Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres (1794 Views)

Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS / Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Shehuyinka: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
AS Nigerian universities strike lingers, Biodun Ogunyemi, the president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) said employers from Ethiopia came to Nigeria recently and harvested 200 professors from public universities.

Ogunyemi said this when he featured on Arise TV to discuss the ongoing strike, demands of the Union from the federal government and a possible brain drain after the strike.

“We are aware that a few months ago, Ethiopia came to Nigeria and harvested 200 professors from public universities, and they are still looking for more,” said Ogunyemi.

He added that within the last two months, 25 scholars from public universities were also harvested by a private university in Yola state.

Ogunyemi further stated that the reason Nigerian politicians fail to understand the demands of the Union on the revitalisation of universities is that about 90 percent of their children are not enrolled in public varsities.

“About ninety percent of Nigerian politicians do not have their children in public universities that is why they do not understand the demands we are making,” he further stated.

According to Ogunyemi, the revitalisation fund agreed between the Union and the FG in a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed in 2013 was based on the needs assessment of public universities.

“The 2013 MOU on the report of a needs assessment of Nigerian Universities. The tranche that we asking for is to ensure that government goes back into the path where we said it is for fixing the utter decay in our universities,” he stated.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/few-months-ago-ethiopia-harvested-about-200-professors-from-nigerian-universities-ASUU-president-ogunyemi/

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by donbachi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Yam and cassava lecturers.
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by techmo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Well highest bidder
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Charleys: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Agriculture is the future. grin

Education is dead. ;(
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Look at the language this one is using!
Harvested, like say dem be yam and cassava
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Amotolongbo(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ogunyemi said this when he featured on Arise TV to discuss the ongoing strike, demands of the Union from the federal government and a possible brain drain after the strike.
Ethiopia brain draining Nigeria?

Nigeria is fast becoming a dead giant then

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by EzzyCarter: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
Look at the language this one is using!
Harvested, like say dem be yam and cassava

It's called use of literary/figurative device sir grin
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
EzzyCarter:

It's called use of literary/figurative device sir grin
it is, not it's..
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by EzzyCarter: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
it is, not it's..

King of England, are you okay now? grin .

Always be sure to confirm your facts before making corrections. I come in peace...

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
it is, not it's..

Mr. Olodo,

It's is the contracted form of it is. Same as "do not / don't". So they are one and the same!
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Always be sure to confirm your facts before making corrections. I come in peace...

You are making it more complex for him to understand! I now believe that literacy rate is extremely low! Just a three letter word!!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by tyup(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
In simple words from the Professor

"Agriculture is the way" and this country is going no where without it
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kampack:

Mr. Olodo,

It's is the contracted form of it is. Same as "do not / don't". So they are one and the same!
ode
There is a contest where you use it's and it is, don't be foolish

It is called use of figurative
Not it's called use of figurative.
Because they mean the same thing doesn't mean you can put them in sentences just anyhow..
Make una no dey dumb like buhari
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Les: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
ode

Because they mean the same thing doesn't mean you can put them in sentences just anyhow..
you are right...

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by sreamsense: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Is it not better? Let all ASUU professors and lecturers go, so government can recruit fresh and best brains. What is the result of current lecturers and professors we have? Nothing! They can't teach well, they can't conduct good researches even if you give them billions for researches.

They are only good at negotiating how to share national cake with their members by hiding under canopy of we are fighting for quality education and students! They will never tell you they are selfish and fighting for themselves. Please, tell the ASUU president to follow them down to Ethipia, we are tired of their riddance to rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Golan007: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Yet no vacancies.

Even the first class mathematician is heaping ridges in Abakaliki.
grin

Make una continue.
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
ode

Certified olodo! You are a disgrace to all olodos! grin

Did you just type "contest"!!!!! grin grin cheesy grin grin

I'm sure you meant context!

You have a lot to learn o!
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kampack:

Certified olodo! You are a disgrace to all olodos! grin

Did you just type "contest"!!!!! grin grin cheesy grin grin

I'm sure you meant context!

You have a lot to learn o!
there is a difference between mistake and ignorance Boda ode.. Mine was a mistake, keypad mistake actually but yours was pure stupidity and ignorance
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
there is a difference between mistake and ignorance Boda ode.. My was a mistake, keypad mistake actually but yours was pure stupidity and ignorance

Chief of olodos!

"Mine" NOT "My"

Learn to use punctuation marks appropriately. Start your sentences with Capital letters please. grin grin grin

You surely must be attending a village school!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kampack:

Chief of olodos!

"Mine" NOT "My"

You surely must be attending a village school!
according to what you quoted up there, did you quote mine or my?
Receive sense dummy
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
according to what you quoted up there, did you quote mine or my?
Receive sense dummy

Olodo starts with small letters again!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
EzzyCarter:

I hate to school dummies, they are irritating..
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
sreamsense:
Is it not better? Let all ASUU professors and lecturers go, so government can recruit fresh and best brains. What is the result of current lecturers and professors we have? Nothing! They can't teach well, they can't conduct good researches even if you give them billions for researches.

They are only good at negotiating how to share national cake with their members by hiding under canopy of we are fighting for quality education and students! They will never tell you they are selfish and fighting for themselves. Please, tell the ASUU president to follow them down to Ethipia, we are tired of their riddance to rubbish
If you are not a product of the system then you can say anything and get away with it. However, if you are a product of the system, lectured by those you said cannot conduct research and teach, the situation will be worse because it is the likes of you that will be recruited. A mango tree will not bear orange fruits.
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Soarr(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kampack:

Olodo starts with small letters again!

grin grin grin grin grin
you are a nuisance, get off my mention, you are irritating

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by Kampack: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
you are a nuisance, get off my mention, you are irritating

Oloooooooodooooo!

