Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG (636 Views)

Igboho Is A Businessman Not A Terrorist, Lawyer Replies FG / Lekki Shootings: ‘We Stand By Our Report’, CNN Reacts To FG's Sanction Threat / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Berezuski: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
By Paul Omorogbe
On Nov 19, 2020
Cable News Network

Cable News Network (CNN) has reacted to the Federal Government’s stance that it should be sanctioned over its report on the October 20 shooting incident at the Lekki Toll Gate, saying it stands by its report.

Addressing the press at the fortified Army Resource Center, Mambilla Barracks, Abuja, Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed on Thursday described as jaundiced the CNN report that the military shot at peaceful protesters.

“CNN relied heavily on unverified and possibly-doctored videos, as well as information sourced from questionable sources, to reach its conclusion.

“This should earn CNN a serious sanction for irresponsible reporting,” Lai Mohammed said.

However, in a swift reaction on Thursday, a company spokesperson said CNN stands by its investigation.

“Our reporting was carefully and meticulously researched, and we stand by it,” the spokesperson said via email.

According to CNN, the report was based on testimony from dozens of witnesses, and photos and video obtained and geolocated by CNN.

It painted a picture of how members of the Nigerian army and the police shot at the crowd, killing at least one person and wounding dozens more.

CNN said it verified photos and videos acquired from multiple eyewitnesses and protesters using timestamps and other data from the video files.

Video footage shows soldiers who appear to be shooting in the direction of protesters. And accounts from eyewitnesses established that after the army withdrew, a second round of shooting happened later in the evening.

Prior to publishing the report, CNN said it tried multiple times to elicit comment from the Nigerian army and police.

A Lagos State police spokesman declined to comment because of an ongoing investigation, while a statement from the Lagos State government said that there would be no comment while a judicial tribunal was underway.

CNN also said it included comments from army representative Brigadier Ahmed Taiwo, testifying before the tribunal. He denied that soldiers would shoot at Nigerian citizens.

According to CNN, “the investigation was broadcast and published on Wednesday and cast doubt on Nigerian authorities’ shifting and changing statements over what happened at the protest at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos.

“The CNN report included evidence that bullet casings from the scene matched those used by the Nigerian army when shooting live rounds, according to current and former Nigerian military officials.

“Two ballistics experts also confirmed with CNN that the shape of the bullet casings indicate they used live rounds, which contradicts the army’s claim they fired blanks.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lekki-toll-gate-we-stand-by-our-report-cnn-replies-fg/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by HandmadeD: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hnmm,
Interesting times ahead

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Davash222(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
I wonder why CNN chose to condescend too low to reply the ineffectual FG of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by babajeje123(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
I haven't seen anyone as slow as Lai. CNN is not a media you can bully.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by moneyshop: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lai over to you!

Why you're at it, best speak good English because in your former presentations, I've observed so much gramaticle error in both the speaking and writing altogether.

As a graduation of First classes in English Languwage, Lai doesn't know I can locate his gbas gbos grin grin grin

Good job CNN! That's while I am always submit my CV to your station for employing over 10 years now. Even as I kept getting rejected emails, I will keep on trying because I have First classes in English Languwage.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by November1857(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Davash222:
I wonder why CNN chose to condescend too low to reply the ineffectual FG of Nigeria.
A A country that killed citizens who held her flag and sang her national anthem.

Imagine United states killing citizens who hold her flag and sing her national anthem .can u Imagine that ?

This backwards stunt jihadist administration that still operates in 16th century of conquering mentality 'll never go unpunish for crime committed against her citizens....
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Racoon(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
They thought they can coerce CNN as they have bullied almost all the media houses in Nigeria.Shameless lying and oppressive.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by uptimum123(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
CNN has lost its credibility and no one takes them serious again.

The point still remains no massacre happened at Lekki toll gate.

To all those rumour mongers and fake news career, just know that one way or the other you will all face the wrath of the law

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by fourboys: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Time to be alive...
Naija journalist shame on all of u
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Goodmarlian: 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
You can never suppress the truth..
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by ValCon888: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
It is not only an insult to Nigerians, it is an insult to the dead for Lai Mohammed to say no one died in the shooting. The deepest depths of hell is not hot enough to burn Lai Mohammed.

These types of politicians will eat shit and drink piss to defend their jobs.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Okoroawusa: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
So CNN is no longer a "fake news" station?

Anybody and I mean anybody can press the mumu button of PDP and Igbos
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by uptimum123(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
moneyshop:
Lai over to you!

Why you're at it, best speak good English because in your former presentations, I've observed so much gramaticle error in both the speaking and writing altogether.

As a graduation of First classes in English Languwage, Lai doesn't know I can locate his gbas gbos grin grin grin

Good job CNN! That's while I am always submit my CV to your station for employing over 10 years now. Even as I kept getting rejected emails, I will keep on trying because I have First classes in English Languwage.

