Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy (1489 Views)

2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Sowore Reacts To Wike's Declaration For President / Nigerians React As Tinubu Informs Buhari Of His Presidential Ambition In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by BlueBanana: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good evening guys. I will like share here my thoughts on the political power play and how Nyesom Wike absolving himself from the Igbo puts his political ambition in jeopardy

I'm not the one to make threads or engage in the political back and forths here especially in this forum as it is sullied with tribalism and ethno religious jingoism. However, I couldn't help but make a thread on this interesting topic.

Okay here it goes, so we all know Nyesom Wike has been hinting on contesting for the presidential election in 2023 under the umbrella of the Umbrella party( PDP).

And we also know how The Ohaneze Ndi Igbo under the leadership of James Nwobodo has been clamouring and insisting on IGBO presidency

Also, During the South East Leaders' Meetingwhich was telecasted on TVC, on the way forward after the #EndSARS protests and the massacre on Obigbo . James Nwobodo who was there representing the Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, drummed support for Wike towards the end of the meeting with a jingle " Wike k'anyi ga eso, Wike k'anyi ga eso, ma o na eje eje ma o na ala ala Wike k'anyi ga eso" translating to Wike we will follow, Wike we will follow, whether he's going forward or backward, Wike we will follow" With this, it was clear to all that Nwobodo and the Ohaneze are in support of Wike as President.

Well here are the connecting dots that I want to bring to limelight. This is the part where things get messy for . Wike has publicly stated that he's not Igbo, after widespread rumours of him being an Igbo who changed his name to absolve himself from the Tribe.

This may look like a little thing but this puts Wike's relationship with Ohaneze in jeopardy as The Ohaneze can no longer support him because Ohaneze is advocating for Igbo presidency and since Wike isn't Igbo he won't receive the support of Ohaneze and other Igbo groups who champion the same dreams as Ohaneze ( An Igbo Presidency)

Ohaneze currently has no option but to declare their support for Umahi has he's the only Igbo that has shown interest in being President

Yeah, so here it is my observation of what's been going on on our political universe.

Note: I'm not in any way saying Wike is Igbo, I know he's Ikwerre. I'm just analysing the effect of his declaration on his Presidential Ambition
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by RedPhoenix: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
The SS isn't the SE's stoogee.

The SS won't compromise on it's outlook on life to fulfill some misguided elements fantasies on how to live our life.

The SS will choose it's livelihoods, perspectives and narratives itself without any projection of thought and narrative by any outside element

If the SS isn't engaged with on mutually beneficial terms or respectable terms, then they can get lost. Forget oil, the bordering ocean is power. Ships will be built and needs would be imported from all across the world

Russia non GMO wheat

CUBA fruits and vegetables

Beef from europe

Yam and cassava from Asia, Philippines and the likes

Red oil from Malaysia

All sort of industrial chemicals from Indonesia, South Korea

Beef and meats from Australia

Milk from New Zealand

Machine industrial parts from Eastern Europe and South Korea

Paper and soft wood from Brazil and temperates

Rice from Asia

The list is endless

SS is King grin

Mind you, the SS will impose hefty fines on those who try to use her water ways for anything. Hefty fines that'll make them pay through the nose.

Nonsense cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by uBuNiT: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
James Nwobodo

1 Like

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by caski: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
wonderful
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by Heartbender: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
I don't understand what you mean by "absolving himself from the Igbo".
He is Ikwerre, not Igbo. Same way we have Arabs and Jews
He is a Nigerian, not a Biafran.
He is from the South-South and not the Southeast.
He isn't fighting Igbos. He isn't hating on them. What's the problem here?

2 Likes

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by ProT: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ohaneze under the leadership of JAMES NWOBODO..

Who da heck bears JAMES NWOBODO?

2 Likes

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by Kevsmart88(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
I just hope you're not of Igbo heritage to pen this jargon. Wike is ikwerre and that's it. Amaechi says he's Igbo, that's his business. Enough of all this nonsense pls. Wike this, wike that. Can you mention wike alongside notable ibo heroes past? This is becoming stale honestly. I feel so ashamed reading all these from my supposed tribes men online. O gini bikonu?

1 Like

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by ProT: 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Op, please drop this "Wike, Igbo yhen yhen yhen."

Wike is NOT Igbo!
Ikwerre is Ikwerre, NOT Igbo!

Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group that lost her culture, then adopted the Igbo culture (especially, their names).

The best the Igbo should do is to encourage the Ikwerre ethnic group to work to drop Igbo (Igbo-sounding) names; it is achievable (say in 50 to 70years time) if the Ikwerre start naming their children English names.