Small letter starting a sentence again! You are so incorrigible!

Now, go enroll in a better school! Scram!
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by EzzyCarter: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
I hate to school dummies, they are irritating..

You're the dummy here man grin
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by EzzyCarter: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kampack:

Oloooooooodooooo!

Small letter starting a sentence again! You are so incorrigible!

Now, go enroll in a better school! Scram!

Lmao. Bruh, just see the way the guy is disgracing himself on here grin . Ppl dey this Nairaland sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by duduade: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
In Yola State ke

I fear
Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by sreamsense: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
engrfcuksmtin:
If you are not a product of the system then you can say anything and get away with it. However, if you are a product of the system, lectured by those you said cannot conduct research and teach, the situation will be worse because it is the likes of you that will be recruited. A mango tree will not bear orange fruits.

I beg my brother, spear me all these emotional logical-outburst, call a spade-a-spade. Being taught by them is not the problem, but remaining stagnant on the same spot is the problem and wanting similar calamity to befall unborn generation is a double barrel problem. Why is that it is only when they want to negotiate their salaries and other benefits that they usually remember to fight for quality education and students? Are they not the ones downgrading standard of education themselves in higher proportion than other stakeholders in academic industries?

When government send visitation panels to schools in the name of NUC to find out what is lacking in schools. Are they not the one frustrating government efforts during accreditation? Is it not the same ASUU members that usually lie to government that everything is ok with their departments and schools during accreditation by going out to nearby polytechnics or nearby universities to borrow equipment they want to use for accreditation to deceive goverment. After accreditation, they will return the equipment back to schools where they borrowed them without using them for their students' practicals.

Some schools will admit students more than equipment and resources they have and beyond what government stipulated to them, during accreditation, they will tell students with matric number 1 to 100 to come to school while 101 to 1000 to stay at home to deceive government; and later come back to blame the same government. Some of them will even sell workshop equipment and laboratory chemicals. Every strata of academic system needs to be restructured to become more functional instead of turning-out potential unemployable students every year, of which some of them after frustration due to joblessness turn out to become terrors to the societies

Methods of recruiting lecturers into universities and polytechnics should be reviewed. We should stop emphasizing only on academic qualifications and how many journals published potential job candidate has; we should include industrial work experience and ability to teach student or transfer knowledge even to the dullests in the class. Government should discourage employing fresh graduates with distinction into our academic system without industrial working experiences. Many of the lecturers never had industrial working experience and they want to train students to go to industries they themselves never worked for one day. How is it going to help our academic system?

Check Harvard, MIT lecturers, check their profiles. Many of them are currently working in the industries and they are still lecturing, some of them are inventors and have companies producing their inventions, yet they are still lecturers in those schools I mentioned above, but it is the opposite here in Nigeria. What is the advantage of professor who can not transfer useful and applicable knowledge to younger generation after two hours class lecture on daily basis? Is it not useless, but they are collecting salaries for nothing?And even reasonable researches, they can't carry out except sex for mark!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres by engrfcuksmtin(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
sreamsense:

I beg my brother, spear me all these emotional logical-outburst, call a spade-a-spade. Being taught by them is not the problem, but remaining stagnant on the same spot is the problem and wanting similar calamity to befall unborn generation is a double barrel problem. Why is that it is only when they want to negotiate their salaries and other benefits that they usually remember to fight for quality education and students? Are they not the ones downgrading standard of education themselves in higher proportion than other stakeholders in academic industries?

When government send visitation panels to schools in the name of NUC to find out what is lacking in schools. Are they not the one frustrating government efforts during accreditation? Is it not the same ASUU members that usually lie to government that everything is ok with their departments and schools during accreditation by going out to nearby polytechnics or nearby universities to borrow equipment they want to use for accreditation to deceive goverment. After accreditation, they will return the equipment back to schools where they borrowed them without using them for their students' practicals.

Some schools will admit students more than equipment and resources they have and beyond what government stipulated to them, during accreditation, they will tell students with matric number 1 to 100 to come to school while 101 to 1000 to stay at home to deceive government; and later come back to blame the same government. Some of them will even sell workshop equipment and laboratory chemicals. Every strata of academic system needs to be restructured to become more functional instead of turning-out potential unemployable students every year, of which some of them after frustration due to joblessness turn out to become terrors to the societies

Methods of recruiting lecturers into universities and polytechnics should be reviewed. We should stop emphasizing only on academic qualifications and how many journals published potential job candidate has; we should include industrial work experience and ability to teach student or transfer knowledge even to the dullests in the class. Government should discourage employing fresh graduates with distinction into our academic system without industrial working experiences. Many of the lecturers never had industrial working experience and they want to train students to go to industries they themselves never worked for one day. How is it going to help our academic system?

Check Harvard, MIT lecturers, check their profiles. Many of them are currently working in the industries and they are still lecturing, some of them are inventors and have companies producing their inventions, yet they are still lecturers in those schools I mentioned above, but it is the opposite here in Nigeria. What is the advantage of professor who can not transfer useful and applicable knowledge to younger generation after two hours class lecture on daily basis? Is it not useless, but they are collecting salaries for nothing?And even reasonable researches, they can't carry out except sex for mark!
Your epistle is so long.........anyway a little question for you. How will a Professor make an innovation in your countries outdated and ill equipped laboratories and facilities. They should use thier saliva? You must have had a very bad experience in your days in higher institution or you to be so disgruntled with ASUU.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yaba Tech Hnd (full /part Time) Form Now On Sale / Info On Waec Gce Runs / Study In Brazil With An Affordable Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.