Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

"Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? (562 Views)

Davido & Chioma Join Their Family a Christmas Vacation In Carpe Verde / Carpe Diem: Olamide Pays Homage To Ekiti Comedians On Stage In USA / Headies 2019: Tacha, Mercy Or Toke Makinwa, Who Is Your Best Dressed? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by OfficialAwol(m): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
After reading a Nairalander, Iamsynord, review of Davido and Wizkid albums, I decided we should have this opportunity to rate these albums ourselves.

But before that, I must commend Iamsynord on his knowledge of the inner workings and team members of both artistes whose albums he reviewed. Knowing which producer produced which track and which sound engineer mixed which song. Again I commend his sincere judgment of the tracks. Most times I read his review of different tracks both from Davido and Wizkid, it seemed he was harvesting words from my stomach because I agree with almost all his reviews of each track.

However, I do not agree with his overall rating of both albums. I disagree that both ABT and MIL scored 7% rating. Made in Lagos should be somewhere lower in the peck. Maybe 4/10.

Again I'm surprised I've not seen his review of Olamide's Carpe Diem album, except I missed it.

Personally, I am not huge fan of Olamide as I'm not really into street songs but Carpe Diem is one album that is 'un-Olamide-like'. The features were excellent too. From the track with Omah Lay to the one with Bella Shmurda and the one with Peruzzi, everything just enter.

MY RATING:

1) A BETTER TIME

Features from international heavyweights such as Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Lil Baby and Young Thug is one of the things putting this album above it's peers.

Again, the soul lifting vibes in the album through good instrumentation and energetic delivery cannot be ingnored too.

Potential hits:
1) Holy Ground ft Nicki Minaj
2) The Best ft Mayorkun
3) On my way ft Sauti Sol
4) Jowo
People have claimed to also like Lala ft Ckay and Tanana ft Tiwa Savage while the track with Mugeez is also good.

Rating: 8/10

2) CARPE DIEM

Like I said before, this album is un-Olamide-like. Not like he hasn't sang cool songs before but apart of from Melo Melo, forgive me if I say that Olamide's songs has generally been high tempo trash. Though tracks like Bobo and Motigbana can be excused.

But in Carpe Diem, Olamide did a great comeback great songs, helped by excellent features.

Potential hits:
1) Infinity ft Omah Lay ( already a smash hit)
2) Triumphant ft Bella Shmurda
3) Disturbance ft Peruzzi.

Rating: 7/10

3 MADE IN LAGOS

After Ojulegba, the Wizkid we used to know left. And I'm sorry majority of Nigerians can't relate to this post-Ojulegba Wizkid.

This new Wizkid sleeps on a beat. None of his recent songs can lift your dampened soul. Same tempo, same laziness, no energy.

People say Davido is making noise because he's trying to give an energetic and soul-lifting delivery while Wizkid is the better singer who doesn't "shout" in songs. But check other artistes, both local and foreign, which of them gives the kind of boring delivery that Wizkid gives out?

Listen to Chris Brown's No Guidance and Go Crazy, and the energy in the song makes you wanna dance.

Listen to The Weeknd's Blinding Lights, and you hear an energetic delivery.

Listen to Wande Coal and Adenkunle Gold and their delivery on a track emits and transmits energy.

The only people who sing the way Wizkid is doing are pure RnB and Soul singers like Khalid and 6lack. But I can't remember Wizkid being of that genre.

So I am of the thinking that Wizkid fans are doing him a great disservice by not telling him the truth. Little wonder that while Davido is progressing in vocal delivery, Wizkid is regressing.

Potential hits:

1) Ginger ft Burna Boy.

Every other track is just there.

Rating: 5/10

CONCLUSION:

The judgment of art is a subjective thing, so I expect you to agree or disagree with some or most of my submission. Which is why I made you understand that this open for everyone to choose which of the album is his best.

Lalasticlala, which of the albums are playing to our little angel?
Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by Beckysexy(f): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Carpe Diem is still the best for me.
Both Davido and Wizkid albums are over hyped.

1 Like

Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by mayor1814: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
The big four really tried this year.

DAVIDO, WIZKID, OLAMIDE AND BURNA BOY. BUT TO ME THE BEST AND HOTTEST ALBUM GOES TO BURNA BOY. HE REALLY UPPED HIS MUSIC THIS YEAR.

3 Likes

Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by slawormiir: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wizkid anyday anytime twice on Wednesday

1 Like

Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by Kestolove(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Carpe diem..but wia is twice as tall?

1 Like

Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by osamz007: 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
SHEY NA BETTER TIME DEY LIFT YOUR SPIRIT I PITY THAT SPIRIT

Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by Godwin5766(m): 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=OfficialAwol post=96184626]After reading a Nairalander, Iamsynord, review of Davido and Wizkid albums, I decided we should have this opportunity to rate these albums ourselves.

But before that, I must commend Iamsynord on his knowledge of the inner workings and team members of both artistes whose albums he reviewed. Knowing which producer produced which track and which sound engineer mixed which song. Again I commend his sincere judgment of the tracks. Most times I read his review of different tracks both from Davido and Wizkid, it seemed he was harvesting words from my stomach because I agree with almost all his reviews of each track.

However, I do not agree with his overall rating of both albums. I disagree that both ABT and MIL scored 7% rating. Made in Lagos should be somewhere lower in the peck. Maybe 4/10.

Again I'm surprised I've not seen his review of Olamide's Carpe Diem album, except I missed it.

U dey mad
Re: "Carpe Diem", "A Better Time" Or "Made In Lagos", Which Is Your Best? by kingkoboko: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2020
mayor1814:
The big four really tried this year.

DAVIDO, WIZKID, OLAMIDE AND BURNA BOY. BUT TO ME THE BEST AND HOTTEST ALBUM GOES TO BURNA BOY. HE REALLY UPPED HIS MUSIC THIS YEAR.

i was even going 2ask d writer why he removed Burna Boy's Twice As Tall from this comparison. Abi na because d album beat Olamide CD, Wizkid MIL & Davido ABT? Hehehe...

4me, Fireboy's last yr album (Laughter, Tears & Goosebumps) beat d BIG FOUR hands down abeg. *salutes Fireboy*

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos, Videos Of Kiddwaya And Erica At The Salone Eviction Show In SL / Jopearl Shades Burna Boy's Girlfriend, Stefflon Don... / Rudeboy Shares Video Of His Colleagues Sleeping On A Private Jet. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.