By bearing Igbo-sounding names, the Ikwerre betrays her true stance, and portrays herself as Igbo, which they are NOT!
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by 24SEVEN: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
ProT:
Op, please drop this "Wike, Igbo yhen yhen yhen."

Wike is NOT Igbo!
Ikwerre is Ikwerre, NOT Igbo!

Ikwerre is a distinct ethnic group that lost her culture, then adopted the Igbo culture (especially, their names).

The best the Igbo should do is to encourage the Ikwerre ethnic group to work to drop Igbo (Igbo-sounding) names; it is achievable (say in 50 to 70years time) if the Ikwerre start naming their children English names.

By bearing Igbo-sounding names, the Ikwerre betrays her true stance, and portrays herself as Igbo, which they are NOT!

Can you differentiate the Scottish from the English? they speak same language and bear same similarities.
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by AlexBells(m): 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
24SEVEN:

Can you differentiate the Scottish from the English? they speak same language and bear same similarities.
Scots speaks Scottish,
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by Bighead5: 5:03am On Nov 19, 2020
BlueBanana:
Good evening guys. I will like share here my thoughts on the political power play and how Nyesom Wike absolving himself from the Igbo puts his political ambition in jeopardy

I'm not the one to make threads or engage in the political back and forths here especially in this forum as it is sullied with tribalism and ethno religious jingoism. However, I couldn't help but make a thread on this interesting topic.

Okay here it goes, so we all know Nyesom Wike has been hinting on contesting for the presidential election in 2023 under the umbrella of the Umbrella party( PDP).

And we also know how The Ohaneze Ndi Igbo under the leadership of James Nwobodo has been clamouring and insisting on IGBO presidency

Also, During the South East Leaders' Meetingwhich was telecasted on TVC, on the way forward after the #EndSARS protests and the massacre on Obigbo . James Nwobodo who was there representing the Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, drummed support for Wike towards the end of the meeting with a jingle " Wike k'anyi ga eso, Wike k'anyi ga eso, ma o na eje eje ma o na ala ala Wike k'anyi ga eso" translating to Wike we will follow, Wike we will follow, whether he's going forward or backward, Wike we will follow" With this, it was clear to all that Nwobodo and the Ohaneze are in support of Wike as President.

Well here are the connecting dots that I want to bring to limelight. This is the part where things get messy for . Wike has publicly stated that he's not Igbo, after widespread rumours of him being an Igbo who changed his name to absolve himself from the Tribe.

This may look like a little thing but this puts Wike's relationship with Ohaneze in jeopardy as The Ohaneze can no longer support him because Ohaneze is advocating for Igbo presidency and since Wike isn't Igbo he won't receive the support of Ohaneze and other Igbo groups who champion the same dreams as Ohaneze ( An Igbo Presidency)

Ohaneze currently has no option but to declare their support for Umahi has he's the only Igbo that has shown interest in being President

Yeah, so here it is my observation of what's been going on on our political universe.

Note: I'm not in any way saying Wike is Igbo, I know he's Ikwerre. I'm just analysing the effect of his declaration on his Presidential Ambition

Wike has no business with 5%. Besides, 5% are bad luck. Anyöne they support in an election always lose. They did it to OJUKWU, SARAKI, DINO MELAYE, ATIKU, GOODLUCK JONATHAN and now they did same to DONALD TRUMP. grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by BREYZ: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2020
BlueBanana:

Who is this fool? Young man please channel your energy to something productive and stop being an ass hole. South East should go and produce their president if they want just leave wike alone, he said he's not Ibo so let him be.
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by 24SEVEN: 5:39am On Nov 19, 2020
AlexBells:
Scots speaks Scottish,
What is come in scottish and what is come in English?
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Pure lie

Glenn, fraser, Ailbert are scottish names and different one at that. So the young man is right in his state.

Ikwerre is Ikwerre and has no single similarities to Igbos in anyway.

I think it is high time you desist from making statements or comparisons aimed at deceiving people.

Not long it was stated that Amaechi as a name can look same but different meaning. Igbo amaechi means who knows tomorrow. In ikwerre I learnt amaechi means child of his gods/fathers compound. (ama and chi)

Again wike said that his name means small pikin and in Igbo wike means child of strength.

So using scottish and English is totally different. Many misinformation on nairaland these days is irritating..
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by Kinematics: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2020
Juliusmalema:

[s]Pure lie

Glenn, fraser, Ailbert are scottish names and different one at that. So the young man is right in his state.

Ikwerre is Ikwerre and has no single similarities to Igbos in anyway.

I think it is high time you desist from making statements or comparisons aimed at deceiving people.

