Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU (861 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / ASUU: Strike Continues, As FG Gives Condition To Accommodate ASUU’s UTAS / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by State001: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
We won't call off strike until FG meets our demands — ASUU

...says UTAS evaluation ’ll take one week, not eight

Contrary to the claims by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, that evaluation of the ASUU-backed University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) payment platform would take eight weeks, the Union said it requires just one week.

This is even as the Academic Staff Union of Universities vowed not to call of its over seven-month old strike until the federal government meets their demands.

President of the Union, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, made these known in an interview monitored by CAMPUS GIST on Arise Television, Thursday morning.

Speaking on reasons for the industrial action, the ASUU boss insisted the Union will remain adamant until their demands are met by the Buhari government.

He said: “The FG has only made promises to us, they’ve not taken any step. And UTAS, on the other hand, would only take a week for evaluation as against the acclaimed 8 weeks by the government.”

Prof. Ogunyemi, therefore, urged all ASUU members to look for alternative means of survival until the government is ready to take them serious.

https://campusgist.com.ng/2020/11/19/we-wont-call-off-strike-until-fg-meets-our-demands-ASUU/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

1 Like

Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Federal govt is doing well. They should keep disappointing until i complete learning this skill I'm learning.
Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by Karlifate: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ngige & lies:

Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by duduade: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
The hardware nko that Grandpa Ngige was emphasizing on nko

Uncle Biodun respond on this
Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by paulolee(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Na wah o...d ping pong continues...
Heard dey is no meeting again today as planned bcox ASUU members are angry dey were invited tru text messages....jus imagine
Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by Abcruz(m): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2020
This is certainly not a good time to be a student in Nigeria.
Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by lincsnuel: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2020
I regret applying for a 5 year course.

I would have been done with school a long time ago if I had gone for a 4 year course!
Re: UTAS Evaluation To Take 1, Not 8 Weeks; Strike Continues - ASUU by otokx(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2020
They want to break their own record.

(1) (Reply)

6 Celebrities With Unexpected Degrees / Secondary School Boy Proposes And K!ss Girlfriend During Class Hours [watch] / ASUU Reacts To Parents’ Proposal To Pay N10,000 Per Session To End Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.