Oga you should correct your own English first.

Pot calling kettle black

No wonder why they didn't reply your mails

1 Like

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Berezuski: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
If the US army can freed its citizens from hostage in Nigeria, why can CNN conduct a credible investigation here as well?
The lekki shooting was evident.
So the bloodstains and cuts were self Inflicted abi?
A huge shame on this governmen.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by sammy329(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
angry
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by majamajic(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nigeria stations hands were tied

Too bad !
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by etrouble: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
Show us the dead bodies
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by capitalzero: 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
moneyshop:
Lai over to you!

First classes?
Clap for yourself
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Earlystar698(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wahala for government wey no sabi talk grin
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
No need to reply them CNN.
We know them very much. They will never agree on anything that does not favor them.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by NGpatriot: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Same way they stood by their fake reporting that 38 protesters died at the Lekki toll gate?

Did they show proof and evidence that 38 people actually died?

Now they are trying to clean up with one anti Nigerian ipob who downgraded her own tales from 78 bodies to 15, but both CNN and their ipob liar still can not show proof or evidence of massacre or even any kind of killing at all.

Investigative and credible reporting dictates that when you alleged and report, you show facts, something that is required in their own country, but this is Nigeria, another African country where facts and credible reporting means nothing especially when they have clueless and ignorant ipob to use.

Bunch of losers.

You can not do anything to us

Your report is already inside garbage and to be forgotten because it's not grounded in facts and accurate reporting.

God Bless Nigeria.

Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Dont be fooled by Leftist media CNN who seek to promote radicalized feminism , homosexuality, gay marriage, LGBTQ, abortion under the disguise of supporting End SARS look at their DJ Switch media talk and compare to their news of female celeb Adele divorce from her spouse, who after the divorce she will be feeding as their culture support female hypergamy creating broke emasculated men , my fellow youths let's not be deceived , the ends protest has been hijacked

Obviously its expected she married an emasculated Simp(a potential gay**t), because their society is so progressive and allows for female hypergamy hence the rise of weak nonvirile men , homosexual men, non binary men, She Male,Bisexual men,and other aborminations we see openly in these society,I commend her success as an individual , attaining these height in her music career based on her own merit but I'm against their society killing natural masculinity in their men via queerness,sexless,and genderless notion

The African Man is a natural redpiller , our conservative culture alone produces Alpha male,and also strong independent women who don't see men,babies,marriage,family as threats to achieving their personal set out objectives eg Mrs Folorusho Alakija(richest woman in Africa),Mrs Awoseka of first bank , Arch bishop Mrs Idahosa , Mrs Tara of house of Tara, Former senator Mrs Florence It's Giwa, Rev Mrs Adejumo, Aisha Yesufu of Endsars protest, Mrs Stella okoli the founder and current CEO of Emzor pharmaceutical,and a host of others

These compared to what the leftist american media who want to promote single motherhood,divorce,queerness and other progressive ideologies and we see in some of our female celebrities Toke Makiwa (divorce),Vanetta of big brother(divorce),Genevieve Nnaji (single mother),Waje(single mother ),INI Edo(divorce),Tiwa savage(divorce and single mother) and a host of others

Note I'm not against single women or men Apostle Paul was single,Jesus was single,Mother Theresa was single, you can be single and still fufil destiny, have peace of mind, attain happiness without needing the institution of marriage or family,what I'm against and I now see in some women is that they now see that marriage, family, .men, babies all as threats to attaining women right,and women independence hence the wave of radical feminism, toxic feminity ,progressivism,LGBTQ, genderless and queerness notion

An example is an NGO called feminist coalition that was headed by modern feminist kiki mordi and a host of other ladies who where one of the major sponsors and organizers of the End SARS protest specifically in Lekki toll gate protest under the guise of fighting for police reform,end to police brutality ,end to extra Judicial killing, were actual fighting for radical leftist ideologies like LGBTQ,abortion,gay marriage, etc which are against God and Nature, they were verified by progressive twitter owner Jack Dorsey to gain popularity and donation for these so called purpose

We are all complaining about Buhari today , his bad economic policies as we are seeing rise in fuel,food,transportion costs etc. poor govt educational policies keeping youths from school because of ASUU strike, dictatorial tendency by trying to ban social media,corruption by holding covid 19 pallatives ,etc. We see former pres Jonathan as a weak, incompetent , corrupt politician who could not handle the Boko Haram terrorist insurgency ,people don't see the reason for these was his refusal to accept progressive Obama Gay marriage policy,Jonathan not only refused these satanic leftist feminist ideology but also penalized homosexuals with new legislative bill of 13 yrs imprisonment of homosexuals,Obama punished Nigeria by refusing us the money and arms to fight these terrorist hence leading to countless loss of lives and properties,human displacement into IDP camps,violation of women body and right in the case of Chibok girls , and now these tribalist bigot incompetent president Buhari.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Babalawoniger: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
This government is really clueless. Sanction an international media organization like CNN?
Even Donald Trump couldn't finish the fight with CNN.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by privaldo: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
uptimum123:
CNN has lost its credibility and no one takes them serious again.

