Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? (5949 Views)

Is It An Insult For A Mother To Ask Her Adult Daughter To Buckle Her Shoes? / Conversation Between Nigerian Dad And His Daughter On Facebook / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by charity00: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
Friend has been told the woman he is interested in is a liar.

Why?

The woman said she couldn't come up to see him one weekend because the dad forbade her from staying out overnight. The she added the following sob story: She said she got a phone call around three in the morning to come to a neighbor's house and get her drunk cousin. When she brought the cousin back in the house, dad assumed she had been out all night and slapped her in the face. Mind you this is not a wayward teen, this is a 27 year old woman.

Every Nigerian who has been asked about this, (about a half dozen) says it is absolutely impossible for a Nigerian dad to slap her adult daughter, and therefore friend should stay completely away because the woman is a pathological liar.

Is it really so COMPLETELY impossible that a Nigerian dad would hit her adult daughter, that from this bit of information alone, you know the woman is a liar?
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
very possible if that so called ¨adult daughter¨live under his roof!
he may have hit her because she got her cousin drunk? i know it sound bush mentality but there you have it.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Outstrip(f): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
Very possible. She can always move out if he intends to dish out that sort of treatment.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by mamagee3(f): 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2011
Yes, he can that's why they move out once they are out of secondary school. grin grin
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Busybody2(f): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
Triple gbam to the three posts ahead of mine. Over and out cool cool cool
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Blazay(m): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
Not impossible.
He could be phocking 'er you know? cheesy
Like some parts of Nigeria practice as religion, culture and religion y'awwwl. wink
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by obowunmi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
I agree with other comments --- until she moves out, she doesn't have much.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by playmate(f): 11:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
before nko? dat is naija for u o!
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2011
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by ncpat(m): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2011
which kind yeye topic this moderator come put for frontpage, abeg make una no spoil nairaland, as long as person still dey under him papa roof weather na woman or man of any age na the same thing he will get, the person get luck say him papa no pour hot water.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by poweredcom(m): 7:49am On Mar 21, 2011
dem say pikin wey no wan let im mama or papa rest him sef no go rest, gbosa, oya them papa say yes i don slap you now oya coem slap me ur papa back, if you no get respect, she starred there looking.cos if she hit papa back, na BIG TABOOO
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by dayokanu(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2011
Na wa o
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by fstranger3(m): 8:03am On Mar 21, 2011
I agreee with Blazay aka Osisi aka AJ aka Becomrichn

I dont think it is impossible, especially with old school parents
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by eghost247(m): 8:18am On Mar 21, 2011
If they live together its possible
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by eghost247(m): 8:20am On Mar 21, 2011
If they live together its possible
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by donner: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2011
She's lucky he only struck her and let her in. I had to sleep on the flour outside the house the whole NIGHT because i was out the whole DAY. As long as she still lives in her father's house then everything is possible. If the guy has honourable intentions then he should introduce himself to her father officially and stop dating her in secret. my father always said he didn't want a boyfriend but a husband. that is the reality of our fathers. I would not call it old fashioned, they r just trying to protect their daughters that's all.  my father's favourite quote ''As long as you're under my roof, ''   smiley
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 21, 2011
see question o!  shocked Naija fathers would bytch slap anyone who lives under his roof, irrespective of who they are or their age.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by naijasing(f): 8:54am On Mar 21, 2011
very possible
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Natasha2(f): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2011
100% possible there's absolutely no impossibility with this, for the fact that she told him her father forbade her then its true i mean she's 27 if she wanted to give an excuse sure she wont give this dumb one i mean there are intelligent excuses to give if she wanted to lie to him so i know she's saying the truth. If fathers can sleep with their daughters then there's absolutely no impossibility for a father to forbid his 27 years old daughter from staying out overnight.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by eghost247(m): 9:04am On Mar 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

