Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,073 members, 7,956,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:13 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1251 Views)

3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do? / Clearance Sales! Nice UK grade Men's Shirt At #1500 Only! / Nice Toys Bed For Kids For Sale 08029753141 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by fredwill1357(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by LawLab247: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2020
Ok
Re: . by doggedfighter(f): 7:27am On Nov 18, 2020
This kind of question
Re: . by DoubleEngine007: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2020
Most times good deeds are paid back with evil. So when doing good,just do it and don't expect pay back.. Las las the good deeds will save you one day directly or indirectly.. I still prefer helping little kids and the disabled more.. E get why...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Not anymore o, I dey harsh lately
Re: . by donbachi(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2020
Naso i carry come and if check dictionary for meaning of "nice".na my picture u go see there.
Re: . by KevinDein: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Kinda like the right thing to do, eh? The ideal is for everyone to be nice, but then there are just too many assswholes around so you should only be nice to nice people deserving of it; which, of course, means you'll only be nice a few times a week. Phew.

1 Like

Re: . by okoIYAyin(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2020
There shouldn't be any excuse for stopping being nice, smarten up if you feel some people seem to be taking advantage of you.
Re: . by RightToReject(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2020
I continually strive to be nice because I know that it's a sane thing to do. Condolement of nonsense from other people doesn't make anyone nice, but servile - so there's nothing wrong with being nice. People should stop equating niceness to servility and, by extension, should stop mistaking indulgence and condolement of nonsense from others as part of being nice.

4 Likes

Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2020
fredwill1357:
Nice people often complain about being taken advantage by others,..

Because you all love Wickedness (as The Lord said) and you are all wicked!

Even, Niceness has been used to commit frauds and all manners of Wickedness.

In summary, all these is because man in being wicked has successfully taught his fellow man to be Wicked, which in turn has successfully made this world A Very Very Wicked World!

fredwill1357:
...the question is why are you being nice?, being a former nice person, I can tell you that being nice is of the last things you want to be in this world, coupled with the fact that most good deeds comes with punishment, one way or the other, so let's reason together, why are you being nice?

I love it because I Love Only Good Things and being nice is a good thing. Further, and The Law is, "Whatsoever you sow, thou shalt take up again" and the second Law "Do unto others what you want done unto thee".

1 Like

Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2020
RightToReject:
I continually strive to be nice because I know that it's a sane thing to do. Condolement of nonsense from other people doesn't make anyone nice, but servile - so there's nothing wrong with being nice. People should stop equating niceness to servility and, by extension, should stop mistaking indulgence and condolement of nonsense from others as part of being nice.

People are wicked and they always make the error of thinking that being Nice is Weakness as Krayzie Bone would say "Mistaking my Kindness for Weakness".

Oh, what a mistake!
Re: . by RightToReject(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

People are wicked and they always make the error of thinking that being Nice is Weakness as Krayzie Bone would say "Mistaking my Kindness for Weakness".

Oh, what a mistake!

That's it. Servility is bad, yes, but crassness and opportunism don't make anyone confident/truthful and clever, respectively, but wicked. Let's all say no to servility and wickedness, and say yes to niceness, because it's a major hallmark of conscientiousness - conscientiousness is golden.
Re: . by Dtruthspeaker: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
RightToReject:

That's it. Servility is bad, yes, but crassness and opportunism don't make anyone confident/truthful and clever, respectively, but wicked. Let's all say no to servility and wickedness, and say yes to niceness, because it's a major hallmark of conscientiousness - conscientiousness is golden.

I understand your sentiments and you are Right on servility, because people are very Wicked and Stupid!

Nevertheless, I love to serve because I remember The Law- "Luke 22:24-30

24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.

25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
Re: . by RightToReject(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand your sentiments and you are Right on servility, because people are very Wicked and Stupid!

Nevertheless, I love serve because I remember The Law- 1) "Luke 22:24-30

24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.

25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Don't automatically equate serve to servility; as an adjective, servile is of or pertaining to a slave - but serving has never been about slaving. Decency, just like leadership, is a call to stay serving, not a call to be servile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
pcguru1:
Was it the reason you harshly quoted me few weeks back
Re: . by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zzor:

Was I ?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
pcguru1:

Was I ?
yes you did and I was surprised.You need to free yourself
Re: . by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
It's just my nature to be nice,i don't even know how to be otherwise,i can't stop being nice
Re: . by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zzor:

Or people should be less sensitive. I don't think I was harsh towards you.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
I'm the niceist person you can meet in real life, but people usually take me for a fool

1 Like

Re: . by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Being nice is never a problem if you're the type of person who expects nothing in return for your nice gestures.

The secret however is to ensure you know when to be nice and when not to.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
crackhaus:
Being nice is never a problem if you're the type of person who expects nothing in return for your nice gestures.

coming from someone who has no business with being nice.e shock me
Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zzor:

pcguru1:

Was I ?

Zzor:

pcguru1:

Or people should be less sensitive. I don't think I was harsh towards you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
pcguru1:

I believe you!

You nearly break bottle for my head the other day
Re: . by crackhaus: 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zzor:
coming from someone who has no business with being nice.e shock me
crackhaus:

I have no intention of being nice with/to certain people here, so it's normal you would assume I'm always like that for real...which is still fine by me grin

2 Likes

Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
I am being nice because it is part of me. I guess one can only be taken advantage of if you want to be. Being nice doesn't mean you need be gullible. Follow your mind and be nice to those your heart choose to be nice to.

4 Likes

Re: . by Hathor5(f): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
GboyegaD:
I am being nice because it is part of me. I guess one can only be taken advantage of if you want to be. Being nice doesn't mean you need be gullible. Follow your mind and be nice to those your heart choose to be nice to.

Well said!

Bad people should not change who we are and what values we hold dear. There will always be those people who mistake kindness for weakness. They will have to learn very bitter lessons or keep suffering but they should never change who we are.

1 Like

Re: . by bukatyne(f): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
fredwill1357:
Nice people often complain about being taken advantage by others, the question is why are you being nice?, being a former nice person, I can tell you that being nice is of the last things you want to be in this world, coupled with the fact that most good deeds comes with punishment, one way or the other, so let's reason together, why are you being nice?

Former nice person?

Toor!

Congratulations present unpleasant person and future nasty person.

grin
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
donbachi:
Naso i carry come and if check dictionary for meaning of "nice".na my picture u go see there.

grin cheesy
Re: . by tobechi74: 2:46am On Nov 19, 2020
Because Jesus was a sacrificial lamb and one want to be like Jesus.

Side effect of hyper religious disorder

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your Wife Curse Your Aged Parents & Refused To Apologize?? / What’s Your Brand Of Milk / I Reached Out To The Parents That Lost Their 4 Kids In Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.