The point still remains no massacre happened at Lekki toll gate.

To all those rumour mongers and fake news career, just know that one way or the other you will all face the wrath of the law

You seem pained, grin grin grin.

Instead of correcting that guy that was probably being sarcastic you should correct yourself first, its "carrier" and not "career".
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by privaldo: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
NGpatriot:
Same way they stood by their fake reporting that 38 protesters died at the Lekki toll gate?

Did they show proof and evidence that 38 people actually died?

Now they are trying to clean up with one anti Nigerian ipob who downgraded her own tales from 78 bodies to 15, but both CNN and their ipob liar still can not show proof or evidence of massacre or even any kind of killing at all.

Investigative and credible reporting dictates that when you alleged and report, you show facts, something that is required in their own country, but this is Nigeria, another African country where facts and credible reporting means nothing especially when they have clueless and ignorant ipob to use.

Bunch of losers.

You can not do anything to us

Your report is already inside garbage and to be forgotten because it's not grounded in facts and accurate reporting.

God Bless Nigeria.

Who is this "us" you talk of? If you are among then you obviously are a clown to think that CNN knows that you exist.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by NGpatriot: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2020
privaldo:

Who is this "us" you talk of? If you are among then you obviously are a clown to think that CNN knows that you exist.

Us is Nigeria and who gives a shitt about CNN knowing me or not? Is CNN my country? Is CNN responsible for your next paycheck? How exactly is my existence tied to CNN that I should be worried if they know me or not?

This is the problem with you Igbos you have serious kolomental syndrome all because of your collective low self esteem and inferiority complex.

You Igbos just cluelessly think CNN will get to the bottom of it, CNN will identify the culprits, CNN will arrest and jail them, CNN will come up with recommendations and even sef CNN will compensate the victims.

See how clueless, useless and upside down thinking Igbos are?

You people are lousy comedians.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by Realadey(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by privaldo: 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

Us is Nigeria and who gives a shitt about CNN knowing me or not? Is CNN ny country? Is CNN responsible for your next paycheck? How exactly is my existence tied to CNN that I should be worried if they know me or not?

This is the problem with you Igbos you have serious kolomental syndrome all because of your collective low self esteem and inferiority complex.

Orr you Igbos just cluelessly think CNN will get to the bottom of it, CNN will identify the culprits, CNN will arrest and jail them, CNN will come up with recommendations and even sef CNN will compensate the victims.

See how clueless, useless and upside down thinking Igbos are?

You people are lousy comedians.

The word is "my" and not "ny", " there is also no word as " cluelessly" and it's "self" and not "sef". I hate Igbos and Nnamdi Kanu more than you would ever do besides, I am not Igbo grin. I am only trying to make you think like a human being, and not some wild animal in the jungle.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by NGpatriot: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
[s]
privaldo:

The word is "my" and not "ny", " there is also no word as " cluelessly" and it's "self" and not "sef". I hate Igbos and Nnamdi Kanu more than you would ever do besides, I am not Igbo grin. I am only trying to make you think like a human being, and not some wild animal in the jungle.
[/s]

Stop boring me with your worthless ipob rubbish.......
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by NGpatriot: 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5IBLvQalA

Look at her, calm cool and collected, all she talked about was wounded people, she said nothing about massacre.

Now tell, me, she allegedly just witness a massacre, she just witnessed 78 people slaughtered, but no sign of mental or emotional trauma or shock, she was at the hospital with just wounded people? nothing about massacre or the Army showing up to take away 78 dead bodies.

Do you know how many trucks you need to load up 78 dead people with multiple gun shots wounds with not a speck of blood on the ground?

She described a bloodbath, but her own version and interpretation of bloodbath doesn't involved blood.

Obviously, she lied to Nigerians, she created needless anger, bloodshed and destruction. Why? Just for fame and to trend on social media?

Very sad.
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by moneyshop: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
capitalzero:

First classes?
Clap for yourself

It that the only correct sentences you could see on my post?
Re: Lekki Toll Gate: We Stand By Our Report, CNN Replies FG by surgical: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
November1857:
A A country that killed citizens who held her flag and sang her national anthem.

Imagine United states killing citizens who hold her flag and sing her national anthem .can u Imagine that ?

This backwards stunt jihadist administration that still operates in 16th century of conquering mentality 'll never go unpunish for crime committed against her citizens....

Having buhari as a head of state was a monumental disaster the disastrous effect will be with the country for a very long time
I wonder what the people were thinking when they made such a horrible mistake

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen In Army Uniform Assassinate Kogi LG Vice Chairman's Husband / Yoruba King Endorse Sunday Igboho And Gave Reason Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Go / Femi Adesina Is Ibo Pretending To Be Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.