Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? (1496 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
Benstino:
1. We live in a legal world. Infact, many relationships that are the strongest have legal bonds, example, marriage. It's "legally together" that even gives birth to "biologically together". So, legality ought be respected.

In the case of Orphanages, there's no law that binds children in the Orphanage as siblings, biologically or legally.
Even if they use the words "brothers and sisters", then U've got to understand that the definition of those terms in that instance, according to the dictionary is : Sister : "any woman or girl with whom a bond is felt through membership of a race, religion or organization"
1. Legality does not change or impact biology, so I am not certain why you keep bringing it up as if to suggest it is a determiner of one's biology. undecided

2. Law that binds siblings? Are you kidding? undecided

Do you not see that even the dictionary meaning you posted clearly leaves it up to individuals to decide for themselves? undecided
Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by capnies: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2022
laiza:
Please care to expatriate on that cos I don't see how they are "siblings" biologically speaking. They don't share the same DNA nor do they have a blood ancestry.
The only issue is environmental which is insignificant in as much as they both understand each other and have feel the same way towards one another. Too many homes have been broken due to misunderstanding and less trivial issues. If they have a chance at happiness let them take it. My view though!

IS AN ADOPTED CHILD NOT YOUR CHILD, SO WHAT MAKES HIM NOT TO BE A BROTHER TO HER SISTER, WHAT IS DNA. DO YOU KNOW THAT THE GENE IS INFLUENCE BY THE ENVIRONMENT AND WAY OF LIFE. YOUR BROTHER IS YOUR BROTHER WHETHER ADOPTED OR NOT
Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Legality does not change or impact biology, so I am not certain why you keep bringing it up as if to suggest it is a determiner of one's biology. undecided

2. Law that binds siblings? Are you kidding? undecided

Do you not see that even the dictionary meaning you posted clearly leaves it up to individuals to decide for themselves? undecided

Definitely, law can bind siblings, same way that biology does.

When you adopt a child, he becomes your son, and therefore a sibling to your daughter. That's a bond created legally by law.

As for the definition I gave, it absolutely doesn't leave it for individuals to decide. If we belong to the same confraternity or organisation , I can call you my brother, same with children in the Orphanage. It's entirely different from the first definition of either "brother" or "sister" in the dictionary. That definition is what the topic is all about. Siblingship initiated by children sharing the same parents (biologically or legally).

The dictionary can have 10 definitions for a single word, and that's why I gave you that definition to illustrate to you the perspective from which children in the Orphanage can use the terms 'brother' or 'sister'.
Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
Benstino:
1. Definitely, law can bind siblings, same way that biology does.

2. When you adopt a child, he becomes your son, and therefore a sibling to your daughter. That's a bond created legally by law.

3. As for the definition I gave, it absolutely doesn't leave it for individuals to decide. If we belong to the same confraternity or organization, I can call you my brother, same with children in the Orphanage. It's entirely different from the first definition of either "brother" or "sister" in the dictionary. That definition is what the topic is all about. Siblingship initiated by children sharing the same parents (biologically or legally).

The dictionary can have 10 definitions for a single word, and that's why I gave you that definition to illustrate to you the perspective from which children in the Orphanage can use the terms 'brother' or 'sister'.
1. The law has no such power which you pretend to accord it. undecided

2. He becomes your responsibility and you become his legal guardian, but he does not belong biologically to you, nor his siblings biologically his. undecided

3. you should go back and read the definitions presented to you, rather than these attempts at making it say only that which you wish. undecided
Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by etrouble: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Fountainofyouth:

This one sleeps with his cousins and siblings for a living.

E be like say you don dey vex
Re: Can An Adopted Son Marry His Sister? by Chidiesta(f): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2022
No

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Partner's Messages / How To Save Marriage Tips - The Stages Of Marriage Failure And Solutions / Parents Turn In 13-year-old Daughter Over Unclad Pics On Cell, Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.