Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents (14670 Views)

Army Releases 102 Obigbo Residents Detained Since November 2020 (Full List) / Attack On Edwin Clark: Don’t Jeopardize Igbo Relationships, Ohanaeze Warns IPOB / 63 Obigbo Residents Regain Freedom After 4 Months In Dungeons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by freshvine(f): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2020
ediko5:
There's nothing like Obigbo, the constitutional and correct name of the LGA is Oyigbo, take note.

Whether Oyi or Obi it's still Igboland. The place is still called obigbo which is it's traditional name.
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by oluwaahmed: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2020
U had to wait a whole 2 weeks before raising the issue? Fools...
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by weyreypey: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2020
freshvine:

Whether Oyi or Obi it's still Igboland. The place is still called obigbo which is it's traditional name.
Madam you like dragging o
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by oluwaahmed: 7:52am On Nov 19, 2020
Lanre0:
The IPOB kill Security personel & destroyed propertes in Lagos & River state while leaving South East untouched with Ekweremadu & other super thieves. Are they not calling for another civil war?

Am sorry to say this but you too daft, and you no get sense. So igbos come destroy and loot their own businesses in Lagos? Or na igbos been dey speak the konk yoruba for oba Palace? Odèninie sha...
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by GeoNyke: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2020
Please, when has Oyigbo turned to be an Igbo territory. While I condemn the harrasment of innocent resident by the military as alleged.
Does this calls from Igbos vindicating the Rivers State Governor that IPOB is responsible for the destruction of Police stations, courts and killing of security men?
The Gov. could have watched all this happening and fold his hands?
There are thousands of Igbos living and going about their normal businesses.
You People should stop all this nonsense less it turns ethnic problems.
You People has forgotten Python dance so soon and started romancing with the same govt.
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Nwaotu10(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2020
ediko5:
There's nothing like Obigbo, the constitutional and correct name of the LGA is Oyigbo, take note.

Come to obigbo and say this trash.

Abobis go use your head shine!
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Nwaotu10(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2020
GeoNyke:
Please, when has Oyigbo turned to be an Igbo territory. While I condemn the harrasment of innocent resident by the military as alleged.
Does this calls from Igbos vindicating the Rivers State Governor that IPOB is responsible for the destruction of Police stations, courts and killing of security men?
The Gov. could have watched all this happening and fold his hands?
There are thousands of Igbos living and going about their normal businesses.
You People should stop all this nonsense less it turns ethnic problems.
You People has forgotten Python dance so soon and started romancing with the same govt.

Obigbo is an Igbo territory, and there's nothing you can do about that.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Omoslim26: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2020
freshvine:

Oga if the people say they are not i gbos then they are not as a typical owerri man i only know Imo Abia Enugu Anambra Ebonyi as igbo I wonder how you guys tink its possible to force a group to belong to Igbo
this is one of the many reasons why Ipob can never get general acceptance in igboland making and looking for trouble everywhere and anywhere is their trademark

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by mystical109(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2020
Omoslim26:

Oga if the people say they are not i gbos then they are not as a typical owerri man i only know Imo Abia Enugu Anambra Ebonyi as igbo I wonder how you guys tink its possible to force a group to belong to Igbo
this is one of the many reasons why Ipob can never get general acceptance in igboland making and looking for trouble everywhere and anywhere is their trademark
If you don't know what to say, just read comments and go. I have read other people air their opinions but you started like you know what you are about to say. So if the government wakes up tomorrow and create another state, let's say, some part of Imo and some part of Rivers state and then cede it to South south, so automatically those people are no longer Igbo . There are Igbos in Rivers and Delta, I don't know of Bayelsa but someone told me that there are also Igbos in Bayelsa. There is a reason history is not being taught in schools
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Bkayyy: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2020
Omoslim26:

We are talking about Oyigbo/Obigbo not ikwerre/Ikarre and the people have never denied their Heritage. The current king is Nwaji not Waji like their Ikarre counterpart.
Always talk in what concerns you
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Omoslim26: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2020
mystical109:
If you don't know what to say, just read comments and go. I have read other people air their opinions but you started like you know what you are about to say. So if the government wakes up tomorrow and create another state, let's say, some part of Imo and some part of Rivers state and then cede it to South south, so automatically those people are no longer Igbo . There are Igbos in Rivers and Delta, I don't know of Bayelsa but someone told me that there are also Igbos in Bayelsa. There is a reason history is not being taught in schools

Ok well said but the people say they do not want to be affiliated to igbo i have frnds in ikwerre and they dont even fancy being called igbos
so why not let them be

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by mystical109(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Omoslim26:

I don't know where you live but I can assure you that IPOB is the strongest group in Igboland. I'm not pro IPOB but I strongly believe that Biafra is the only solution and Nnamdi Kanu is more intelligent than 95% of the leaders we have in Nigeria. Only a fool will say that people who speak the same language,bear the same name and have the same culture are not brothers. I currently reside in Portharcourt and I can attest to you that what those people speak is Igbo, then I have lived in Delta state, Ubiaruku to be specific, what they speak is Igbo and they even bear Igbo names. My friends name is Uche, biko what does Uche mean in any other language
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Omoslim26: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2020
mystical109:
I don't know where you live but I can assure you that IPOB is the strongest group in Igboland. I'm not pro IPOB but I strongly believe that Biafra is the only solution and Nnamdi Kanu is more intelligent than 95% of the leaders we have in Nigeria. Only a fool will say that people who speak the same language,bear the same name and have the same culture are not brothers. I currently reside in Portharcourt and I can attest to you that what those people speak is Igbo, then I have lived in Delta state, Ubiaruku to be specific, what they speak is Igbo and they even bear Igbo names. My friends name is Uche, biko what does Uche mean in any other language

well I cant berate you for your opinion
i.am igbo but i dont subscribe to the pattern of ipob
and if a people tell you they are not igbos
wat then is the essence of making a fuss about it its their choice to make

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by mystical109(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2020
Omoslim26:

Ok well said but the people say they do not want to be affiliated to igbo i have frnds in ikwerre and they dont even fancy being called igbos
so why not let them be
Who are the people. That is why Nnamdi Kanu has been clamouring for referendum. if a referendum is conducted and they vote against joining Biafra then so be it. If not for MNK I wouldn't have known that a part of Adamawa was formerly a Cameroun territory. They decided to join Nigeria by referendum. This things are not that hard but the Nigerian government are making it seem so
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by mystical109(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2020
Omoslim26:

well I cant berate you for your opinion
i.am igbo but i dont subscribe to the pattern of ipob
and if a people tell you they are not igbos
wat then is the essence of making a fuss about it its their choice to make
Who are these people that said they are not Igbos?. It's just like when a question is asked online, "will you slap your mom for 20million",it's very easy to answer online but when it is actually meant, then u will know it's not easy. No right thinking Ikwerre born will choose Nigeria over Biafra
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by smsinnigeria(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2020
smsinnigeria:

Your are trying to alter history which is not possible. There is nothing like oyigbo. This was an attempt by man to change his identity.
chrisxxx:

The surprise of all these is that Oyigbo indigenes say their land is called Oyigbo, Igbo migrants say the place is called Obigbo.
Obigbo supposed to be part of Abia state. That area is naturally Igbo territory not Igbo migrants. The indigenes are of Igbo origin. What will you say about etche, Obi akpor , omuma etc these are big LGA s in Rivers State that are Igbo territory. Go and read and tell me the indigenous language of Obigbo people. Tell me the meaning of Chibuike Amechi former Governor or Uche secondus.the PDP national chairman is from Rivers State. Which language are these names from.
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by chrisxxx(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2020
smsinnigeria:
Obigbo supposed to be part of Abia state. That area is naturally Igbo territory not Igbo migrants. The indigenes are of Igbo origin. What will you say about etche, Obi akpor , omuma etc these are big LGA s in Rivers State that are Igbo territory. Go and read and tell me the indigenous language of Obigbo people. Tell me the meaning of Chibuike Amechi former Governor or Uche secondus.the PDP national chairman is from Rivers State. Which language are these names from.
You wrote this in English is your homestead English territory?
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by mystical109(m): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
chrisxxx:

You wrote this in English is your homestead English territory?
wow.....just wow. Nigeria really dealt with this one. So people become who they are by government declaration .your tribe is who you are sir
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Dedetwo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
chrisxxx:
There is no place called Obigbo in Rivers State.

