Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,798 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) (1396 Views)

Protesters Set Fire On Ayatollah Khomeini's Home (Pics) / Iran Unveils 'Khaibar-Buster' Missile 'That Can Strike US Bases, Israel' / Iran Unveils New Ballistic Missile That Could Destroy US Bases In The Gulf (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2020

Iran unveils new warship laden with missiles, killer drones and attack boats as Ayatollah warns US of ‘all-out war’

IRAN has unveiled a new warship laden with drones, missiles and attack boats as tensions with the US rise.

The launch comes after an adviser to Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned of “full-fledged war” in the wake of reports Donald Trump wanted to bomb a nuclear facility in the country.

Photographs of the ‘Abdollah Roudaki’ ship showed it carrying truck-launched surface-to-surface missiles and anti-aircraft missiles as well as drones.

They also show it carrying small fast boats of the kind the Guard routinely uses in the Persian Gulf.

Iran used the boats to devastating effect in the seizure of the UK-registered Stena Impero in the Gulf in 2019.

Their speed is also put to effect to harass the much more powerful but slower ships of the US Navy.

The 12,000 ton ship, 492 feet long has a pad for helicopters to land on but is small in comparison to a U.S. Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, which is 1,092 feet long.

The ship is operated by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, a military elite dedicated to defending the 1979 Islamic Revolution, and is named after one its dead commanders.

The commander of the Guards navy, Admiral Ali Reza Tangsiri, suggested his forces wanted to move beyond the waters of the Gulf into deep-water patrolling.

Typically, the Guard covers the waters of the Persian Gulf, while Iran's navy patrols the Gulf of Oman and beyond.

“Presence and assignments in the Indian Ocean is our right,” Tangsiri said.

The ship appears to be an answer to US Navy patrols in the region by its Bahrain-based 5th Fleet, whose aircraft carriers routinely travel through the waters of the region.

Iran sees those missions, as well as Israel's expanding presence in the region, as a threat.

Tensions have once again been rising between the US and Iran as Washington seeks to contain the Islamic Republic’s nuclear ambitions.

Donald Trump tore up 2015 agreement aimed at limiting Iran’s ability to produce nuclear weapons a "horrible, one-sided deal" that failed to address its missile programme and behaviour in the region.

The UN nuclear watchdog, the IAEA, recently warned that Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium at its Natanz site has risen to more than 12 times the limit permitted since Trump withdrew from the deal.

It emerged yesterday that US President asked whether he had any options to attack the site after the IAEA’s report but was talked out of by advisers who said it could spark all-out war.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s adviser Hossein Dehghan, who is a possible presidential candidate in in 2021, warned against any American military escalation in Trump’s final weeks in office.

“A limited, tactical conflict can turn into a full-fledged war,” he said.

Yesterday the UN’s nuclear watchdog said Tehran is pumping nuclear fuel into advanced uranium-enriching centrifuges installed underground at Natanz.
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13242883/iran-new-warship-missiles-drones-attack-war/

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Davash222(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
Iran can only make noise while Trump believes in actions.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Koulture(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2020
Quote me anywhere the US cannot defeat the islamic republic of Iran in an all out war without nuclear.

If the US could not defeat a country like vietnam or a rag tag afghans what makes you think they will defeat a country as sophisticated as Iran that also possess submarines,fighter jets and millitary hardwares.One of the reasons the US couldn't win the war in afghanistan was due to the difficult terrain the country has and irans own terrain is even tougher compared to that of afghans.Moreover the iranians are die hard persians ever willing to die for their country unlike the burger eating Americans.
Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Muhammad2468(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
omoo
Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Nackzy: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Things like this deh favour crypto currencies

3 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by dermmy(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
Trump was planning a military strike on Iran days ago but was advised not to do that so as to avoid a full blown conflict. After the coward called Trump has failed to force Iran into negotiating a suicidal deal that only favours America, Israel, Saudi and UAE he is now trying to use military strike to carve a win for himself. The lame duck Trump thinks Obama and other world leaders were stupid when they negotiated with Iran. He should humble himself and accept his failure over the Iran issue.

It's now glaring to him that the Persians are very stubborn and would rather die than give in to the demands of a bully called America. Trump's eyes don dey clear grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Action speak better than word

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by osamz007: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
SOMETHING THIS FOOLISH PEOPLE GO USE ON THEIR PEOPLE

3 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Righteousness89(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hm

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by dermmy(m): 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2020
Davash222:
Iran can only make noise while Trump believes in actions.

Yes the noise they made when they shot down one of the most expensive aircrafts in U.S military arsenal all Mr Trump did was bark on Twitter. They also made that noise when they seized U.K ship in a tit for tat which made British government to release the seized Iranian oil tanker with immediate effect.

They also made the same noise when they fired dozens of missiles that injured over 100 U.S troops leaving them with traumatic brain injuries all Mr Trump did was bark and bark on twitter.

