Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State (2084 Views)

PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Another Democratic Coup Have Produced Saraki As Senate President. / Buhari - Nigeria's Head of State 1983-1985 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
North-West: 13 years (approx)

• General M. Mohammed: 29 July 1975– - 13 February 1976
• Alhaji Shehu Shagari: 1 October 1979– - 31 December 1983
• General M. Buhari: 31 December 1983 - –27 August 1985
•General Sani Abacha: 17 November 1993 -– 8 June 1998
•Umaru Musa Yar'Adua: 29 May 2007 – 5 May 2010

North-East: 5 years (approx)

•Sir Abubakar Tafa Balewa: 1 October 1960 - –15 January 1966

North Central: 18 years (approx)

•General Yakubu Gowon: 29 July 1966 - –29 July 1975
•General Ibrahim Babangida  27 August 1985 - –26 August 1993
•General Abdulsalami Abubakar: 9 June 1998 - –29 May 1999

South-West: 12 years (approx)

•General  Olusegun Obasanjo: 14 February 1976 - –1 October 1979
•Chief Ernest Shonekan: 26 August 1993 - –17 November 1993
• General  Olusegun Obasanjo: 29 May 1999 – 29 May 2007

South-East: SIX MONTHS - Excluding the 5 year period as head of government

•Dr Namdi Azikwe: First Governor General,  1 October 1960– - 1 October 1963;
President, 1 October 1963– - 15 January 1966
(both positions were not as theleader of government)
•General  Aguyi Ironsi: 15 January  1966– - 29 July 1966

South-South: 10 months
•Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan: 6 May 2010 to present

It is very clear, which region continues to produce the most head of states, yet some mindless sheep continue to support people from this region.

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by ekubear1: 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2011
Obasanjo is an Igboman, write down his 12 years for the SE  grin tongue wink
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by seanet02: 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

North-West: 13 years (approx)

• General M. Mohammed: 29 July 1975– - 13 February 1976
• Alhaji Shehu Shagari: 1 October 1979– - 31 December 1983
• General M. Buhari: 31 December 1983 - –27 August 1985
•General Sani Abacha: 17 November 1993 -– 8 June 1998
•Umaru Musa Yar'Adua: 29 May 2007 – 5 May 2010

North-East: 5 years (approx)

•Sir Abubakar Tafa Balewa: 1 October 1960 - –15 January 1966

North Central: 18 years (approx)

•General Yakubu Gowon: 29 July 1966 - –29 July 1975
•General Ibrahim Babangida  27 August 1985 - –26 August 1993
•General Abdulsalami Abubakar: 9 June 1998 - –29 May 1999

South-West: 12 years (approx)

•General  Olusegun Obasanjo: 14 February 1976 - –1 October 1979
•Chief Ernest Shonekan: 26 August 1993 - –17 November 1993
• General  Olusegun Obasanjo: 29 May 1999 – 29 May 2007

South-East: SIX MONTHS - [s]Excluding the 5 year period as head of government[/s]

•Dr Namdi Azikwe: First Governor General,  1 October 1960– - 1 October 1963;
President, 1 October 1963– - 15 January 1966
([s]both positions were not as theleader of government)[/s]
•General  Aguyi Ironsi: 15 January  1966– - 29 July 1966

South-South: 10 months
•Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan: 6 May 2010 to present

It is very clear, which region continues to produce the most head of states, yet some mindless sheep continue to support people from this region.

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!

Double standard at Bolded
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2011
seanet02:

Double standard at Bolded

It was a ceremonial position at that time if you did not know. Use your mind for once.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by jason123: 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
STOP THIS REGIONAL AND ETHNIC POLITICS, FOR GOD SAKE! Has the standard of living of an average SS man improved with GEJ?? Has the SW improved with OBJ? What about the North?? The only people that profits from our collective stupi.dityzoning and regional politics are the ELITES AND THEIR CHILDREN! 2015, if an igbo man rules the country, do you actually think it will improve the fortunes of the East?? DREAM ON!!!
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by AljUche: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2011
ezeuche

jonathan is half edo half SE igbo undecided remember his name is azikiwe

obj origin is not sure as well,.,. some claim him to be igbo,.,. which explains why the yorubas did not like him undecided
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by Katsumoto: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
The year is 2011 and some individuals are still advocating selecting a president based on the region he is from or not from.

