Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star (43055 Views)

Meet Omah Lay, The Fast Rising Nigerian Singer Similar To Rema And Fireboy / DJ Barbie Performs At Ecofest In Sierra Leone, Pronounced No.1 African Star / #MoralInstruction: Falz Explains The Sudden Disappearance Of His Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by EmekaBlue(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
Make all these new guys come bench dem davido and wizkid abeg

Especially that wizkid wey don dey feel himself too much
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by CheedyJ(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
Fire boy is more versatile than him and none of the guys you mentioned are doing catch up except oxlade..
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by SisterFire(f): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
Chii59:
undecided
mtchew leave men to their thing
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Mr100Dollars: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Macsjebs:
Dude is talented, love his vibes and style, very unique

My signature doesn't bite, kindly check it out, thanks fam
where is your location?
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by PussyOdour(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
Of truth the guy is one of the best in Nigeria for now.
That yeyeyeye is a bomb.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2020
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by At10tion: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Songs from pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Smashspesh(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
candygist:

Burna boy is not their mate. Take your time and listen to burna. No be mouth

The guy no smart abeg. Comparing Burna of today to any musician in Naija is a fallacy.

Imagine bopping Burna's Twice As Tall on a 3am at the Balcony of your home complemented with a joint.

That's Heaven bro.

Normal level for me.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Bmaster(m): 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
drips8:
The Nigerian music scene is one of the few good things about this country.
embarassed
So sad but that's the ugly truth embarassed embarassed
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Worksunlimited: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
maddman:

I'm surprised nobody's talking about his new EP

Out of the four-tracked project he dropped hours ago, only "godly" and "can't relate" are worthy of replay.

Asin ehn buh confession sef dey alright..

Your taste and my taste seem to be in line..

Make I recommend 1 song for you, make you listen..

Minks ft. Magasco - Cam No Go.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Hyland(m): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
At10tion:
Songs from pit of hell
And what does that mean?
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by lenghtinny(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Do not disturb is my favorite

Mophasa:

Hello brother is my best

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by dennisworld1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bella shmurda too..
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Realhommie(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Omah Lay is good no doubt but all this hyping ain't necessary..

Come back after 10 years if he's still at the top, coz no be beans to stay relevant in the game for that long.. There's a reason why Wizkid, Davido, Burna, 2Baba and a few others are still doing very well after so many years.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by guru90: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
De guy is so good in music....
My favorite song from Omah Lay is Hello Brother.

Just like Timaya....... I knew when timaya started his music career.............

Now!!!!

Music is Timaya...............................

Timaya is Music............................................

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Midas01: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mumu, which of those do you have?
Misslilbootay:
°°°

I only like the fact he is fine and has a good voice and has dope songs,
What again
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Midas01:
Mumu, which of those do you have?
°°°
Why must you be unfortunate in life?

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Midas01: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
It's not about being relevant after 10 years.. wizkid has been relevant all his career but has been singing rubbish for at least 4 years now.

Give credit where due... This guy's songs are exceptional, and I mean every single one of them. Wizkid and Davido no do pass like this.
Realhommie:
Omah Lay is good no doubt but all this hyping ain't necessary..

Come back after 10 years if he's still at the top, coz no be beans to stay relevant in the game for that long.. There's a reason why Wizkid, Davido, Burna, 2Baba and a few others are still doing very well after so many years.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by lymelyte(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
drips8:
and that's because our stupid politicians are not involved in it..
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by lymelyte(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
drips8:
and that's because politics and our stupid politicians are not involved in it..
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Jackossky(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Sometimes, I prefer to remain silent when it comes to Omah Lay, that guy is a rare gem. First, I really don't like "slow" music but with omah Lay, it's different.
Tell me, how can you listen to

Yeyeye
Bad Influence
Say bye bye
Hello brother
Damn
Lo lo lo
And lots more without falling in love with the tune?

For now, he's one of my best artist on repeat, parental guidance is adviced.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Lamanii22(f): 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
inoki247:
I pray say him one pattern of music no quick fade..