A non nuclear power that keeps confronting nuclear powers/bullies. You better wake up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Davash222(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
dermmy:

Yes the noise they made when they shot down one of the most expensive aircrafts in U.S military arsenal all Mr Trump did was bark on Twitter. They also made that noise when they seized U.K ship in a tit for tat which made British government to release the seized Iranian oil tanker with immediate effect.

They also made the same noise when they fired dozens of missiles that injured over 100 U.S troops leaving them with traumatic brain injuries all Mr Trump did was bark and bark on twitter.

A non nuclear power that keeps confronting nuclear powers/bullies. You better wake up.
Na una dey give this Iran moral. When e go happen, una go still abandon them.

Trump is a very angry man right now, Iran should just respect their selves.

5 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by dermmy(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Davash222:

Oga Iran does not need morale from any bloody outsider they know what it takes to defend themselves and won't allow any country to bully them. And Iran always respects itself abi na crime to unveil military hardware again?

2 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Righteousness89(m): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Weapons! Wars! Threats!
When I see all these, all I see is how Close we are to The great day of the RAPTURE!!!

Its gonna be like every normal day!
Many will be in their offices, schools, business,
Some will be traveling in the air and on land,
Some will be in the Church, Mosques,etc
Some will be on bed with their Spouses,
Some will even be on bed with their Sin Partners,

Suddenly! Unexpectedly! Unannounced!
The Trumpet will Sound and all the People of God All over the World, whose names are in the Book of Life, will have their bodies Changed and they will vanish from the earth to Meet JESUS Christ in the sky..

There will be Worldwide Commotion and Confusion!
Phone networks will be Jammed! Police Stations will be filled with people complaining about the sudden vanishing of their loved ones!

The Eyes and Brains of many will become wide open! They will be like, "So this Rapture thing is true"!
Many are gonna Repent instantly and become Prayer Warriors and Prayer Machines!
They will begin to cry for Mercy! But Alas! IT IS TOO LATE!

If you are out there without JESUS Christ, and you do not want to Experience this Scenario, Say this Prayer with all your Heart !

"LORD JESUS! I am a Sinner in need of Savior!
I am sorry for all the Sins I have Committed!
Have Mercy on me!
I Believe you died and shed your blood For me,
I Believe you rose on the 3rd day!
Wash me with your Precious Blood!
Come into my Heart and be my Lord and Personal Savior! Empower me to Sin no more!
Thank you LORD for Saving me, In Jesus Name...

3 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Rareoil(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Koulture:
Quote me anywhere the US cannot defeat the islamic republic of Iran in an all out war without nuclear.

If the US could not defeat a country like vietnam or a rag tag afghans what makes you think they will defeat a country as sophisticated as Iran that also possess submarines,fighter jets and millitary hardwares.One of the reasons the US couldn't win the war in iran was due to the difficult terrain the country has and irans own terrain is even tougher compared to that of afghans.Moreover the iranians are die hard persians ever willing to die for their country unlike the burger eating Americans.

USA military spending for 2019 was $718.69 billion

Iran only spent $17.4 billion.

He who spends money on its military, can win any war.

If USA wants to delete Iran from world map, my guy no country will stop them.

The aircraft carriers, Iran is displaying today is the only one they have. USA has 43 active aircraft carriers, 11 air nuclear powered, and each can carry 80 aircrafts.

I will say this again, If USA wants to delete Iran from world map, my guy no country will stop them.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by crackhaus: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
It's not as big as the US navy's aircraft carriers, but I like how they are never afraid to antagonize the US. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by dermmy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
crackhaus:
It's not as big as the US navy's aircraft carriers, but I like how they are never afraid to antagonize the US. cheesy

It's an helicopter carrier and for a country that is under a heavy sanction to keep unveiling military hardware such as this speaks volume. Trump wants to undermine their defence for Israel, Saudi Arabia and other sunni countries in the region but they keep passing a message that they won't go down militarily. What they need at this time of continued U.S aggression is deterrence which they are doing well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Koulture(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Rareoil:

USA military spending for 2019 was $718.69 billion

Iran only spent $17.4 billion.

He who spends money on its military, can win any war.

If USA wants to delete Iran from world map, my guy no country will stop them.

The aircraft carriers, Iran is displaying today is the only one they have. USA has 43 active aircraft carriers, 11 air nuclear powered, and each can carry 80 aircrafts.

I will say this again, If USA wants to delete Iran from world map, my guy no country will stop them.
My guy leave all this story,I Know very well about the US military capabilities but ask yourself,why couldn't the US be able to win the war in vietnam and aghanistan despite having all this you mentioned.

Ever heard of the straight of hormuz,that will be the first route the iranians will block and their will be no trading of oil by countries of the world including the almighty USA.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by crackhaus: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
dermmy:

It's an helicopter carrier and for a country that is under a heavy sanction to keep unveiling military hardware such as this speaks volume. Trump wants to undermine their defence for Israel, Saudi Arabia and other sunni countries in the region but they keep passing a message that they won't go down militarily. What they need at this time of continued U.S aggression is deterrence which they are doing well.
Yup, it's impressive...

