Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,503 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch (617 Views)

DJ Switch To CNN: Nigeria Is A Dictatorship With A Democratic Face / Bashir El-Rufai On #EndSARS: Nigeria Does Not Begin In Lagos & Ends In Abuja / #EndSARS: Nigeria May Lose INTERPOL Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ever since Obianuju Catherine Udeh popularly known as DJ Switch recorded the shooting at the Lekki Toll Gate by the Nigerian army on October 20, 2020, she has been in the eye of the storm.

In a recent interview with CNN’s Becky Anderson over the shootings at the Lekki Toll Gate, DJ Switch described the regime of the President Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) as a dictatorship with a democratic face.

She said, “I do not hold what the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria says to heart. Nigeria is a dictatorship with a democratic face. I think that is primarily to please the international community. It is our right to protest for the change that we demand. This government has used force from the beginning.

“They started with infiltrating a peaceful protest with things but that did not work. Then they moved to bring the military in. So, the same government that says that it has banned SARS for close to four years are saying that it wants to have a dialogue. The president has not even addressed the incident that happened at the Toll Gate so I do not take his words to heart. They must show accountability.”

Switch seized the opportunity to challenge the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to speak the truth about what happened at the Lekki Toll Gate.

“With no due respect, I actually challenge the governor of Lagos State to just say the truth. They know the truth and they have confliction stories with each other. Nigerians have died and this is not a time to play games. Families are looking for their loved ones. To be honest with you in regards to me, I do not know how to feel because on one hand, I am grateful that I am alive today but on the other hand I don’t know if to say I am lucky because it seems that the others were not lucky. The governor owes a responsibility to the citizen of Lagos State to say the truth,” the disc jockey said.

While recalling the incident, Udeh, described it as the worst experience of her life. “What I experienced that day was the worst experience of my life. The Nigerian army that is supposed to protect us came with no warning; none. There was no representative to speak to us. We heard gunshots from behind the Toll Gate because we were at the other side of the Toll Gate. We heard the gunshots and people were running so what we did was to sit down, stay still and wave our flags.

“We believed that if we waved our flags, they would know that we were not there to cause any harm but to express our rights. There was no warning, they just started shooting and people were just dropping. I cannot explain that it was just a chaotic scene that most times, I find it difficult to close my eyes without seeing those things,” she said.

DJ Switch told Anderson that after the army had left, the police surfaced. “After they left, the Nigeria Police came, SARS to be precise. From the uniforms we could see especially a man that wore white, I don’t know who he was but he had a pistol. He was just shooting at us and we had to run for our lives. That is the short story,” she said.

https://punchng.com/endsars-nigeria-practices-dictatorship-with-democratic-face-dj-switch/

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44...Dele Momodu said the same thing, Nigeria is ruled by the Mafia.

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by RedPhoenix: 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Go Switch

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Go Switch
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by RuddyFusion(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
One day they all will be held accountable for 20:10:2020 event .....in this life and beyond

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by 4four(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
My short prayer go like this: to every body calling the massacre that took place at lekki toll gate lie or acting or Photoshop, may that kind of lie or acting or Photoshop befall him or her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nothing but d truth she said.
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by blafulfillersck: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
That"s correct
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Bkayyy: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
This DJ Switch girl will not keep quiet before they chase her out of Earth. They chased her out of Nigeria and she is still talking
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bkayyy:
This DJ Switch girl will not keep quiet before they chase her out of Earth. They chased her out of Nigeria and she is still talking
Oga don't worry about her. She is save where she's.
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bkayyy:
Shut up nah u give am mouth Shame on you for be at peace with ur oppressor ....slave mentality kill u der angry

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Jesse25:

Shut up nah u give am mouth Shame on you for be at peace with ur oppressor ....slave mentality kill u der angry
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by jlinkd78(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thank you darling
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bkayyy:

You're a big fool.

Keep quiet.

Imagine this woman man.

Others are trying to librate you and you're here talking nonsense.

You should be ashamed of answering a man.

2 Likes

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by hakeem4(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bkayyy:
why should she shut up?
Is she not entitled to freedom of speech again?
What right does the government have to kill her ?
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Racoon(m): 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
“Most men can survive adversity but if you want to test the character of a man, give him power.” -
Abraham Lincoln.

“Those entrusted with power have over time converted it to tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson.

"..Tyrants have always shown some slight shade of virtue; they support the laws before destroying them..." -Voltaire.

"...When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime." -James Madison(US President 1809-1817)
"....When it comes to rule of law, sensitive Nigerians will agree that the Buhari's government has no iota of respect for the law.No respect for court injunctions.

There is brazen disobedience for due process, stifling of press freedom,arrest of oppositions on trump up charges and abuse of human rights through the use of coercive apparatus of the state.Millions of Nigerians are living in fear because of state intimidation. We have return to the days of military junta....."
http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/05/femi-adesina-mammoth-failure-administration-should-knock-you-all-coma-600-years-kalu
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Las las na me go marry Dj switch.
Na this girl supposed to be called AMAZON.

If djcuppy no take time djswitch go displace am from my "crush-on" register. grin
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Bkayyy: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
NATIONALPASTOR:

You're a big fool.

Keep quiet.

Imagine this woman man.

Others are trying to librate you and you're here talking nonsense.

You should be ashamed of answering a man.

I don't know why your comment is so funny.
I really LOL while reading it grin

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by onoms4luv(m): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
No matter what we will come out stronger. God bless you Dj Switch
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enjoy your little fame.

Soon and very soon, it will be over
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Enjoy your little fame
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Elvictor: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
a lot of people don't know we are practicing military system of government with turn by turn, democracy kill ona.
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=96189844][/quote

For sayingthe truth, jesus christ was crucified.
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by NGpatriot: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
She sounds juts like the countless ignorant and unintelligent an ti Nigerian Igbos here on NL.
Re: Endsars: Nigeria Practices Dictatorship With Democratic Face- DJ Switch by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
NGpatriot:
She sounds juts like the countless ignorant and unintelligent an ti Nigerian Igbos here on NL.

Hmm for u

(1) (Reply)

History. 156KM Lagos Ibadan Railway Started And Completed In Less Than 3 Years. / The Fulani Are Bitting More They Can Chew / JUST IN!!! Crises Rock Ebonyi APC As Leadership Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.