100% possible there's absolutely no impossibility with this, for the fact that she told him her father forbade her then its true i mean she's 27 if she wanted to give an excuse sure she wont give this dumb one i mean there are intelligent excuses to give if she wanted to lie to him so i know she's saying the truth. If fathers can sleep with their daughters then there's absolutely no impossibility for a father to forbid his 27 years old daughter from staying out overnight.
no be small thingooooo
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Natasha2(f): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2011
eghost247:

no be small thingooooo
yes my own father almost killed me the day i came back from school late. I HATE THAT DAY
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by eghost247(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

yes my own father almost killed me the day i came back from school late. I HATE THAT DAY
and how old were u when that happend?
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by otukpo(f): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2011
@ OP

Very possible
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Natasha2(f): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2011
eghost247:

and how old were u when that happend?
13 like our school closes at 4pm and the school was far from my home so i normally get home by 5 if he doesn't come to pick me . This particular day we were asked to buy food stuff for our food and nut practical, so when school was over my group went to the super market to buy the things, when we were there the rain started to fall out of the blues so we stayed inside waiting for the rain cos we had not finished purchasing every thing, after waiting for some minutes we decided to go home in the rain so we stood under the rain waiting for a cab before we finally got one. then on reaching home the time was already 5;45 . i received a slap from my mum after which my dad started beating me . I ran into the bathroom which was the greatest mistake i made he caught up with me and God  i was given the beating of my life after was my mum lol , the funniest thing is i don't go out of the house the only time i go out is to school or the supermarket, i don't visit friends and friends don't visit me now i'm out of high school so its even worse i stay at home 24/7 lol

1 Like

Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Natasha2(f): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2011
and they didn't even ask why , imagine it was after the beating they asked for the reason why i came late lol
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by eghost247(m): 9:39am On Mar 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

13 like our school closes at 4pm and the school was far from my home so i normally get home by 5 if he doesn't come to pick me . This particular day we were asked to buy food stuff for our food and nut practical, so when school was over my group went to the super market to buy the things, when we were there the rain started to fall out of the blues so we stayed inside waiting for the rain cos we had not finished purchasing every thing, after waiting for some minutes we decided to go home in the rain so we stood under the rain waiting for a cab before we finally got one. then on reaching home the time was already 5;45 . i received a slap from my mum after which my dad started beating me . I ran into the bathroom which was the greatest mistake i made he caught up with me and God  i was given the beating of my life after was my mum lol , the funniest thing is i don't go out of the house the only time i go out is to school or the supermarket, i don't visit friends and friends don't visit me now i'm out of high school so its even worse i stay at home 24/7 lol
we are talking about a 27year old ADULT on this thread
not a 13year old
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2011
Extremely Possible. Wrong though.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Natasha2(f): 9:49am On Mar 21, 2011
yep i know the fact is i know my dad can also do that to me like my grand mom used to beat my mum even when she got married to my dad so this is just little
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by orbaxy(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2011
T'is a no-good discussion. shouldnt be on the first page.

Why Nigeria?? even in the US, fathers strike daughters.

sometimes, argument between father/son or daughter can deteriorate so much so that tempers flay and restraints are lost.
Her father could have struck her for a million reasons. wait till you hear from him. I ain't saying is proper but girls of nowadays have lost it.
Shit happens bro.
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by Bukittes(f): 9:52am On Mar 21, 2011
Why not? Is she not his daughter? look all those oyinbo thing does not work in africa o! A father can slap his child at any time he/she goes wrong to put them in check inasmuch as they are still under his roof. Which kain rubbish thing be dis for frontpage? Seun how did this get to frontpage Useless post on a Monday morning! Mschew!!!
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by iz2much: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2011
Na Madtness nw
Re: Would A Nigerian Dad Ever Strike His Adult Daughter? by md4real(m): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2011
charity00:

Every Nigerian who has been asked about this, (about a half dozen) says it is absolutely impossible for a Nigerian dad to slap her adult daughter, and therefore friend should stay completely away because the woman is a pathological liar.

are you sure those asked where real Nigerians? it more than possible. na everyday affairs. you dont even need to skip home o. just show any sign of disrespect and they will put you in the right place saying "na me born you"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Grown-up,matured,educated People Behave Stuppid To Make Babies Laugh? / My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 / Top Ten Sandals Design Gift For Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.