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by internationalman(m): 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Koulture:

My guy leave all this story,I Know very well about the US military capabilities but ask yourself,why couldn't the US be able to win the war in vietnam and aghanistan despite having all this you mentioned.

Ever heard of the straight of hormuz,that will be the first route the iranians will block and their will be no trading of oil by countries of the world including the almighty USA.

Which of those countries you are mentioning above is bold enough to go to US soil to fight them..

Only California is stronger than Iran in any aspect you could think of

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Daddysidhan: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
It looks more like a container carrier than aircraft carrier Lolz, Iran is just a noise maker.

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Rareoil(m): 12:05am On Nov 20, 2020
Koulture:

Vietnam war was in 1955, alot has changed since then.

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Koulture(m): 12:39am On Nov 20, 2020
internationalman:

Which of those countries you are mentioning above is bold enough to go to US soil to fight them..

Only California is stronger than Iran in any aspect you could think of
My guy I still stand on my ground that the US can never win a war against Iran,neither will Iran too be able to defeat the USA.It will end up being an endless war of bloodshed and destruction.

Are you aware the USA has never in their life fought any country in battle using drones,Iran has lots of this drones and vast experience using them in battles.

This guys are not illiterate arabs,they are educated persians just like europeans.
Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by internationalman(m): 1:01am On Nov 20, 2020
Koulture:

My guy I still stand on my ground that the US can never win a war against Iran,neither will Iran too be able to defeat the USA.It will end up being an endless war of bloodshed and destruction.

Are you aware the USA has never in their life fought any country in battle using drones,Iran has lots of this drones and vast experience using them in battles.

This guys are not illiterate arabs,they are educated persians just like europeans.

So you mean if the USA and Iran go all out in war without the interference of any external bodies it would end in draw??

Wonders shall never end..

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by crackhaus: 1:46am On Nov 20, 2020
internationalman:

So you mean if the USA and Iran go all out in war without the interference of any external bodies it would end in draw??

Highly unlikely.

China, Russia, and maybe North Korea, will most certainly aid the Iranians.

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 20, 2020
OWN GOAL people

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Olominira(m): 3:17am On Nov 20, 2020
crackhaus:

Highly unlikely.

China, Russia, and maybe North Korea, will most certainly aid the Iranians.
At this time, I doubt Europeans would commit to any war against Iran.

It's even act of irresponsibility by any leader to be thinking of war especially for the US, a country battling coronavirus, high debts, unemployment, etc and the priority is war. Any nation that choose incompetent people as leaders would suffer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 20, 2020
Now that sleepy Joe will be at the White House, all the wahala go soon start again.

Ike gwuru.

1 Like

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by crackhaus: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2020
Olominira:

At this time, I doubt Europeans would commit to any war against Iran.

It's even act of irresponsibility by any leader to be thinking of war especially for the US, a country battling coronavirus, high debts, unemployment, etc and the priority is war. Any nation that choose incompetent people as leaders would suffer.
A bad economy has never stopped countries from going to war in the past... However, I believe that tensions between the US and Iran is more of military posturing without any real chance of war breaking out.

They just want to display strength.

5 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by dermmy(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2020
crackhaus:

A bad economy has never stopped countries from going to war in the past... However, I believe that tensions between the US and Iran is more of military posturing without any real chance of war breaking out.

They just want to display strength.

This is more than just military posturing, that lunatic Americans have in the white house does not think before he acts. Did you read he was planning a military strike on Iran and was talked out of it? I don't understand why he thinks a military confrontation with Iran won't affect America or spell doom for the middle east. The egoistic lunatic knows he has been defeated by Iran he is now looking for a way to save himself from his foreign policy failure in the middle east. I'm happy there are sane people around to advice him this time.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by crackhaus: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2020
dermmy:

This is more than just military posturing, that lunatic Americans have in the white house does not think before he acts. Did you read he was planning a military strike on Iran and was talked out of it? I don't understand why he thinks a military confrontation with Iran won't affect America or spell doom for the middle east. The egoistic lunatic knows he has been defeated by Iran and he is looking for a way to save himself from his foreign policy failure in the middle east. I'm happy there are sane people around to advice him this time.
That's the point.

A lot of things will have to go wrong and some very important people in government will have to be on the same page before the US can actually go to war despite what the lunatic wants.

It's not uncommon to see nations making threats towards each other and flexing their muscles.
Even the US military itself is known for always getting dangerously close to the airspace and coastal waters of foreign countries while performing military drills in their backyards. Aggressive behaviour, but not enough to trigger war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by puremaker7(m): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Davash222:

Look as this Donald Trump orange anus licker, you think iran is a coward like Nigeria.
wake me up when you finish licking Trump rectum
Re: Iran Unveils Aircraft-Carrying Ship As Ayatollah Warns US Of ‘All-Out War’ (Pix) by puremaker7(m): 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
internationalman:

why are you talking like a kid?
even america can't go to war alone without allies

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Russia’s Kherson Withdrawal Means For The War-CNN / Obama Must Go! Russia Warns War Against America "Use With Nuclear Weapons" / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.