And I noticed something all him song no dey pass 2min plus..

Yeah it's always too short... I always put it on repeat lol...
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Silentgroper(m): 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
i dont jxt vibe wit dz guy's music. It took me months b4 i could download bad influence nd lo lo. I skip it so fast whenever it comes up on playlist.

only joeboy, burna nd wurld does it 4 me
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by BREYZ: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
Mophasa:
Omah Stanley Didia professionally known as Omah lay is a fast Rising Nigerian singer, songwriter record producer and arguably the king of the new school.

Born in the city of Port-Harcourt where he started out as a music producer, He has gone on to get signed by keyqaad entertainment and has since then taken over the music industry by storm after the release of his first project, a five track EP (Extended play) he titled "Get Layed ".

Get Layed has since then garnered over 200M streams across streaming platforms.

The project moved like wildfire as it topped several music charts across the world to amazement of industry experts and timekeepers, giving him deserved recognitions from international audiences and music tabloids.

Apple music actually made him the face of its debut "African Rising " playlist. A platform that scouts for talent music artists across Africa.

He has since appeared on BET, spotify Billboards in time square New York city amongst others.

The mercurial and sudden rise of omah lay is something you seldom see in an ever ruggedly competitive and fast moving Nigerian music industry that have left so many promising talents struggling for recognition and grabbing at straws just to stay relevant.

Inasmuch as music critics have attributed omah Lay's sudden success to grace which is not far from the truth everyone who has been following the singer closely will never doubt the fact that hardwork and determination actually played a huge role.

In less than 5 months in the game omah lay has been featured on same songs with top artists like Wizkid , DJ tunez, DJ Spinall, 6lack, Adekunle Gold, Olamide amongst others, a rare feat most of his peers can only dream of .

As music fans continue to compare him with the likes of Fireboy, Rema, Joe boy, Oxlade et al omah lay has continued to set himself apart with his astonishing style of music comprising of a smooth soothing vocal supported by a slow laid back delivery and laced with pure finesse and undiluted relatable lyrics.

This is something that gives him an edge over his peers as he seems to be making music for the future, he is definitely ahead of his time and moving like a spaceship through the aisle of African music while leaving others behind to continue playing "catch up.

Omah lay is definitely the future of African music.

Prince Barima
A music PR and writer
Twitter @PH_Prinx

Lo lo lo crooner. My best song of 2020
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by blazepascal(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
in conclusion fireboy is still better than him.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by rachytenny2(f): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
His songs are good really. l love them. But am l the only one seeing this? undecided He looks so much like Kiss Daniel

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by jaxxy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Don’t really know his songs. The 1 or 2 I heard where just ok. Probably I need to hear more.
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Oshokalo: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2020
AngryIgboDon:
Highly underrated Superstar!

I rate this guy way above wizkid, burnaboy and Davido.

Go and listen to Ye ye ye, Love you, Bad influence and infinity .... You will dance till you are tired.
oga dats how it is when they just started only time will tell if he can play along
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Opexzy:
This is my best artist from Nigeria right now, can't stop listening to his songs.

A very good vocalist...
he is the opposite of rema. Cool calm and easy unlike the latter who is frantic
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Make all these new guys come bench dem davido and wizkid abeg

Especially that wizkid wey don dey feel himself too much
wizkid is living on borrowed glory
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
CheedyJ:
Fire boy is more versatile than him and none of the guys you mentioned are doing catch up except oxlade..
fireboy is good. I luv his first three hits
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Liposure: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Smashspesh:

The guy no smart abeg. Comparing Burna of today to any musician in Naija is a fallacy.

Imagine bopping Burna's Twice As Tall on a 3am at the Balcony of your home complemented with a joint.

That's Heaven bro.

Normal level for me.
monsters you made is driving me nuts. Dude is amazing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sylvia Nduka In Husband Snatching Scandal / Lekan Babalola - Nigeria's First Grammy Award Winner / Flavour Welcomed To Liberia By His Enugu Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.