Shut up your putrid mouth. It was Obigbo before Rivers State was even born. If there is no place called Obigbo therefore there is no Rivers State.
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Dedetwo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
chrisxxx:

The surprise of all these is that Oyigbo indigenes say their land is called Oyigbo, Igbo migrants say the place is called Obigbo.

HRH Eze Nwogu, Eze Oha 1 of Obigbo refused to have his community ceded to Rivers State in 1976. Instead he relocated to Owaza in Ukwa West LGA in order not to live under Rivers State. The sign post of Oyigbo for Obigbo came in 1977 when Obigbo was part of Bori LGA. It is funny so-called minorities in Nigeria tend to shout about be dominated but would not waste a minute to grab another peoples' land when given slight opportunity. The only migrants in Obigbo are useless characters in your form.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Danzakidakura(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2020
Majestie:
Ohanaeze ndi oshi [s][/s]
gindin uwarka
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Danzakidakura(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sarmiz24:
Rubbish
I have never seen SE youths abusing Afanifere or ACF but here are Yoruba and Hausa Muslims youths are busy abusing ibo leaders. It's time SE youths should d fend their leaders
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by goodlife4every1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
obami007:
No region should be treated with disdain

We are all Nigerians

Then people should learn to behave well when they go to other people's region... Respect the owners of the land and obey constitutional authorities... A lot of IPOB members from the Igbo extraction constitute nuisance in Rivers State, hosting IPOB flags everywhere in the state even when the governor has spoken against their act...
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by obami007(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
goodlife4every1:

Then people should learn to behave well when they go to other people's region... Respect the owners of the land and obey constitutional authorities... A lot of IPOB members from the Igbo extraction constitute nuisance in Rivers State, hosting IPOB flags everywhere in the state even when the governor has spoken against their act...

I agree with you

But, the problem of IPOB is actually root deeper than we all see. The fed govt needs to find out what they truly want.

Trying to subdue them by using the military will only harden them

Check how boko haram started.

The govt should thread carefully as the ipobians are actually resilient.
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Sarmiz24(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Danzakidakura:
I have never seen SE youths abusing Afanifere or ACF but here are Yoruba and Hausa Muslims youths are busy abusing ibo leaders. It's time SE youths should d fend their leaders
I’m a Nigerian so I have the right to abuse any leaders who are not doing well no matter the region so now carry ur tribalism to some one else I’m not into that shiit
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Danzakidakura(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
Sarmiz24:

I’m a Nigerian so I have the right to abuse any leaders who are not doing well no matter the region so now carry ur tribalism to some one else I’m not into that shiit
you will soon cry when they attack skull miners
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by Sarmiz24(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Danzakidakura:
you will soon cry when they attack skull miners
Lol u people problem is u tink u know others region by thier comments, lol if u know me on here u can’t predict my region base on comment aswear cuz me I dey attack all bad leaders in every region na u know Wetin u Dey try achieve wit ur tribalism sha
Re: Ohanaeze Warns Nigerian Army Against Further Molestation Of Obigbo Residents by SuperStriker: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
rhythyson:
We don't have any place called Obigbo in Rivers State.
What we have is Oyigbo.

Ohaneze take note and mind your business.

Rivers is not South East

Are you aware that Obigbo used to be part of Imo state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamilekan Adegbite: Ajaokuta Steel Company Will Be Completed Soon / Kaduna Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe El-Rufai / Adeniyi Oyebade Indicted Of Shi'ite Killing By Kaduna Judicial Panel Of Inquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.