ground because they end up making no difference after cancelling each other votes.
In truth how the North manages to win elections is by maintaining the disunity in SW, that is the political neutrality and relying on the votes from NE and NW.
There has never been a time any SW favoured presidential candidate has won with more than 60 percent votes in SW while there has never been a time any SE favoured presidential candidate has won with less than 70 percent vote in SE.
I understand you people try to impose your evident disunity on another people so that it will look as if you people are not alone in infighting.
Below is a piece from last general election.

Ogun state 481,675 (59-41%) Vs Imo State 476,648 (30-70%)
Oyo state 739,437 (49.9-50.1%) Vs Anambra State 562,296 (6-94%)
Osun state 685,490 (50.1-49.9%) Vs Ebonyi state 350,379 (26-74%)
Ekiti state 373,819 (59-41%) Vs Abia state 305,776 (28-72%)
Ondo state 523,619 (47-53%) Vs Enugu state 411,715 (14-86%)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Nigerian_general_election

4 Likes

Re: Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril by Realhommie(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2020
etrouble:

Lol, you should know it was deliberate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Train Abduction: 4 Children, 2 Others Rescued from captivity / Tinubu Hails Winners’ Chapel Founder, Oyedepo At 69 / EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.