What about using some other criteria in selecting the best candidate? Anyway, a people usually get a leader they deserve.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^

This is Nigeria. To those who provide the bulk of the wealth for the nation, I believe it is the least the country can do with showing better representation.

The North is not BORN TO RULE!
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2011
GEJ has not done anything to upset the East. He has actually done things in good faith when he released plans to help improve the region, which has been neglected by countless administrations.

The entire East lacks any Federal presence. That needs to stop. And every Northern head of statehas focused on his region. Even Abacha showed Kano with Federal projects during his tenure.

GEJ may be mediocre, but it is better than being utterly incompetent.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by AljUche: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

GEJ has not done anything to upset the East. He has actually done things in good faith when he released plans to help improve the region, which has been neglected by countless administrations.

The entire East lacks any Federal presence. That needs to stop. And every Northern head of statehas focused on his region. Even Abacha showed Kano with Federal projects during his tenure.

so u want jonathan to focus on SE sha

what happens to balysea state

what about edo state

oyo ni ko

where is borno state in you equation

u have also forgotten plateau state

why SE alone ezeuche my brother

why ?
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by jason123: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Apart from Lagos, tell where there is federal presence in the SW? Apart from porthatcourt, tell where the federal presence is? Even in the North, none! Abacha was a MILITARY RULER not A DEMOCRATIC RULER.

GEJ is not the best Naija can produce. He will only be re-elected based on Southern sentiments, nothing more.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
Alj Uche:

so u want jonathan to focus on SE sha

what happens to balysea state

Errant nonsense. Last time I checked, Bayelsa is in the East.

I want him to focus on the neglected regions of the SE and SS.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by jason123: 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

JOKER!!!
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
jason123:

JOKER!!!

Geography is not your friend.

Name the states East of the River Niger.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by AljUche: 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

ok fine

if balysea is in the east why complain at all

balysea state his been transformed from creeks to an average nigerian state

thanks to yaradua and OBJ ,.,.,. from jobs to amesty programes

to schools and others,.,.,. the FG has helped

alams and jonathan stole a lot of money from that state and now FG has to do everything
ezeuche, do you know when last the government did anything to NE or kanuri people in general

i ask

if you know please tell us, because i can not remember
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^

I could care less what the gov't has done for you all. All those head of states that hail from your region, I would have expected them to develop your region. However, we all know how the people of the North do not hold their leaders accountable. You all have yourself to blame, since the people of the North have been ruling this nation for long with nothing to show for it.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by jason123: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Geography is not your friend.

Name the states East of the River Niger.

What is the context of your OWN thread? Politics or geography?
Bayelsa is geographically east of Niger river but politically, it is SS. And since you are talking about politics, Bayelsa state is NOT in the "East".
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by AljUche: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

I could care less what the gov't has done for you all. All those head of states that hail from your region, I would have expected them to develop your region. However, we all know how the people of the North do not hold their leaders accountable. You all have yourself to blame, since the people of the North have been ruling this nation for long with nothing to show for it.

what leader are you talking about brother

the only president from the kanuri i can remember is abacha, and igbos have had 2 i.e innamdi, ironsi, even VP ekueme
but do you hold them accountable for there actions ?
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EzeUche2(m): 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
jason123:

What is the context of your OWN thread? Politics or geography?
Bayelsa is geographically east of Niger river but politically, it is SS. And since you are talking about politics, Bayelsa state is NOT in the "East".

What is your problem? The point of this thread is that one main region has produce head of states for the entire history of Nigeria, but nothing to show for it.

It is time to allow someone from the SS or SE have a chance to salvage Nigeria.
Re: Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State by EkoIle1: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
Another idiotic nonsense by a clueless ibo boy. You mean we should vote for another d.umb and incompetent man who can't even visit his his own state talk less take care of the country's security problems. The clown is even acting as if Jos is not even part of Nigeria. Useless people.

(1) (Reply)

A Young President Is Coming From Edo State To Bring Peace To Nigeria – Prophet / A Passenger's Experience On GEJ's "Train Of Hell" / Have You Ever Meet Someone That Live Below $1 Per Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.