Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Cross Carpeting: Umahi Wants To Become President -wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross Carpeting: Umahi Wants To Become President -wike (160 Views)

Cross Carpeting Destroying Role Of Opposition – CSO / Why South-South Should Produce Next Senate President – Wike (Video) / Wike: Umahi Wants To Be President In APC, He Should Stop Telling Lies About PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Cross Carpeting: Umahi Wants To Become President -wike by nairapark: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2020
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has alleged that David Umahi of Ebonyi State dumped the Peoples Democratic Party to the ruling All Progressives Congress in order to become the president.

Umahi on Tuesday has said the decision was made because the APC is more responsive when it comes to working in the interest of the South East zone

During a media briefing in Abakaliki, Umahi attributed his leaving to the injustice apportioned to the people of the South East despite being loyal.

In reaction to this, his Rivers State counterpart through his Special Assistant (Media), Kelvin Ebiri, on Monday, said Umahi’s claim on injustice was insulting to the South-East.

Wike noted that Umahi’s cross carpeting was not a surprise to obligated PDP members because the Ebonyi State governor had been associating with the ruling party over time.

Wike said, “My friend, Umahi wants to be president. There is no problem about that. You have a right to be president. Nobody can stop you. You are educated. You have been a governor for two terms, so you are qualified to say I want to be president of Nigeria.

“My reaction to Governor Umahi’s defection is not that he has no right to defect, but to say he is defecting because of injustice meted to the South-East that is insulting to the South-East.”

Wike however, informed his friend to revoke his false claims against the PDP.

Wike disclosed that over the years under the PDP, the South-East had produced Senate Presidents; National Vice Chairman of the PDP and Secretary to the Federal Government.

Meanwhile Umahi dismissed Wike’s claim that he was dumping the PDP to pursue a presidential bid.

Umahi said “I have been a successful governor for two terms and a successful business man in business, where I also have a calling.

“I am not driven by selfish interests but because we need to protest against marginalisation. We have benefited more from the APC government. I didn’t start this protest today. I have no regrets. In life, you have to be courageous.

“The South-East has remained faithful to PDP, voted for its candidates yet had not been considered fairly in Nigerian polity. The APC is amenable working for the South-East zone than the PDP.”

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1605687106/cross-carpeting-umahi-wants-become-president-wike

Re: Cross Carpeting: Umahi Wants To Become President -wike by Mynd44: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2020

(1)

Just In: Femi Gbajabiamila Security Shot Newspaper Vendor [video] / All SE Governors Should Join APC / Nigerian army admits to having live rounds at Lekki Toll Gate protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.