Not long it was stated that Amaechi as a name can look same but different meaning. Igbo amaechi means who knows tomorrow. In ikwerre I learnt amaechi means child of his gods/fathers compound. (ama and chi)

Again wike said that his name means small pikin and in Igbo wike means child of strength.

So using scottish and English is totally different. Many misinformation on nairaland these days is irritating..[/s]

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by nazicartel(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2020
Any small issue some people start raining insults on Igbos. I'm always surprised with the type of Youths we have now. Anyway I don't know why people calls Ikwerre people Igbo. They ain't Igbo for goodness sake, why can't we leave them, these people are very small nah. My cousin married from there and I have many friends from there, when you see them arguing how they're Igbo and how they are not Igbo amongst themselves, you'll know they're confused too... Infact the whole country ain't in peace anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by helinues: 7:05am On Nov 19, 2020
Na on this NL we kuku been dey advised Wike to tread carefully but his loose mouth won't allow him.

He is just causing more trouble for himself with his utterances

1 Like

Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by helinues: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

You won't even understand Scottish when speaking English due to their accents...

So , they are very easy to differentiate
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by helinues: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2020
13thirteen:
[s][/s]

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 1
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by AlexBells(m): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

What is come in scottish and what is come in English?
What is Scottish in English and what is English in Sotish
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2020
I don't even get this your write up, did gov wike tell you or say he is coming out to contest as president in 2023? did ohanaze say wike is representing them earlier?

Gov wike is routing for gov tambuwa of sokoto state as president while he may take the vice president post or less via for a senatorial post.

but PDP will still zone it to the NORTH which Atiku is favoured but there vice will be calculated on what the south west will react to and who APC will bring as president.
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by revolt(m): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2020
AlexBells:

Scots speaks Scottish,
he doesn't know loooolll. ..
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by ProT: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2020
24SEVEN:

Before I answer this question, I would like u to tell me the language spoken by these people.
Re: How Wike's Declaration, Puts His Presidential Ambition In Jeopardy by EastisBae: 9:53am On Nov 19, 2020
RedPhoenix:
[s]The SS isn't the SE's stoogee.

The SS won't compromise on it's outlook on life to fulfill some misguided elements fantasies on how to live our life.

The SS will choose it's livelihoods, perspectives and narratives itself without any projection of thought and narrative by any outside element

If the SS isn't engaged with on mutually beneficial terms or respectable terms, then they can get lost. Forget oil, the bordering ocean is power. Ships will be built and needs would be imported from all across the world

Russia non GMO wheat

CUBA fruits and vegetables

Beef from europe

Yam and cassava from Asia, Philippines and the likes

Red oil from Malaysia

All sort of industrial chemicals from Indonesia, South Korea

Beef and meats from Australia

Milk from New Zealand

Machine industrial parts from Eastern Europe and South Korea

Paper and soft wood from Brazil and temperates

Rice from Asia

The list is endless

SS is King grin

Mind you, the SS will impose hefty fines on those who try to use her water ways for anything. Hefty fines that'll make them pay through the nose.

Nonsense cheesy[/s]

Trash from a myopic mind. You will impose fine on ships passing through a natural international waterways? Lol, this one is suffering from ignorance. Did you build a canal there that would make you to toll ships passing through an international waterway? Such can only happen in places like Seuz Canal or Panama canal where the government of those countries built canals that cost them billions of dollars.

Secondly, the so-called SS has lots of indigenous Igbos especially in Delta and Rivers states, so when you talk about SS always remember that.

The day you try nonsense with ships passing through an international waterway is the day you will understand that Igbos are not your mates. Even if Nigeria breaks now, you will have nothing on Igbos/Biafra because we will always have an edge over you minorities. While we in Biafra will have stability and focus to pursue our technological and industrial revolution, you guys in your Babel republic will always be on the edge trying to pacify your mammoth tribes and it will be a miracle if the Babel republic doesn't decend into a civil war that will be worse than that of South Sudan.

We in Biafra will simply go into partnership with Equitorial Guinea and use their seaport as a transloading bay for big ships that can't navigate through the River Niger to Onitsha or Obehie.

Obigbo will always come with us, and that will automatically mean we will be 5 minutes away from P.H your capital thus making abrupt invasion of your Babel country easy. On the other hand, Biafra can even decide to fight a proxy war with you guys by supporting any disgruntled tribe to fight a rebellion.

The only thing that is making you feel you can challenge the Igbos is because Nigeria is Igbophobic and they're encouraging minorities against Igbos but that won't be the case again once boundaries are redrawn.

(1) (Reply)

Abdulrazaq Moves Against Tinubu In Kwara, Splits Apc Into Two Factions / Minister of communication under watch list for TERRORISM / Nigerian Innovation Strategist Becomes Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.